Exp Weekend bonus is only 40% on TLE Servers...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Madruk, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Madruk New Member

Intended? Bug? Joke?
  2. Kristabella Well-Known Member

I am hoping it is a bug or an oversight that will be fixed shortly and not let to go on for half the weekend. People have been planning for this all day today, since it was announced.

Hey Holly come see us on Stormhold please :)
  3. Mylakka New Member

A good chunk of my guild was planning to use this time to get to level, with a fair few of us taking naps with the intention of staying up all night. This is honestly kind of disappointing, guys. Not really sure how you let it launch like that.
  4. Kyosa New Member

40% realy ? Another bad joke ?
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

What that tells me is that the XP rate normally received on the TLE servers is 40% of what is received on Live servers.

This is the type of thing I suspect is being done for the XP on TLE servers:
    Code:
    if (TLE)
      XP = BaseXP * (.4 + ServerBonus)
    else
      XP = BaseXP * (ServerBonus + VeteranBonus)
    So setting the Server Bonus on TLE to 40% (a multiplier of .4) would effectively double the normal rate of XP.

If my premise is correct a 100% bonus would be 3.5 times more than normal.
    Eradani likes this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Well, whether it's double xp or not, it's still a bonus we didn't have yesterday. Yeah, the whole "double xp" moniker tends to be problematic, I grant you that. This is not the first time the issue has surfaced on live servers as well. On the flip side, you have two choices. Take the bonus which is more than what we would have had and play and maybe get farther on a toon than you would have. Or not play at all as a form of protest. Entirely your call.
    flameweaver likes this.
  7. Frinch Well-Known Member

They're not mutually exclusive....

~F