Expansion 12 and More on The Horizon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Kalmaraa Active Member

I just hope they release the prices soon, budgeting is tight enough for me already.
    Sentrasia likes this.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

3. Alenna Well-Known Member

4. Awkk Well-Known Member

Also it might have been a joke.
    Feldon likes this.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

My post is wrong on multiple points... I should have quoted the person stating that they were going to phase out procs and asked if they meant crit bonus... instead it's just messed up, sorry about that. I was running out the door for the day and should have known better (still no excuse).

:oops::oops:
  6. Lamatu Active Member

The Devs have said procs will only be on weapons going forward. Since Rum Cellar we have seen jewelry only have straight bonuses like crit bonus and potency.
    Edelphia likes this.
  7. Nelie Well-Known Member

Around 12:28 Kander explains
  8. Bashem Well-Known Member

They show the UBER Rare and hard for most people to get Ethereal Weapons in that video.

What will the average player get doing say the AoM Heroic Zones?
  9. Nelie Well-Known Member

Yeah, they are talking about the ethereal waves that are currently going on BUT.........

Some people were wanting to know if procs were going to be removed from jewelry and onto weapons. Kander clearly answers that in this, had nothing to do with just Ethereal weapons. Listen from the point of 12 minutes and 28 seconds to what Kander says.
  10. Nantoh Member

Hey,classic EQ is going to start a sale for Heroic characters service.
    How about EQ2??
  11. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Excuse me Please:

Would it be asking too much for expansion of depth on the basically shallow story lines that already exist in the game?
    As opposed to creating more shallow content, why not embellish the existing history of the game?
    More on the Shissar empire, and not just a passing phrase?
    Detail the Rise/Fall of Sebilis,...
    What about the Gnolls? they get the respect of any flea bitten mangy mutt,... what is their history?
    see? there is little to no depth in what already exists,...

and where do all these different giants come from,...? In Thundering Stepps they are just milling around like they are waiting on a bus,...

I would enjoy becoming an integral part of said history,.. as opposed to watching it blur past like a bill board doing 65MPH,....
    There was a tiny taste of this during the Age's End signature quest,... that was enjoyable, yet ever so fleeting,...
    suka likes this.
  12. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I can answer several of your questions.

1) The Shissar Empire was around during I believe the Age of Monuments or Age of Blood. the Shissar were the originators of Necromancy, they were a well versed planes travelling race. the Iksar were their slaves, and they ruled a large portion of Norrath. they created the Shissar Calendar, which was supposed to foretell future events leading to the infamous Ages End. however it is beleived that one one of thier planar skirmishes, Emperor Ssraezeha(sp) slew a demigoddess/signifigant other of Cazic Thule. Obviously displeased, Cazic sent forth the Greenmist. (it's first known unleashing) and it destroyed the Shissar empire, down to from what we knew, the Temple of Ssra, which they translocated to Luclin.
    Once on Luclin, in terror, they formed the Grey, a vaccum around their Temple. fast forward, Eq2 the Shattering apparently sent the Temple crashing into norrath in the Phantom Sea upside down. Shissar Magic has bound the Akheveans to thier service, and they were trying to create a portal to Luclin after it was reformed with chronomancy during Age's End, which we stop.

2) Sebilis was the Iksarian capital after Venril Sathir untied the Tribes into the Iksarian Empire. the Iksar Empire learned powerful magic, and deadly skills from the former Shissarian masters. the quickly conquered most of Kunark, save Veeshan's Peak. Trakanon, a powerful dragon with visions of the future, saw the potential threat in the Iksar Empire...and triggered a massive war, laying waste to most of the navy and sacking Sebilis itself, making it his lair, and was cursed with undeath/lichdom (possibly by his own hand to ensure his prophetic visions came to pass) Rile was Emperor at that time, I beleive, and died at sea with his navy. the Iksar capital was moved to Cabalis. later on Jaled Dar, leader of the Ring, was slain in arial combat with Ganak. both perished. his skeleton is in the Field of Bone. Ganak was the last of the Sathir line, I believe. again after/during the Rending/shattering events in Eq2, Trakanon's undead curse was broken, and he left Sebilis to claim Leadership of the Ring. Venril's undead spirit in Karnor's Keep also gets a new body/liched life...and he reclaimed Sebilis as the center of his new Sathirian Empire in Trakanon's absence.

3. the Gnolls are a race from Brell..and are very tribal in nature. originally there wasn't much love, but not much overhall hatred, between them and humanity. however the first wielder of the Bone Bladed Clyamore, who did have a racial prejudice, was sent as part of an envoy to meet Opalla, a great shaman of the Gnoll tribes. (I believe particularly tied to Blackburrow Clan) the BBC was in control of it's owner however, and slaughtered the envoy, taking Opalla's hand as a trophy. that started the centuries long blood feud with humans. with the dwarves, they were conviced by a ratonga claiming to be thier 'deity' Caretex, who was supposedly inspired by Brell, to become part of the Serillian Horde, on a holy crusade to claim lands the dwarves took...conviently after most the dwarves left on a crusade of thier own to the Vault of Brell.

