evil character, prestige house, change to good ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Does the entrance portal move to the new city ? ( Freeport to Qeynos )

Or do I have to put up portals in an Inn room, etc. in Gorowyn to get to the prestige house in Freeport after the alignment change ?

This is for a different character than the one in the first post I made about changing alignment. I plan on getting the 50 loyalty betrayal token for this second character as well.

Thanks.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara2 like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The portal does not change when you change alignment. If you claimed the house as a good alignment, the portal remains in Qeynos. So you will need to make a portal house or I simply put portals in the evil houses to the good houses and portals in the good houses to the evil houses. Its really nice if you do create a guild, because you can get an amenity that allows you to click on it and teleport to any house you have access to without finding the portal object or going through your housing list on your character sheet, you just click the big blue sparkly thing and the list is there in front of you!!
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Do you have a lot of stuff in the house? You could always relinquish the house in the old city and get it again (at no new charge) in the new city.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Checking the saved layout, there are 8 items in the Mistmoore prestige house. And 12 items in the dojo. Also has a Deepwater retreat, but I don't remember there being much in there either.

I could just pack everything up, then change alignment. Go to the new city, and get the house there ?
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

From the wiki at: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Housing

Relinquishing the Ownership of a HouseEdit

Prior to 2011 players could only own one house per character. To allow players to move from one house to a new house, they had to relinquish the one they currently owned.
    Even with a 25 house ownership limit per charcater, there may be occasions when you want to relinquish a house in Freeport to buy one in Qeynos or vice versa. For example, perhaps you roleplay and your once goodie-two-shoes high elf is now a ardent fan of the Overlord, so she wants to pack up and leave Qeynos forever!
    • With the addition of multiple house ownership on each character, this is no longer necessary when you want to move if you unless you've reached the max of 25 homes and want to give up a standard house so you can buy something completely new.
    • You are the only one who can relinquish a house owned by one of your characters and you must be logged in as the character who owns the house to do so.
    • If it is a prestige house you will not get a deed back, which means you can not transfer a deed to another character on your account.
    • Once a deed is used it's permanently bound to the character that used it, but you can go to the Qeynos/Freeport Housing Portal, select that same house and click to BUY it (which costs zero coin)
    Steps to Relinquish House OwnershipEdit

You can relinquish ownership by doing the following:

Go to the (outside) front door and right-clicking on it
    Select Move Items, then select another house you own to send this house's contents to. This will change the "Move Items" button into the "Relinquish House" button.
    Click on the Relinquish House button.
    The previous step will open a new window in which you must type the name of the character who owns the house to finish.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, so after change alignment I just go to Qeynos and enter the prestige house there. Got it.

I'm no where near the 25 limit. Not yet anyway.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You have to have a house to move the moving crate to while you go to the other city and rebuy the prestige house on that cities housing portal, an inn room or anything. When I did this, I bought an el cheapo inn room and had nothing in it, and named it Moving Crate, then relinquished the prestige house and sent the moving crate to the inn room which I named Moving Crate, then I repurchased the prestige house, and relinquished the inn room and sent the moving crate to the prestige house then loaded the layout in the prestige house, worked like a charm.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

[quoting]

Once a deed is used it's permanently bound to the character that used it, but you can go to the Qeynos/Freeport Housing Portal, select that same house and click to BUY it (which costs zero coin)

[ end of quoting]

Thats what I refer to. From that, I get that once my character changes alignment, I just go to Qeynos, and buy the house there ?

I think it means I don't have to move anything. My character can just no longer go to Freeport.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara2 like this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

Select Move Items, then select another house you own to send this house's contents to. This will change the "Move Items" button into the "Relinquish House" button.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

1) I think it would be easier to just box every thing up. Put it in my character's inventory.

2) go outside Freeport and change alignment

3) go to Qeynos, get new no copper house, go in, unbox. Load house settings.

What do you think ?
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yes, if you don't have very many items it would probably a lot easier that way just pick everything up in your bags and go. :)
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, yeah, not much on that character for house items. Have to keep working at the loyalty tokens.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You will still have to relinquish the house in Freeport, before you can repurchase it in Qeynos.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

No problem. It was in a bad neighborhood.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

[whispers ] 48...

Sine the Kerran moved to Gorowyn, I thnk I'll let him be for the time being, and move my dark elf to Qeynos after the change of alignment.

Should I pop for elf/half-elf for the dark elf ?

She is a Fury, no deity.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

After I bought the Betrayal Token, I check my dojo and 2 prestige houses on the evil Fury.

All 3 had 'Relinquish' available. So I relinquished them, took the portal out to the Spire in Antonica.

Used Betrayal. It asked me if I wanted to change to Qeynos, clicked on that. Fury or converey to warden ? I selected stay fury.

chat window said good places the character's standing got better, for evil places standing got worse.

A Lt.-Captain saluted my character as I approached the Qeynos gate.

Got to the house portal in Qeynos and got all 3 back.

Sort of decorating as we speak.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Today when I went to Qeynos, some of the guard canines looked at my character suspiciously.

A no name NPC said Tier'dal's weren't trust worthy. Various guards had stopped saluting my character.

So I spent money I probably shouldn't have an converted the dark elf to a half-elf. All if nice now, guards salute, same no name NPC now compliments my character. Eeeew.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I wish I had seen this earlier. I would have told you to save your money as I think if you do faction quests with the city guard, over time they would begin saluting you again.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I just want to game. I converted tghe character to good, that should, in my humble opinion, be enough... but it wasn't.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the other evil character, he is a Kerran.