Everquest II Videos

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ARCHIVED-Sinkatze, Jan 12, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Sinkatze Guest

Last Update: 20th October 2005

Here you can find many videos made by players, there are many great movies to download.
    You can find many ideas on the videos on this thread to add onto your own movie. If some movies aren't working anymore, must be because some people ran out of bandwich or just took them of the site they uploaded to.
    Please feel free to give opinions and talk about movies or anything related to it.
    To create your own movie you will need a video capture program. The most poppular one wich most of us capture our shots is Fraps, wich you can find a demor version of it at www.fraps.com, the demo version can only record up to 30 seconds and have their web site inscripted on your recorded video, but if you like the program it is worth paying for it. Prepare to have space on your hard drive because the video files recorded to it are saved on .avi so they might be around 100 megs of space for every 30 seconds recorded, depending on the color, light and other things there are on each recorded shot.

Next thing you will need to do after you record your movie is get all your pieces together, the most used program for this is Windows Movie Maker wich comes with Windows XP. Editing and compressing your videos is very important since fraps saves such big files, with Windows Movie Maker you can compress them (quality turns down a bit) and make it more accesible for people to download, you can also compress then in diferent sizes and qualities to have them of High, Medium and Low qualities for example. (If there's any other program available to download or buy, please send me a PM and I will add it, thanks).
    Next thing you'll need to do is upload your file for the rest of us to download an watch, for this you can use the following sites: (If there's any other site to add, free or payed, please send me a PM and I will add it, thanks).

- http://www.deanrussell.net/gallery FREE up to 20 megs. Needs you to register. Enter EverQuest II section.
    - http://picapic.net/ FREE up to 40 megs. Doesn't need registration.
    - http://www.filefront.com/ FREE no limit, but might need some waiting time before download. Needs registration.
    - http://yourfilehost.com/ FREE up to 50 megs. Doesn't need registration.

- http://atlas.walagata.com PAYED Not sure how it really works..
    - http://video.mpegnation.com PAYED You pay once per uploaded file.

Here is an interesting tip written by PontyEar, wich might help you record your movies smoother.
    Looking forward to watch your next movie.
    Thanks to all the people who have posted there videos in here.

Good Luck!
    Message Edited by Sinkatze on 10-20-2005 12:47 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-VikodiN Guest

Thanks ... been looking for a decent video capture program and may give this one a spin.
    Message Edited by VikodiN on 03-09-200611:16 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Byrche_Wroot Guest

You can check out my site for my only EQII vid thus far. It's nothing special. I plan to do storylines sooner or later. When I complete HL2 and and video for it that is.

Message Edited by Byrche_Wroot on 02-07-2005 08:13 AM
    Message Edited by Byrche_Wroot on 02-07-2005 08:16 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-wattsie025 Guest

what class is he, ranger?
  5. ARCHIVED-arathym Guest

Very nice video Byrche.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kaitar Guest

Hey I have a question -- someone please answer :smileysad: --

I used FRAPS all the time on COH and FFXI. But the resolution of EQ2 won't allow for the whole screen pic to show on my FRAPS vids, yet I hear of people using FRAPS to create their EQ2 vids all the time.

Anyone know the setting? Or is it a newer version of FRAPS I need to go d/l?

Thanks in advance. I appreciate the help, I have tons of video ideas but can't do much atm because of the problem.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sebastien Guest

Byrche-

That was a very nice piece. The music you chose really underscored the mood and theme of your character. Some of your scenes were well chosen; I especially found the guards and their dogs walking by to be poignant.

Also your graphics look great. Is that the bloom effect you have on, or did you run any of this through a filter afterwards? If not, I'm curious what your hardware is. I thought the game looked great on my box but you are making me jealous. :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Syrano Guest

I'll bite. Here's some of mine:

Swashy Style Tanking (12 MB)

Never Surrender (44 MB but worth it)

Guild Teaser (12 MB)

Lemme know what you think!

