Examining hate through the lens of an EQ1 tanking guide

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Semperfifofum, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Azian Well-Known Member

From very, very old discussions on this issue I had always been of the understanding that the transfers take place BEFORE any personal modifiers. In other words, a dps having -50 hate would not change the amount of hate being siphoned off by Amends. That was years ago though.
  2. Flatline Well-Known Member

So unless its been changed again! this isnt the case currently, from a PM convo i had with Kander back in 2015, about this he stated

SO if youre lowering the DPS threat via fx. a trouby, the transfer will be lowered AS well, and adorning for hatemod would actually make Amends and transfers Higher, but would also increase the risk of their personal hate tipping over so to speak.
    Semperfifofum and Azian like this.
  3. Azian Well-Known Member

Awesome. Very good to know.
  4. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Because people often assume you're a raider when you're not (or they forget), let me reiterate again that I'm not. I top out at heroics at this point in time. With that said, it "should" be attainable to get the Collection Necklace you mentioned. So I looked into it:

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2184163809

Am I missing something or is there no Fervour on that? Is the page missing some info? Or maybe it changed later, but raiders haven't noticed because they have a better necklace already? It's a very nice necklace that would be an upgrade for me, but I just wanted to be sure that was the necklace you were talking about.

Other questions:

duck helm - since you mention ToT I assume this is some kind of duck portal thing? All I see is a lot of rumors. I got a burnt key (on an alt, alas, it is not heirloom). Information on that is scarce and unlikely to find me before the next expac this winter, or before my alt is even Heroic tier 1 worthy. Planned obsolescence can be very relaxing (or procrastination producing, depending on your view of it). :rolleyes:

Cloak adorn -- ? wouldn't know where to look, unless you mean the new trios of adorns made from Epic 2.0 crafting questline? Probably not, since you specify the purple adorn trios later.

Belt from Roost looks just possible if you mean : http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fabled_Scornfeather_Roost

Offhand - Well surely you don't mean this one: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Hardened_Censer_of_Confinement
    ... because that one doesn't have a fervor proc (unless I missed it, it's pretty wordy but i was careful to read it). I have that one.

Don't know the first thing about PG's but I'm not writing them off. It's just that so much bad press has occurred that I gave it some time to settle down. Will likely try that when I wake up later today. Need a few more cups of java first.

I appreciate the list, having come back a few months ago, I was a bit lost. Thanks.
  5. Fairin Active Member

Collection neck = upgraded at elf city vendor
    duck helm - tot duck portal. rewards a helm with 3 fervor on it - spawned by killing mobs in zone just like the burnt key

cloak adorn - is http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/108506327 and will be out dated in a month - drops (friggin rarely) off of cheldrak in the mara raids alongside roost - antechamber of fate - just need 4 people(one of each archetype) with 375 (after buffs) resolve to win - yer average expert group would trounce this so badly.

offhand is http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1562190621 or its equivalents everyone should get via questing

belt is http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2119261472 which you have to kill the boss 4 times to get 4 of the same belt to combine into one, outdated here in 2 months. - the trick is to remain in the center of the room as standing on the outside edge makes you dead. bring your own mana restores

all of these fervor items do not require a raiding guild to aquire just friends.

infact before t4 raiding the only thing worth getting out of raids is a chestpiece + charm + maybe a wrist if they would drop. everything else is causal and better. the jump to t4 raid quality loot however is astounding.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  6. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Thank you :) Isn't that always the way? Back when... it was Plane of War that gave the massive jump, and I doubt that play model will be ended in EQ2. I accept it as the way things are. And it's good to know there is more depth to a game, even if I am not partaking in it.

I think I got the duck portal item in ToT, but alas, again on an alt (looks like a gingerbread man, and says it is some kind of doll? and it's ethereal). This time it's my warden who is perhaps my least geared level 100, but does have an ascension class. I tried to keep up with 4 ascended alts, but it was boggling, so I'm thinking to focus on two at a time and let the others max out at 50 guided asc scrolls. He's in the max out category I'm afraid. But I've been working toward the Triumph with my SK so with any luck, he'll get one too.

So much to do, but that's the point, eh?

Ohhhhh I just had a naughty thought. That necklace is saleable, could be a significant speedup to my gearing if I find one at any price on the broker.
  7. Fairin Active Member

duck portal is literately a portal to a land of ducks in ToT =) theres videos of it on youtube im sure. the helm has some sort of silly duck related name. - i never got one i didnt play during ToT i happened to get the better one from chel for 500k pp XD such a steal with how rare it is

you have to complete the collection yourself in order to upgrade the kunark necklace.

back in DoV you did heroics to get into raid gear. 96 stat armor to get up to the 114's in raid. which progressed upwards and upwards. never did i replace 95% of my gear with heroic gear cause its simply better than what we've been fed in raids.

in current expansion outside of t4 raiding and select few(rare!) pieces of gear - you got heroic 1k potency jewlery.. or raid 600 to 800pot. . and now expert 1200 pot >< but jumping to t4 is 2k+ XD theres no middle value gear at all to be balanced raid jewlery would have to suddenly double in potency to be remotely good compared >< risk vs reward i guess ? much harder to get an expert run than a raid? lol....
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  8. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I appreciate all the insights, everyone. I did finally get through the Thallumbra sig line and got the shield, etc. Which allowed me to buy a relic ring and equip it (with the hydra helm). I'm feeling more buff now. :)

I did buy the necklace on the broker for a million plat! Ouch! But even without the upgradeability, it is a huge improvement. I admit I was disappointed I couldn't upgrade it, but whatever, still a big buff.

I probably won't get much chance to try it for a few weeks though. I've been waiting for Tinkerfest with tapping feet for a month. See you there!