Everquest landmark?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gosna, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Gosna New Member

Sorry to post this but info seems to be sporadic so I came here.
    Many years ago I bought a game called landmark here, 100 bucks, shortly after I was in a major industrial accident and have been in and out of medically induced comas while my brain and body recover.
    I'm fully recovered and home, and recently built a new gaming rig and I'm trying to get back into the games at the time I was into, to help my mental recovery.
    I distinctly remember being very excited for this title, what has happened to it and why can I not download a game I paid so much for?
    Feara likes this.
  2. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you have recovered. Alas, the same cannot be said for Landmark. Been gone since 2017.
    Siren and Feara like this.
  3. Gosna New Member

Ahh that sucks, but kinda common, but do they still have the download somewhere? I would at least like to experience the game I paid for, even if I can't play with others, just seeing where it left off would be enjoyable for how much I paid.
    I very much appreciate the info given so far.
    Feara likes this.
  4. Feara Well-Known Member

You’ve been thru the ringer. Glad you made it and recovered.
    Nice on the new gaming rig. That’s going to be a whole lotta fun.
    I can’t say much to Landmark outside of a Guildmate that was super crushed when it didn’t work out.
    I hope you give EQ2 a spin before you go but no matter what you play, play it like you own it!
    Aenvar likes this.
  5. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Oh, the installer stopped working a very long time ago. Even if you still had a proper installation of the game files somewhere, the game would no longer launch. Everything related to this game has been shut down, nobody can play it anymore. There's still a small Steam community mourning its loss. It's not a happy place.
    Geroblue and Feara like this.
  6. Jrox Well-Known Member

Bers, when you gonna shave girl, getting kinda long isn't it? :p
  7. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Glad to hear your health is doing better. I hope the future is smooth sailing.

Landmark was only ever a cash grab in the failed attempt to create EverQuest Next.
    Anyone who purchased anything relating to Landmark got hosed.
    They left Landmark up to languish for just long enough to make sure they wouldn't have to refund anyone.

The good news is there are plenty of awesome games on the market, so you are going to have a great time regardless.

Happy gaming!
    Geroblue likes this.
  8. Altho Well-Known Member

You should try some open world survival craft games on steam if you like building bases with an element of danger
    Feara likes this.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, neither Landmark or Everquest Next ever really released. They gave up on Next and rolled some of it into Landmark then proceeded to do apparently everything in their power to make sure it died too.

Sadly the only thing many of us had at the end was a flag house item we could claim in EQ2 (maybe something similar in EQ1)
    That might not even still be in the /claim.

Wish I had better news for you at this point.
  10. RubyHOF Member

Yeah and it all seemed to happen around the time that the properties were being sold to a new buyer...
  11. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I think those are on the marketplace for free, or maybe it's the loyalty merchant.
    Finora likes this.
  12. AngryConjy Active Member

I would like to have them reimburse me for the 100 dollars I spent on Landmark also.
  13. Snowmoon Member

I still miss Landmark. All I have left is a faded t-shirt, a few screenshots, and those flags in one of my EQ2 houses.

Never doing something like that again.
    Iludiin likes this.