EverQuestII Complete Collection discs

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Farensoth, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Farensoth New Member

I own the collection, but do I need to install the game via "that method" or.. is everything just given now digitally? I upgraded my PC to literally almost an entirely new PC, and really want to get back into EQ2 - and I want to do it the right way. What I mean is I don't want to be locked out of anything I own if the launcher doesn't recognize my account owns certain packs et cetera. :) Thanks in advance!
  2. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

Any former disc can install the portion(s) on said disc/s. The launcher should dl the latest launcher version. If not, dl the new launcher after installing the discs. It should detect the prior install, patch,replace, and download needed files. If any issues, go into launcher settings and scan files.

Ps...launcher downloads everything, including Kunark Ascending, regardless of what you own. Your account is flagged for at least AoM, or ToT if you bought it but not KA, or KA. Free players play up to AoM and the new Zek. Age of Discovery features are now sold a la carte if not purchased prior. KA includes ToT and the mercenary feature.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

4. Farensoth New Member

Hmm, okay. I'll give it a shot! Also, I see EQ2 is on Steam.. should I do it that way, or through the legit SOE/Daybreak launcher? Sorry, a lot of idiotic questions. :)
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Avoid the steam side, just use the proper DBG launcher.
    Finora likes this.
  6. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Steam is only useful in case you want to see how many hours did you spend in game in total.
  7. Steelviper Active Member

And you can see that information anyway in your Character screen, on the right side where the stats are shown, if you scroll down to the bottom - default UI. Or type /play in game chat for total time spent for that particular toon.
  8. Svenone Well-Known Member

I would avoid installing the game from the discs because a large portion of the game will be patched/replaced anyway. (I tried this the last time I needed to reinstall the game. Honestly don't think I saved any time, and may have caused some problems that I encountered during the install.) Also, the discs probably still have the old launcher and may not even work anymore anyway. Better to get a clean new install from the web.
    Finora and Kuulei like this.
  9. Farensoth New Member

Ok, cool! Thanks guys. Yeahhh wouldn't matter anyway, with my new hardware install and new Win10 OS install, my dvd-rom won't launch for install discs... it can recognize audio discs, but game discs just lock up the drive. =\