Everquest Next Iksar concept art shown.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Cube, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Cube Active Member

Everquest Next Iksar concept art shown. says it all.

What do people think? What one do most think is right for the new Iksar? What do people want to look like?

I already posted pretty much what I thought on the everquest next board so not doing it again...I like all of them in some way.

here is 2 of them

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

I like them truth be told. In terms of body types I prefer versions: 8, 10 and 15 personally. For heads I like the direction of 6, 10, 11 and 8. This defenitly solves one qualm I have had with EQN, I feared not being able to be my lizards.
    ManKid and Cube like this.
  3. ManKid New Member

I don't normally weigh into forum discussions but this topic has me captivated. My favourite EQ2 character is my Iksar Monk and some of these sketches look so much like him, namely 5a and 12b. I am so looking forward to recreating him in EQN!

Having said that, i would love to see a wide variety of body and head styles for sake of individuality and also being able to fit people's varying ideals of how classes should look eg:

The hunched bodys of 3, 6 & 13, can convey a feeling of power, burden, corruption, perfect for dark mages, humble old healers, lumbering tanks and even lurking asassins.

The slinky bodies of 1, 4 & 14, convey the sense of light, nimble, perhaps even frailty of a powerful mage, or svelt scout and even just a young character not quite yet a fully grown man.

Finally the staunch heroic bodies like 5, 7, 8, 10, 11 & 15, convey health, vitality, virtue. A great fit for a strong fighter or fit scout class and even a healthy healer.

As far as heads go, i'd like to see a variety here too for all the same reasons as the ones above, thick solid head 5, for a hardy tank, blunt nosed head 3, for a stubborn fighter, slender head 2, for a gentle healer, head 4 for a corrupted necromancer, spikey head 8 or 9, for a powerful warlock or dangerous scout, etc.

Whatever the results, i'm loving the art so far and am looking forward to rolling an iksar in EQN! :)
    Cube, Juraviel and Estred like this.
  4. Cube Active Member

I find some of the other ones to be more slightly more "attractive" maybe but I do not think they fit the mold of what an Iksar is based on past artwork. they stray to far off from the old Iksar artwork that has been around for years.

body 11 and 15 look more like the Iksar I played with and remember seeing the most. 15 looks like a shadowknight Iksar 11 looks like a slightly smaller version.

I think they should use all the designs in some lizard or dinosaur themed area though as NPCs. Maybe they should all be used as all types of Iksar but, they would have to rig armor and what ever for every single one. so I do not see it happening they would pick one or two and use any other as NPCs that only wear one type of clothes.
  5. Juraviel Active Member

Very nice! I've always liked the Iksar race and just recently started a new "alt-to-be-main" that happens to be an Iksar Guardian. I like all of the concept art that I have seen so far. Looking forward to them in EQN!
  6. Cube Active Member

You know I like number 7 a lot and there is a reason for that I have played around with a model style like that before..

[IMG]

Do I think its right for a everquest iskar.. prob not but I would not be against it.
  7. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

They look far less cartoony than the human/elf images for eqn do! So in that sense, thumbs up.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Killer Croc.
  9. Vlahkmaak Active Member

Much better art on the Iksar than on the humans, Ogre, and Kerra imo.

Heads 2,3,8,9 stand out but all are interesting and would make great appearance selections - 4 is a stand out for looking different.

Body types 1,2, 7, 11,an 15 but all are interesting. All body types are acceptable and non cartoony so far. +1 in my world view.

Now, show us the Trolls!
  10. Zeoni Member

I like 5, 7,8 and 15 in body
    1,2,4,6 and 11 in Face
    but they do all look good.
  11. Cube Active Member

I dont know who that is. The crocdile I hold all crocodile standards to is this one. he is the gold standard of all crocodiles.

[IMG]
    Rhodris likes this.
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

I... lol. That's really all I can say.
  13. Cube Active Member

Yes he is the most adorable/attractive crocodile ever created by mankind he leaves people speechless. he is the first thing that pops in my mind when anybody says the word crocodile.

if sony wants to make a race of crocodiles like this for super elite accounts I will pay them $1000 to use it.

/[IMG]

And nintendo can make yoshi island the MMO.

[IMG]
    aspekx likes this.
  14. Vlahkmaak Active Member

OMG - DO NOT post pictures like that: They just might add it to their Pixar collection for toon development.
  15. aspekx Well-Known Member

i really like them.

and i hope for April 1st SOE launches a whole slough of fake caricatures based on characters like Yoshi.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  16. Cube Active Member

I am detecting hostility towards the great animal mascot platforming heros of the 90's and maybe kingdom hearts and the disney afternoon from people that like everquest.
  17. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

That would be awesome. Eqn: chibi style.
    aspekx likes this.
  18. GabenBison Active Member

I actually like some of these concept arts. I rather have an Iksar with its own separate skeletal animations. Compared to the EQ1/EQ2 Iksars which both use a humanoid skeleton model.