Exactly how much does 4 points get you....

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-CPronger44, Mar 21, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-CPronger44 Guest

...in the agility line buff that decreases casting times? I see the first point is 1.3%, what's the value on the 4th point?
  2. ARCHIVED-myriick Guest

does it really matter any % is better than no % why i am going down that path into the movement part now
  3. ARCHIVED-Zarquon Guest

If it follows the threat reduction progression (which starts at 1.3%) then it will be 5%. 1.3% = 1.25% rounded up. So the progression is: 1.3, 2.5, 3.7, 5.0, 6.3, 7.5, 8.7, 10.
  4. ARCHIVED-CPronger44 Guest

Hell yes it matters, especially if the movement speed buff is all you want. That comes before the casting time decreasing ability in the tree.
    If 10% is all you get for 8 points, that's not too hot.
  5. ARCHIVED-myriick Guest

well i am going all the way down the tree but to me any decrease in my cast times is better than none at all no matter what the %
  6. ARCHIVED-CPronger44 Guest

It's only better than none at all if you are planning on going past that ability on the tree anyway. Otherwise, the points are better off somewhere else. It's a tough call for me. I really wish someone that has specced all the way down the tree would post what the actual increases are for that skill and the decreased recast timer skill.
    I was only planning on putting 4 points in there anyway and if that is only going to give me a 5% decrease, that's not worth it. I play on a PvP server so being able to cast Null Absolution in 3.8 seconds instead of 4.0 seconds doesn't do much for me. The str and stam lines are looking more attractive all the time. Stamina looks like a really sweet line for PvP. Always on damage shield, higher physical mitigation and more focus are all things that would benefit me greatly. Manashield is very nice as well.
  7. ARCHIVED-myriick Guest

well i just got my second point into the movement so once i get started into cast reduction i will start posting actual numbers
  8. ARCHIVED-CPronger44 Guest

Hurry up! hehe

Please post the movement speed increases too if you would.
  9. ARCHIVED-Ibunubi Guest

It's just as Zarquon posted a bit up. I've had the 12% Recast reduction for a while now. Four points in each of those ranks, and 5% Run speed and 5% Cast reduction.

5% Run Speed -- It's always up, but does not seem to stack with any speed buff.

5% Cast Time reduction -- My 2 second spells are now 1.9. My 1 second spells are now 0.9 .

12% Recast Time Reduction -- Still debating how much I like it, leaning more in the direction of Liking it. It's rather nice to have everything reduced -- AAs, Items, Spells are all reduced.
  10. ARCHIVED-CPronger44 Guest

Yeah, the recast timer reduction is nice because it can stack with the familiar (I assume it stacks) that does the same thing. The casting time reduction is weak though and will probably preclude me from going past the run speed buff.
  11. ARCHIVED-myriick Guest

second one is 2% :p third is 3 i think will double check tonight
  12. ARCHIVED-myriick Guest

econd movement is 2.5 third is 3.7 4th is 5%
  13. ARCHIVED-myriick Guest

first cast reduxtion is 1.3 shaves 1/10th % off devesation takes it down to 3.9 sec woot lol
    Message Edited by myriick on 03-30-200602:50 PM