Exp rates too high

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Taledar, Mar 16, 2019.

1. veredeth New Member

People complaining about Xp rates being to high and wanting them changed to suit them and screw anyone else is like the larger raid guilds wanting raids changed to suit them and screw what other players think.
    Roadkillusa likes this.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

Some people enjoy rushing to end game, why is it wrong if that's how some like to play?

If that's not your thing, cool, it is your $15 a month play how you want, but no need to criticize others for playing differently.

Actually lots of the people who rushed to 50, will be around on this server longer than some of the more casual players.

There are no P2W mounts on this server and we are not here to impress anyone. We are just playing the game in the way we enjoy the most.

What is childish is insulting others for playing the game a different way.
    Kindread likes this.
  3. Nickolous Member

I have to agree with this. I think the team can do much better than this.

They are beginning to get a reputation for not doing what they state they are. I think this should be avoided, and could be, by doing as they say they are going to do. We don't know what happened to cause the xp rate to be what it is. It could be as simple as the boss making a bad last minute decision.

The point is not that people are complaining about the xp rates, the point is people are upset about the xp rates not being what they told us they would be. These are not the same thing.

I am having fun playing, and enjoy EQ2. Even as a fan, I think we should speak up, when things are not delivered as promised. Maybe that can make them be better in the future.

:)
    tbroark and Bekkr like this.
  4. docsam Member

if you fine and i am fine then why the discussion is done
    leave things as it is and end of story
    all i can say is i am fine if someone hit 50 in 8 hours or whatever
    majority are happy with the current exp rate
    Siren likes this.
  5. Bekkr Well-Known Member

I cannot stress to you enough that this is absolutely not where any sort of problem is. I've seen very few saying xp is too fast being upset about this particular thing. Pots were available on FG, and for those that wanted to use them, no worries.

It's not really even that big of a deal, but people rolled on this server expecting one thing, and it's different than that. Obviously there are as many or more that are pleasantly surprised by the rate, so it seems like whatever number the devs settled on here is probably the right one, or close to it.

I'm just a little disappointed because I actually enjoyed the slow leveling from FG's early days. C'est la vie, and all that. It's pretty clear that things are currently working as intended, either way.
  6. Carynn Well-Known Member

I think the xp rate is fine. I feel like when you solo, you actually progress, unlike on FG original rates. If you group up and use pots, you level faster. Many, many people prefer end game only. Considering this is the fourth go around for many, spending weeks grinding level is the worst thing and causes people to quit. This xp rate is very alt friendly, which means people will buy character slots because of full rosters. The new people to the game will think getting a character to level 50 is great, then go back and try an alt and take their time to get the content they missed. It's a win-win. Don't spoil it!
    Sixgauge and Siren like this.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Kinda feels bad that I grinded for a week on the last two TLE server's, spent all that money. Just for the last one to have no familiars, research, or other pay to win required like pots.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

I guess I am answering based upon Nagafen's 12 week wipe, but I still wouldn't want to see the speed any lower, even on Kaladim. FG was dog slow at launch, and I left. And at the rate TLs get recycled in EQ2, you won't have nearly as long on Kaladim as you think.
  9. Bella222 Active Member

Baloney!!!! The rates are far from high. Most of us don't want to spend money for exp pots. Why go to a new server if you want to level fast?. My grandchildren and I are having fun. Don't ruin things for the rest of us. If you want stress go to the PVP server and get ganked all the time.

And Kaladim mobs are harder. I got killed twice by the Lighting the tower quest by the 2 orcs in the Frostfang Starter area. I have NEVER been killed on that quest in regular EQ2 and I have done that quest many times.
    Siren likes this.
  10. Malvolio Member

I think the Disconnect Kalika is that the group content used to be mandatory and difficult compared to Stormhold, Fallen Gate, and now Kaladim. People didn't 5 man group the Giants/Gnolls in TS for speed almost every class wouldn't even dream of being able to solo them.

Early dungeons like FG, Stormhold and RoV had plenty of wipes and each room had to be slowly cleared rather than pulled entirely. Dungeons like Obelisk of Lost Tears had sections that were vastly different in difficulty, you had to farm outside just to unlock the inside and the level/density of mobs was increased. You wouldn't even consider going down further until you spent some time "grinding". You pulled slower from outside the room before going in, there was downtime between fights, the healer's mana was monitored etc... One or two roamers, or a bad pull meant death for most groups.

The thing we are all chasing is the game with an inordinate amount of immersion, quests, lore, and activities that still requires teamwork for the harder activities. Its a bit early to tell on Kaladim but so far that experience has not been recreated.

As for Daybreak I honestly believe the EXP rates (and the FG Heirloom vendor) were unintentional not that they would admit to such a thing. 2 Other TLEs with vastly different exp curves all with the similar goal of "vanilla rates" and only 1 had significantly quicker (by an order of magnitude). People blame potions but it is my understanding that they were sold before. If the goal was money before the tryhards would buy pots for days straight and spend hundreds, this week they bought maybe 3 sets.
  11. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

xp is fine, these low level groups aren't going to be around forever, eventually you're going to have to solo on this xp to level any alts.
    Zenji, Pixistik and Siren like this.
  12. Quest Noremac New Member

I am not sure but maybe I am missing something. I have been playing with friends and I feel the leveling isn't very fast at all. I played probably around 6+ hours yesterday and have a level 13 character and level 9 character. That doesn't seem that fast to me since I am guessing it will just get slower later in the game.
    Siren likes this.
  13. Roadkillusa Active Member

The solution is simply to disable xp if it is going to fast for you. Nothing wrong with people playing the way they like as long as it is within the game mechanics. The whole xp issue is no different from how some complain and want solo content changed just so they can try to force others in to grouping.