Exp rates fix

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Vulaz, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Zenji Well-Known Member

Our new guildy tonight ran One Rock and Clefts for about 3 hours and he got 10 levels (38-48), with no XP pots or vitality pots. Will update you again this weekend. :)
  2. Froglok Member

How is a new player expected to farm for 10 plat in two hours?

So your argument for exp on this server is.. pay your way through it?

I would hardly call guild mentor powerlevelling a good judge of the standard progression speed on the server.

... After you pay to skip levels you evidently consider problems.....
    Sixgauge, Mizgamer62 and Ceyllynn like this.
  3. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

this is pretty much all that needs to be said. anything more is just wear and tear on your keyboard.
    Mizgamer62, Dude and Ceyllynn like this.
  4. Rolien Active Member

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or just being serious on this one. If being sarcastic I did chuckle a little if being serious are you a DBG employee?

Seriously paying 15bucks to access the server than paying 17 for a krono just to join your fellow players I mean come on seriously?

You openly admit you would not level a character 1-50 solo however expect new players to the server to have plat and be able to find a group in a groupless range.

You can legitimately look for a group for hours and sure there might be some people who are willing to help you level but this is rare now days. You can not honestly expect a person new to the server to have plat and suddenly have people who want to help them level it's unrealistic.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  5. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Zenji seems to have a unique, as in incorrect, understanding of how things work on the server. Unfortunately his/her/zur's experience isn't the same for the majority of players on Fallen Gate. To compare your experience as the standard for how other's can level is not a good representation of the XP grind experience. You said ti yourself. You farm plat, buy collections for lvl 1-30. Then guild mentor grind group to reach cap. Most folks don't have those same resources. You're in a top raiding guild... were in? (I thought you were, maybe I am mistaken) most folks arent in top raid guilds. Who is the leader over at Exodus this week anyway? Seems like it keeps changing... hell I might be the leader.
  6. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Oh im serious. Are you saying new players to the server? or the game? if new to the server, those folks know about krono and its uses and how to get em. If new to game, then I understand where you're coming from. Most folks on the TLE servers are not new to the game. But even those newer players will quickly learn about Krono and what it can do.

I dont like krono and its concept, but I understand the need. Just something we gotta work with, I hear ya though.

The FG server is a bit top heavy at the moment. I will admit,
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

The reading comprehension in this thread is terrible. There are 2 conversations going on here. No, I do not expect a brand new player to farm plat and buy collections. I do expect them to quit complaining about the speed of leveling solo, and join a guild or community and play with others.

I used a new player joining my guild as an example of what can happen if you join a guild of like minded and helpful people,

The farming and collections were comments about how "I" would level an alt "now a day". Which in all fairness, was what I was asked.

Why the hell would I not use the resources I have? I also made suggestions to the person with 9 crafters between her and her husband on farming. Those were not directed at the low level Paladin.

I would love to quote/respond to BC66, but he likes to report people for disagreeing with him, or pointing our flaws in his "logic". and I really don't feel like getting suspended again.
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

Double xp week is supposed to be next week on FG. There should be a slew of players at lower levels then. The broken xp for two plus weeks on the server really killed the lower levels. It was only fixed recently.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  9. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

nope all you said was farming 10p was easy... really? where?
    sure I can make stuff on my toons, but selling arrows really doesn't make one rich in plat.
    I belong to a great guild, I don't expect them to support me however...
  10. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

So you're saying the forums mods suspended you because I disagreed with you? Are you saying that aloud? the mods like me so much they would ban you because I disagree with you? (im not that special) Are you really that daft? To think the devs would suspend you for my comments. No not likely. Whats more likely is you messed up. You spelled harassment and falsely accusing me of being a troll wrong. If It was because I disagree with you then you wouldn't have gotten suspended. The reason I don't get suspended (I'm sure you and/or others report me on the regular) is because I'm not harassing or trolling (by calling others a troll) its because I'm arguing against your points with a legit perspective (as much as you and your crew hate it).

Im saying most players on FG are not in hardcore guilds (is exodus hardcore? i dont see anything about them? Various leadership changes? Maybe they are trying to get their bearings?) Most folks DONT have access to the resources you do Zenji. A new player to EQ2 would be at a disadvantage. A new player to the server could be reasonably expected to have those similar resources, but it all comes down to how hardcore the player is.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

[IMG]

The "join a guild / community" is for some one new to the server having difficulties finding groups to level up. If you are in a great guild already you do not have that problem. Which just shows why I was advising the new Paladin to do the same thing.
  12. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

drak and I don't agree... but we are conversing, not mocking each other's guilds, or even playstyle for the most part, and honestly trying to bridge a clear gap here in understanding... someone else hasn't figured out or grown up enough to get that yet.
    Draknox likes this.
  13. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

ring events involve fighting yes? not going to happen sadly.
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

Please reread what I said. I said you report people. Being reported often leads to being suspended. Nice try though.

There are 15-16 guilds raiding, all roughly the same amount of hours. No one on this server raids more than 6- 9 hours a week, which not very demanding.

http://progress-tle.eq-raiders.com/server-detail/?categoryname=Desert of Flames&server=Fallen Gate

A new player should, like I have said so many times. Find a guild / community of like minded players, because if you do find a good guild (doesn't have to be a raid guild) and you are new to the server. Odds are that good guild will help you get caught up. Just like we did with the example new member I posted about yesterday.

I do not disagree, if you play casually, are new to the server, do not join a guild, and try and solo/PUG your way to max level. It will be painfully slow.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

IIRC, you were having surgery of some kind and will have limited use of an arm for play? If that is the case feel free to PM me, I have some tips/tricks that may help you out there. As well as some alternative ways to farm plat with limited movement requirements.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  16. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

yep, basically getting the tendons and nerves disconnected and reattached in my elbow (from tearing out the inner tendons, never do anything half way right?), right now I have a hard time opening and closing the fingers, if they're not outright numb.
  17. Rolien Active Member

I was hoping you were being sarcastic because I honestly didn't believe anyone could so obsessed with a company.

Saying that they should be expected to buy a krono to catch up with the community on a server which you already have to pay money to play on is pure stupidity.

You expect people to buy access to the server for 15bucks then pay 17bucks for a krono sell said krono for plat buy collections which will put them in the 30s be stuck looking for a group because there are no players.

Wow real good freaking idea to bring in players. Why not just force them to pay and not let them actually log onto the server at all it might as well be the same thing.
    Ceyllynn, Mizgamer62 and Dude like this.
  18. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Obsessed with a company? haha. you're reaching on that one. Nothing is expected. People can buy what they want. Or not. Krono is a way to save time.

$15 for access to the server. DBG needs to make money or it will all close down. $17 for a krono. its an option. Stop being so personally offended by Krono. You just want free stuff? Muh entitlements? You want super low xp rates? (which will trivialize the earlier content, DOF is the first xPack. no need to dilute the experience of Shattered Lands just yet. )
    Bekkr likes this.
  19. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Need the ability to solo through low levels now that the population has moved on, especially now that we are moving to 70 levels. I would not buy kronos just to level up, there are too many other games to play. You can buy rainbow 6 siege for 15 bucks or you can get to level ~30 in eq2... eh...
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  20. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

lol just wait, next week is double xp... maybe someone will quit because they think the game is already trivialized...