4. the Giants were a creation of Rallos, from the Age of Scale/Elddar Age. for thier actions helping thier creator in his assualt on the Plane of Earth, as part of the first Rallosian Empire, they were cursed in different ways. most of the Giants had thier intellect reduced, like the Ogres. other became trapped in climates far removed from thier own lands, like the Kromzek/Kromrif in Velious. the ones in Sol's Eye/Perma frost were enslaved by Vox/Nagafen after their drop in intellect for the most part. only after the Rending have many of them regained, like the Ogres, much of their former intellect.

anything else I can help with on that regard? :)
  13. Schemer Member

I'm inlove with Kunark lore, my fav one, and I do love TSO lore, and SF in some part.
  14. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Rainmare:

Thank you kindly for your most detailed response.
    {have you considered making a contribution to The Norrathian Estate Library on Butcherblock? :) Complete attribution assured, and depending on the amount submitted, one's own dedicated place within the Library }

Though I must say, it is through questing and exploration of that quest in-game that I would prefer.
    To enter "soandso" *new* zone to experience or perhaps I should say, "relive" the above statements.
    Even to see cut-scenes in one form or another showing the same,...
  15. Schemer Member

16. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a graphic novel or comic book series covering the history of Norrath. It'd be a good marketing gimmick too. Code in each issue granting a historical themed house item and xp potion, perhaps? ^_^ (I do day dream a bit much, don't I?)
  17. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Roshen mentioned that Frequently Asked Questions from this thread and the Livestream announcement thread would be answered in the live stream itself. Soo here are my questions. ^_^

Will there be some kind of additional appearance slots introduced for effects that come from items like torches, appearance bags (and quivers) and other items that don't necessarily have an appearance, but do affect the lighting or other aspect of the character? (And will these slots be available on mannequins and house actors. I'd love to put my othmir papoose on a mannequin or house actor. XD)

Will a wardrobe of some sort be available soon? All we really need is a depot that is owner access only, and can hold all equipable items whether they are attuned, no-trade, heirloom or anything else. You guys make fantastic stuff, what can I say? We just don't want to let it go!

Will the pet arena be fixed soon? I've only been waiting nearly a decade to be able to unlock the items on the pet arena merchant. >.> (The score keeping part of the program wipes itself when you leave the arena.) I'm guessing it'll get a wee bit more attention from players once the TLE servers get DOF unlocked.

And last of all (for now?); Will we ever be able to equip flight wings to mounts so those spiffy old land/leaping/gliding mounts we knew and loved can be put to use in the sky? (And if you tell me "When pigs fly" I'll take that as a yes, since that would include equipping wings to boar mounts! ;))
    HaphazardAllure and Prissetta like this.
  18. Rainmare Well-Known Member

well many of your questions, which is part of a drawback to any part 2 of a series, is that a LOT of stuff like this are things learned from Eq1. since in eq1 we did face the shissar on Luclin, we had to figure out how to get through the grey if you didn't have a 'breath underwater' type spell/item. I wielded Emperor Ssra's sword after we beat him, and examining it told you it was beleived to be a 'godslaying' weapon, and other legends tell about the raiding on PoFear/planes that got them the runes to make thier calendar.

Venril was in Karnor's Keep in eq1 as a floating skeleton, after a botched liching attempt..(also part of the druid epic I think to beat him) and lots of history or really neat stories that get touched on in Eq2 originate in Eq1. Lucan being a prime example. he was 'liched' in Eq1, and was the captain of the Freeport Militia. all we knew then was how he had formed the milita, what he did when the Marr paladins got back from thier crusade to Faydwer. (during which the Ocean of Tears got it's name) so we knew about him killing another pally, about Mithaniel stripping him of power.

it's only in Eq2 that we see, it seems, that the murder was probably a ritual similar to the one you witness in the Freeport line to create the near unkillable I believe called Dreadguard he uses as his personal bodyguards/highest ranking forces...which is why Kyle Bayle calls him a Revenant, rather then a Lich.

maybe with Chronomancy (if we can find another dragon or maybe if Lendaria(sp) gets involved) with a storyline that actually sends us to the past then these kind of stories would get more ingame/indepth looking into.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Do you do book quests? You know, the ones where you find a book on a mob or buy it from the mage society's sage, and have to go quest for the pages? There's a surprising amount of lore to be found in those books. If you aren't up for book quests, the texts themselves can be found at The Athenaeum, along with meaningful bits of dialog and more.
  20. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, had not run across that yet. :D