Everquest Next Beta Signup is Live this not a Drill!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Elestria, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Wimble Active Member

I'm excited be EQN and would like to Beta it. As an EU player, I would like a definitive statement regarding whether I have to 'give up' my long standing US account and 'start again' with the PSSI(?) EU set up. Like the other players I have tried many times to sign up to US beta but have no idea whether or not I was successful.

I cant hep feeling short changed if I'm expected to give up my account and start from scratch, as it were.
  2. Belissa Active Member

Wimble likes this.
  3. Regolas Well-Known Member

They've restricted it based on ip address also, very simple and fundamentally wrong.

My accounts are registered in Australia but I'm on vacation in Europe for three weeks, and I can't sign up for beta using my SOE account because the ip I am using is in Europe.

Hopefully I can sign up still when I return home in a week, but if, as they promised, that people in the EU with SOE accounts can use their SOE accounts for SOE games, they shouldn't have these restrictions
  4. firestorck Member

In some ways EQ1 the halflings used to look like buoy posts aka blocks of wood until the person got the SoL expan.
    Even then, there are some things that look cartoony in EQ2 here. Or haven't you noticed......
  5. Jeronas Member

Don´t bother. I finally managed to bypass the US / EU ******** with a VPN, but now I get the message they no longer accept new application, because the Beta is FULL!!!!! :-(
  6. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

REGISTRATION FAILED

Sorry, there was an error in the registration process.

30+ minutes, all three of my accounts.
  7. Trevynoae Member

They even confirmed that via twitter about an hour ago:
    https://twitter.com/everquest_next/status/364123016151564289

so ... well ... that's it with EQNext then it seems. Not going to pay two different companies for the games I play, not willing to stock up SC with two companies.
    And not willing to take the security risk that is Pro7 ... these days obviously folks who stole account info started to try to take over game-accounts again. Luckily I have all my soe accounts secured with a KeyFob - something that Pro7 is not able to offer.

Wirewhisker and Pariel like this.
  8. Pariel Active Member

I'm with Trevynoae.. if I can't play on my SOE acct then I wont be playing. Only a fool would sign up with PSS1 judging from their history, DCUO, their website (grammar!!) and their customer service, well complete lack of.
    flameweaver and Wirewhisker like this.
  9. Tabri Well-Known Member

Dave Georgson told a questioner he has a petition in his inbox a mile long regarding Pro whatever its name is with complaints at the Q&A for EQNext at SOELive, he said they are going to do something about it but he didnt say what. SOE really just needs to let everyone log whatever servers they want and all log in to the same game from the same login screen I dont get why they did that with people anyway its stupid and Im sure has caused a massive loss of revenue for them.
    flameweaver likes this.
  10. Xaviour_Nagafen New Member

Looks bad. What a shame. Could have taken the "realistic" character / world models from EQ2 and made an truely awesome new-gen MMO. Instead we get an enhanced version of world of warcraft. Wasn't the purpose of playing eq2, to stay away from the carebears so the fan base could play an adult oriented MMO full of immersion? Now you're making a world of warcraft / diablo 3 hybrid? lmao... ugh.
  11. TheStoryteller01 New Member

I've been playing EQ and EQ2 for over 10 years with my US Account and the sign up process allready did it for me regarding EQN.

Online companies nowadays tend to split up the globe and give regions to "local contractors" while securing that everyone is registering and playing according to their IP.

I am simply not "obeying" any company who is unable or unwilling to take care of their buisness worlwide and therefore dictates the requirements under which you are "allowed" to play the game. Not that my decision will hurt or teach anyone, but there are so many games out there, it wont hurt me either }: )