Exorcise triggering spell auto attack

Discussion in 'Inquisitor' started by ARCHIVED-IC3D, Feb 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-IC3D Guest

Every time Exorcise in the wisdom line pulses it triggers spell autoattack. I did not notice it doing this when I played a few months ago so I can only assume that this was brought in with AoD. This makes it completely unusable as it's pulsing every few seconds and messing up a good bit of swings. Mashing macros with /autoattack 1 is not a good solution, it's barely acceptable with spells the way it is, with exorcise it's just silly.
  2. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

I was initially excited when it got changed that we'd have another viable AOE alternative even though we'd be giving up our obscene undead line.
    The 95% potency line makes it absolutely unusable in most cases.
    Either the content is so easy (at level in group or solo) that you're using a 2H with no need to heal yourself so the AOE burst from Exorcise just doesn't matter or the content that you actually need the advantange over AOE wise is at the margin that you need 1H Shield & slip a penance in whenever Divine guidance isn't up.
    Summary:
    I had optimistic hopes of this spell but when you can 'use it' you don't need it and when you would like to use it you don't because you loose DPS by having to heal yourself or your group directly since your procs/adorns/aa/whatever are nerfed to non-passive levels. Now that AOE AT is going north of 30% on gear who needs a crippling 95% potency reduction for an AOE fanatical devotion called exorcise?
    Maybe it was tuned for Clerics in Raid groups with a second healer. Who knows. I know it takes me longer to kills stuff with it since I have to heal myself so I just don't use it. Same with a 2H pulling massive rooms of lower non-DOV lvl 90 content. Which is why I'm a 1H Shield 95% of the time under any setting and use a 2H only in a group when DPSing some name that is only tank and spank with no chance of grabbing aggro for more than 5s from the tank.
    It is absolutely crazy that I never cast heals on myself to chain pull rooms of lower level content completely relying on battle dressing, mending adorns, and halcyon but if I put on exorcise I'm chain healing myself constantly.
  3. ARCHIVED-Vidar64 Guest

Its not just Exorcise that will trigger the spell auto attack. I've found other procs, such as Bolt of Power or even the DOT components from our combat arts will do the same. I've pretty much given up on using wands for now even though the one I have has some pretty good melee stats on it.
    In response to S_M_I_T_E's post, I've found Exorcise to be a worthwhile ability. For example on the last Imperator Kolskeggr (EM) fight I was in, Exorcise accounted for roughly 7% of the damage I did with 7209dps. Admittedly, there's not a lot of healing required in that fight, but still, I was number 2 on the heal parse even with the -95% potency penalty. I'm usually in a mage group so that will affect my healing decisions about Exorcise running. The combination of the heal portion of Penitent Cleansing plus Convert Ally and Alleviation even with -95% potency will easily heal the mages in my group as long as they don't die from the initial hit. Also, keep in mind that the penalty does not affect procs from gear/war-runes or spells like Inquisition any more than our bonuses do.
  4. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

For reference:
    Poster above, please don't take my commentary as defensive or personal towards you - it's really an opporutunity to show the REDs why I feel Exorcise is weak.
    My comments about exorcise was about soloing mass pulls of rooms of lower heroic 80/90 content. We needed more AOE options and exorcise looked like it was the answer. I'm saying 75% AOEAT > Exorcise and with the new gear we can get this now through reforging. DOV v2 gear should have even more to reforge allowing us to have 100% cast speed and 75% AOE AT.
    I tried it as the solo mage healer in EM x4 DOV and I found that I missed Divine Recovery just for another 8K dps (same size as fantatical devotion basically). It was also annoying to remember to de-toggle it for heal intensive fights. It was just meh for me while raiding and my mages whined for D.R. back.
    It was usuable when raiding but like I said, it must have been tuned for raiding DOV (which I agree for you it has) but as far as walking over lower level zones like rock star it is lacking which is what I wanted it for which is what the undead line allowed.
    Compared to the undead line in it's original state, exorcise is weak and at best plays a supporting role as a possible AA choice in limited portions of the game.
    I was doing 50K on trash in TOFSx2 in PQ gear with the original 'cleanse' and 'turn undead', while tanking Demedia Shemanti's (spelling) x4 skelly adds with the endline 'immunity' up since they didn't do more than 1/2 my health per hit.
    Compared to that kind of performance for something so 'meh' on all mobs, I mean why'd they bother to change it? It's like that Dire Sledge of Revelations that had 25m proc they bumped down to 5m... if it feels too good to be true it is and they'll bring it down so no one wants it.
    If they ran the SC store like they do mechanics/itemization they'd be out of business... Hey those wings are selling too fast and are too popular, lets make them uglier and let people only fly for 5s lol. I still remember when they nerfed the Sorcerer Wis line with 8% base damage to 4% if only for the reason that all the players agreed it was the 'best' choice. They still haven't fixed it back to what it was, which is what the value of an adorn now?
    I wouldn't MIND having exorcise as my 3rd endline but last time I checked they wimped out and just gave us 20 more aa and kept us at 100 spent in the Cleric tree.
    It's not so earth shattering to be worth being hobbled for just 8K DPS. I can buy a merc that does 10-20K dps and takes the detriments, fears, and stuns for me and NOT have a 95% potency heal reduction.
  5. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

