EverQuest2Scout.com -- Announcing a new community site!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Ewil, Dec 3, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Ewil Guest

Following the -HUGE- success of EverQuest 2 Priest and EverQuest 2 Information, I've now launched
    EverQuest 2 Scout (.com)

I hope that EverQuest 2 Scout can be a place for members of the scout-classes to
    share tactics and guides, to discuss combat arts and gear, and much more!

On EverQuest 2 Priest we already have 900 active members who write great article and can answer
    pretty much any question. We will strive to make EverQuest 2 Scout an equally good community.

NB! We need moderators. If you're a scout sub-class with some spare time, please contact me.

Sizee of EverQuest 2 Mafia
    EverQuest 2 Priest
    EverQuest 2 Information
    And now also: EverQuest 2 Scout !
  2. ARCHIVED-Tanga Nuska Guest

Gotta love the IGE ads on your pages, way to go to build a community ...
  3. ARCHIVED-Ewil Guest

They pay for some of the hosting, not all.
    The alternative was to continue paying 200$ every month with my own money :)
  4. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Not bad, though the scout board looks way to blah. All that white reminds me of a mental room hehe @_@
  5. ARCHIVED-Ewil Guest

Haha, good description!

I'll try to find another theme.
  6. ARCHIVED-Fahorrn Guest

Hi there,
    On a bit of an OT; your Templar spell list on EQ2i is completely wrong. Looks like a Mystics spell list but I'm not sure.

If you ever have hosting problems let me know - I can easily fix you up with something.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tanga Nuska Guest

Not to tell you how to run your site or anything, but here are a couple thoughts:
    Of course the sale (illegal, as in in violation of EULA) of virtual property will go on no matter whether you display the ads or not. However, and in my opinion which you may or may not share, it is part of the responsibility of community sites to try and maintain game balance, and thus promoting IGE should be out of the question.
    I am not sure why you pay $200 a month for hosting. I pay $24.95 for 100GB traffic and 5GB storage, and I am already at the high end of hosting providers, but in return I get 99.999999% uptime, backups, and hosting at an ATM backbone.
    From experience I have with another community site I run, other than Butcherblock Daily that is, I can say that if you are not in the business of making profit (and I can't tell whether you are, but let's just assume you are not), then disclosing costs will help offset them. I have done that on my site, and never ever had a problem to raise hosting costs through paypal donations.
    In closing, and again, just stating my opinion, I am not going to return to a site that displays IGE ads. It may be a futile attempt to stem the flow of purchased plat, but at least I can honestly say that I did my part, however small it may be.