Everquest Next Beta Signup is Live this not a Drill!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Elestria, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I hate to suggest this, but ever consider that lower detail on graphics = less lag?
  2. Lempo Well-Known Member

It is a good thing that you hate to suggest that, because quite frankly you don't know what you are talking about, so maybe that will prevent from continuing to do so. Lag has nothing to do with graphic detail. EQ2 does not take advantage of hardly any of the most basic graphic acceleration capabilities available in even the cheapest, on board video cards.
    The lag you speak of is a network issue, it may very well be because of the games combat engine on the server side, or it could be because the network simply can't handle it server side or client side. One thing is for sure these cheap looking, low grade cartoonish characters which btw do not require any fewer polygons that realistic models would require.

Please don't try to engage in a discussion about lag, you simply are not prepared for it.
  3. Liral Active Member

Gotta admit from the stuff i saw at MMORPG the graphics will likely be a HUGE turnoff for me. Guess I'll have to stick with EQ2
    Ragna and Lempo like this.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Exactly...therefore it must be processed by your CPU. As must everything else going on. So how would more graphic rendering dumped on the same processor not create additional load?

Edit: Speaking from the experience of trying to go through Freeport and hitting 1 FPS everytime another player runs past and needs to be rendered.
  5. Lempo Well-Known Member

/boggle

The EQ Next engine will most definitely be using advanced GPU features, the latest procesors and chipsets support these features without impacting CPU performace beccause they have on board GPU's as well.
    Wurm likes this.
  6. Lamatu Active Member

Xelgad: Beta is September 15th. Expansion launches October 15th

From the EQ2Wire blog of the Itemization panel.
  7. Ahlana Active Member

That is about EQ2's next expac not EQN
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

OK after lecturing me on how EQ2 doesn't use the graphics cards you now /boggle and lecture me on how EQNext does?
  9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Right now you can log into beta and get a teaser. My Channeler is level 9.
  10. Lempo Well-Known Member

I'm not going to argue that point with you, I just know that it does.
    There was a reson that EQ2 didn't though when it was designed graphic accelerators were virtually non existent in the consumer market, and the workstation cards that had those capabilities were far too expensive and those capabilites were not as much about supporting textures as they were were vector based drawings. It is also much like EQ2 not supporting multi-core CPU's, it was not an option at the time, CPU core speed was the choice, the engine was designed around that, the amount of $ to do a rework was too cost prohibitive this has been dicussed 1,000,001 times now.
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

That website is unlike most of the sony sites...when you go to sign up soe.com is not in the path. After being involved in the hacks a couple years ago I won't give login info to anything without some indication in the url that it really IS SoE. They should run the beta sign up through the main site.
  12. Lempo Well-Known Member

Well I can't fault you for that, but it is the official site, just poorly planned execution.
    The security certificate doesn't have them in there either, but it is the official site a check of the everquestnext.com whois records shows Admin Email: neteng@soe.sony.com in the administrative contacts and other SOE info.

13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I've gotten an email inviting me to apply for the beta. Too tired to track it's IP trail to source right now but I will tomorrow. You do know that Beta is when the phishers come out.
  14. firestorck Member

thing is, is this the beta testing for Tears of Veeshan or a later update or expansion?
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

It's an SoE LIVE demonstration of Tears of Veeshan that will shut down Sunday afternoon.
    Edit: It just happens to be hosted on the beta server.

Edit2...The emails I have no idea but right now you can test out things by switching your server realm (upper left corner) to Beta. I was replying in another thread and didn't pay attention when switching back to this one.
  16. Araleth New Member

I agree 100%. I was completely baffled at this crap graphics they are going with. Sorry, but cartoony is not EQ. I want realism, I want grit, dirt, sweat, and blood. I was all excited and ready to sign up for beta, but not even going to go there now.

I am signed up on ESO beta, since those graphics are what it should be like. Guess that will be my next MMORPG. Too bad too, I was so looking forward to EQN. :(
  17. Lempo Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure the were never gonna go with realistic type blood/bleeding because of ESRB ratings, I could live without that, though I would rather it be there, I personally don't want to be playing with people under 17 anyway.
    I signed up for the beta, gotta at least give it a chance, I have really been looking forward to this, so we shall see.
  18. Lempo Well-Known Member

If you examine the digital certificate for everquestnext.com you should be able to ease your mind.

CN = *.everquestnext.com
    OU = sony online entertainment
    O = Sony Online Entertainment LLC
    L = San Diego
    S = California
    C = US

This is a DigiCert High Assurance CA-3 certificate.
    Obtaining these at a minimum requires validation of the business credentials that are provided (the items listed above) through multiple processes, Dunn and Bradstreet information, address verification, phone verification and probably even more stringent details with a CA-3 the items I listed were what I am required to do every year for our companies Extended Validation certificate.

SOE dropped the ball here though, it should go through station.soe.com, it probably will when it goes live, my guess is this is because this is platform's job and the EQ next project has had a high level of secrecy even internally at SOE.
  19. Mae- Well-Known Member

Funny, I feel like the lone fish because I found the new models great. I'm neither a child or a girly girl, but I feel that tho they are obviously cartoony, its a freaking video game. I liked the overall look and feel of the world, the models, and the animations. I just wish they would have shown all the races. There are no apparent halflings in anything I've seen.
  20. Kinya Active Member

Is anyone from Europe able to sign up for SOE EQNext Beta? Every time I try it redirects me to P7S1 page which is also broken (I can't use existing account to sign up)