Exile from someone who actually knows

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Quantum Leap, Jul 15, 2015.

1. oakmiser Well-Known Member

Hey, will we be able to-do what we do on Nagafen currently with classes? If we started with a Swashbuckler, could we go exile and then come back and switch to brig. Being a Brig on the Qeynos side as the goal.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

That's how it works now on Nagafen, and I don't think the devs are up for doing huge code changes so we should be fine.

Depending upon what race you want, you could just betray your Brig straight from FP to Q though.

Bear in mind that Q-F and F-Q are likely going to be the only ways to go; DLW normally betrays to Kelethin and vice versa, and of course Kelethin isn't in-game so they'd have to revamp the whole DLW betrayal process to connect it to FFS (and make a FFS version from scratch to betray to DLW) otherwise.
    oakmiser likes this.
  3. Kendayar Active Member

I thought all your factions got wiped when you betrayed so you could still go to Qeynos if you wanted.
  4. Peak Nagafun

This is true. I think Siren means that DLW only betrays you to Kelethin, and not to Qeynos. Since Kelethin is not in the game (nor is Gorowyn, for that matter), you can only betray using the old Qeynos/Freeport ways (picking up trash, slaughtering Buddy).
    Siren likes this.
  5. Koppar Member

Creating two pvp-servers will only result in less population in both. Which will probably kill the servers after a while, beacuse pvp need a big population to survive. So hopefully it wont come to that.
    Aquaskaientos and Tituli like this.
  6. Vemin New Member

Great news!
    Also about polls.I think it is better to do more polls or redo old ones but only for people on beta. I know there is no mail currently. But people on beta is the best audience to decide.
  7. Magic Missiles Active Member

Tea party politics don't give a $#%T about endgame
  8. Healface Active Member

I think everyone just got their faith back in this project. This is great news!

Lets focus on the last issues conserning class balance now. There must be more classes to play at launch. The activity and resubs on Dealtholl will be insane if you manage to fix this.

Hint: 3 second cast group heals/wards/reactives for clerics and shamans, should be implemented ASAP. This change was already on Nagafen, and not a single member of the community, has made any negative comments about this in the past or present. Go the thread and make some noise!
    Daarkstar, Savne and Tituli like this.
  9. GBlack Active Member

Well it makes sense. I'm glad that exiles are back but rly concerned about 2 pvp servers decision.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'll get ripped a new one for this but...

When Exile is an option on PvP, then Exile is the ONLY competitive option on PvP. Why would I ever choose Good or Evil? Also why would I ever travel in anything other than an x2 or x4 raid? How does Exile not kill solo/small group PvP?

/equip fireproof_underpants
    flameweaver likes this.
  11. Pailll New Member

Honestly thats an easy question.

For an easier more balanced newbie experience.
    Some people just prefer the safety of city alliances, faction random pvp and pve groups.
    As an exile you have almost none of that rely exclusively on your guild for everything including protection while leveling and questing.
    Some people just arent up for that all the time.
    At least now everyone has the freedom of the choice.
  12. Thinwizzy Active Member

Then go exile, you have that choice.
  13. Primaeval Active Member

Do you say that because of the the All Classes thing?

Even as someone who intends to Exile, I want the cities to have all the classes as well AND access to faction-restricted PVP gear. To me, the only factor that should influence the decision to be an Exile is FFA PVP. I am fine with that coming at the expense of the amenities offered by the cities in terms of housing, PVP gear, status merchants, etc.
  14. Kendayar Active Member

Exile is hostile to anyone not in a good enough guild to support itself completely. Even at the height of PvP, most players were in a faction.
  15. Fetish Well-Known Member

Have you ever been to Haven? ...nasty, smelly, with hobos hanging out and pooping in the corners of the caves.

But the answer is pretty simple, you would choose Q or Freep as you have the comforts of a city if that pleases you. It may sound lame, but it is serious. Haven is a hard life. You do need to x2 or x4...but it is out of necessity. As for the competitive part...this time the PvP server will be a whole different animal. Assuming that they are leaving in the betrayal system as it is on live, then Exile won't have an inherent PvE advantage for raiding... On the old red servers, that was added after guilds had gone Exile for the "all classes" advantage. Freeport and Qeynos guilds will be on level ground from the get go, actually at an advantage as they won't have their own faction able to attack them. Exile is the only faction that has 3 enemy factions.
  16. Fetish Well-Known Member

On a related note...who else is Exiling right away at level 10?
    Siren likes this.
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

I wasn't really thinking about All Classes or class restrictions. I was thinking of, if you have Goods and Evils out there, then it will typically be small groups or maybe x2's. With Exile, it's "Everybody Group Now!" and always going to be the largest possible raid that the zone can support. When everyone can group, it makes solo/duo/small groups very unlikely to succeed.

It seems to me that with Exile, everyone has nuclear weapons. With Good and Evil, the arms are smaller and the fights more interesting. But WTF do I know. :)
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

Boo!

Exiles don't fall under zone level restrictions (8 level range for PvP etc.), meaning anyone of any level (even capped) who is a Qeynosian or a Freeporter can whack them down dead on sight. So say there's a L29 Exile somewhere, and, for example, a level 63 Qeynosian or Freeporter wanders on by, that Q or F can one-shot the L29 Exile. But Exiles are restricted to killing Qs and Fs that are only within 8 levels of themselves, just like Qs versus Fs are restricted to doing to each other normally. I hope that made sense, I haven't had my tea yet. :p

Exiles can also kill each other whenever they feel like it. Qs can't fight their own faction nor can Fs-- only each other (and Exiles). Some people would rather stick to a faction where they're on "Team A" and the enemy is "Team B and Team C" period.

Exiles are also stuck in Haven, which if you've ever been there is severely restricted (broker fees etc.) compared to Q and F.

I usually play some of each. You could always try them all, Feldon. No one is going to tow away your car or kick you out of your home for losing a PvP fight after all.

*slowly waves a pocket watch dangling off a chain back and forth, back and forth in front of Feldon*

"You are getting sleeepy....verrrrry sleeepy...You walk slowly into the light...then stealth up and charge forward, daggers glinting in the sun..."
    Deadlyne likes this.
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

20. Peak Nagafun

That wasn't always a guaranteed thing on Nagafen. When I was in Onyx, we pretty much killed the other guilds that were in Exile as well. There are a few exceptions to that, but for most of the time I was in Exile, we pretty much grouped within the guild and killed everyone else. Didn't raid up for PVP all that often.
    Naroc likes this.