Vidar64 wrote:
    There is some undocumented unintended non-ACT recorded goofyness that goes on with Mending adorn's overtrigger rate when the 95% potency is in effect.
    When I'm at 20K/45K hit points and an AOEAT or AOE CA goes off I instantly go to 45K due to mending 3 mending adorns that 'go nuts' with more encounter targets than you 'should' have. (Edit: I loved this stuff in BG pre-tough-nerf on my wiz combined with shield of the magi & enspelled vultak eye - nothing like getting 1/2 health from 8 out of power melee autoattack on you keeping two wards in synch on top of your class ward while wearing MC lol)
    Exorcise breaks this mechanics (oversight) exploit and therefore does negatively affect my passive healing capacity.
    I only get one trigger per mending adorn when an AOE goes off so I'll go from 20 to 25K hit points when exorcise is up.
    Again, maybe there shouldn't be a penalty but it breaks my 'mechanics loophole' that I've been using since mending adorns went in the game. Devs only use ACT for proof instead of their EYES and I'm telling you this one has slipped through the cracks.
  6. ARCHIVED-Calain80 Guest

Vidar64 wrote:
    Unless they fixed it in the last two weeks this in not true.
    I was wondering why my power reg was so low with Exorcise running. After doing some checks I found out, that Exorcise does reduce all procs by 95% even the ones that write, that they can not be modified. So a non modifiable 1k heal proc will only heal for 50 if Exorcise is running no matter how much potency you have, as all positive potency does not count for the proc, but the 95% negative potency do count. This makes all power and heal procs from gear almost useless with Exorcise running.
    I did /bug it, when I found out about it, but the last time I checked it wasn't fixed.
  7. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

Calberak@Valor wrote:
    Thanks for pointing this out!
    I knew I wasn't the ONLY one to get owned when Exorcise is up and all those heal procs get reduced when they shouldn't.
  8. ARCHIVED-luinnil Guest

Exorcise is pretty much only for high end raiders or backup healers, for certain. It can absolutely destroy your power, though, so you need somebody feeding you.
    Divine Recovery is mostly pointless at high end raiding, what mage/priest isn't at well over 100% cast speed fully buffed? It can help the scouts/fighters so if you're the scout group healer sure but it's so meh and for such a long reuse I could never recommend it. Even with nearly 100% reuse speed the CAs don't come back fast enough to need any recovery speed bonuses (and those aren't worth that much anyway).
    Exorcise is 5-8% of DPS on fights when you use it and largely a mage group healer does not need the potency, especially if you made yourself a Dire Sledge of Revelations and can whack yourself back up to health too.
    One thing to keep in mind is it costs you nothing to click it off if you need the healing power for some reason.
    I never get to use it personally because I always have to keep my Shield Ally spec for when we do hard enough content I'm forced to put the shield on, but I'd recommend dps group Inquisitors to have it and use it tactically.
  9. ARCHIVED-IC3D Guest

Callur@Crushbone wrote:
    Irrelevent, I used to use it in my solo spec due to lack of other aoe options, however with all this AE auto on gear now I might just drop it from my solo spec (and indeed the whole spec itself) permanently. For now though I'm only sitting at 30% ae auto so I still have a ways to go before I get reliable aoe output.
  10. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

IC3D wrote:
    I see you wanted it like I did too.
    I tried the experiement for more AOE AT- even when if you turn all cast speed into AOEAT via the reforger you can knock on ~60-80% AOE AT but you'll be kicked from 90% cast speed to 30% which in my book is a deal breaker as the punishments and detriments I cycle in become unusably slow.
    I think in DOV p2 there will be stuff with enough 'filler' stats that we can reforge to 50% AOEAT while keeping 90%+ cast speed.
    As Calberak pointed out, if the heal reduction wasn't affecting adorn VALUES and as I pointed out if it wasn't affecting the RATE, then Exorcise would be useful solo as you would still never have to cast a heal with 1-2 halcyons, 3 mendings, and a battle dressing.
    Exorcise is broken even as 'designed' and needs fixed.
  11. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

IC3D wrote:
    SK or Warlock Merc > Exorcise as reliable supplemental solo AOE output.
    I prefer the SK myself as it even takes the detriment for me and holds aggro from me.
  12. ARCHIVED-technologically Guest

Calberak@Valor wrote:
    So s_m_i_t_e turned me on to this thread from our prestiege feedback thread and I hadn't noticed this happening so I went and looked. I never noticed this happening before, but as of today it is definately not happening. I filled my health 10 times without exorcism and 10 times with, and halcyon, decent of kael, mending, and subteranian will never changed the values they landed for ever.
  13. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

Maybe it was Ninja fixed?
    I haven't checked it since I posted in this thread before.
    I'll do so soon (TM).
  14. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

Exorcise's previous detrimental effect on Halcyon and other heal based procs has been fixed.

Experiment: Lvl 70 Mentor Crypt of Valdoon
    Try 1: Exorcise ON
    Try 2: Exorcise OFF
    2 Halcyon adorns, run the trash at ~50% health so plenty of opportunity for halcyon to fully apply.
    Results: ~3700ish heal value on Halcyon with or without Exorcise on. Exorcise is now a viable solo AOE tool.

Conclusion: Exorcise was fixed and not communicated to correct community misunderstanding of its current state.
    Mechanics Team +1
    Forum Team -1
    Faith in possible Inquisition or Malevolent Diatribe Adjustment at lvl 95 or 100 via prestige lines...
    +3