Edit: Changed host, this one is faster, though it may run out.
    Message Edited by Syrano on 01-16-2005 11:27 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Cantar Guest

i too am a lil curious as to what hardware these folks are useing to record in such good fps while recording

am guessing you have to have lil 2+ gigs of ram raid 0 config harddrives and a 256 meg video card

aslo you posted what you record them with many people know the tool to record with but what are you useing to edit the video?
  10. ARCHIVED-ApexEQ2 Guest

Great video Byrche. The music was fantasic, what was it? Id really like to get it and listen to the whole thing.
  11. ARCHIVED-Byrche_Wroot Guest

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Wattsie, yes he's a Ranger. Now anyway. He was still a predator in that bug video.

Arathym, thanks. Tell Smed to give me a job. :)

Kaitar, sounds like you need to get the latest version. The last one captures HL2 beautifully. I just hate to see what compression is going to do to it.

Seb, I don't use the bloom effect in the game. Makes it a little too "blurry" for me. I added a diffuse glow filter in editing. I was going for that "dreamy" look. I'm running a P4 3gig with HT. Radeon 9800 Pro 128 DDR running dual displays. And, 2 gigs of RAM. I capture the video to an external HD. This has helped in my framerate alot. I'm guessing that the external HD frees-up the internal from so much work and not getting bogged down. I'm hoping in the next couple weeks to move onto PCI-E graphics. I should be able to get even better quality video at that point.

Syrano, I tried DLing your videos. I was only getting like 10 kbs.

Cantar, I currently use Ulead's VideoStudio 8 and Windows Movie Maker to edit. I also hoping to possibly move up to Adobe Premier. Someday.

Apex, the group was Dead Can Dance. The track was "Sanvean" from their Toward the Within album. My personal favorite. They were a man and woman team, primarily.They broke up years ago. She went on to do some scores for film. Such as Gladiator. I'm not sure what he is up to these days.
    Message Edited by Byrche_Wroot on 01-16-2005 12:05 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-Syrano Guest

Byrche I meant to add that your video was excellent :) I'm trying to get enough footage together to do something similar for myself but it takes time to get shots I like :)

I know the ISP is slow. But I'm cursed with either a host that has unlimited bandwidth but slow speeds or a host that has limited bandwidth and fast speeds. The limited ISP has 20 gigs a month and I already have 60mb of movies. It won't take long to blow that limit :/ Who do you use to host your movie files?
  13. ARCHIVED-Syrano Guest

Oh and to answer another posters question. I use the full version of FRAPs (www.fraps.com) and for now, Windows Movie Maker (comes free with XP). I'm going out to pick up Pinnacle's movie tool today and give that a shot.

Running on a 3.2ghz Intel PIV HyperThreaded machine
    2 GB of DDR ram
    Nvidia 6800 Ultra (latest vid drivers, agp fast writes off, anisotropic filtering at 4x) 256 MB vid card
    No raid configuration tho :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Kaliea Guest

Okay, I have to say, it took me FORVER to download your file, but [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] it was worth it! The video was so perfectly chosen to flow with the music and your comments and effects throughout were absolutely great! This file is probably going to earn a permanent location on my hard drive. Keep it up!

Cheers!
  15. ARCHIVED-Vaelaen Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Syrano Guest

Vaelaen,

Nice, I like the shot angles, and that backdrop of Freeport with Luclin rising was great :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Sinkatze Guest

Great videos everyone, I really enjoy watching peoples adventures and videos they make.
    I was wondering if you need a really good PC for fraps do run well.. I have a Pentium 4 2,4 ghz, 1 GB ram and GeForce FX 5700 256 MB, will that be enogh to make adecent video? or do I need a better machine to run ir smooth?
    Great work everybody with the videos, hope you keep posting.

Good Luck!
  18. ARCHIVED-deffekt Guest

Byrche, i watched all of your videos and i am sorry but i just HAVE to say this. You Lineage2 video wasnt all that great. The electricity thing isn't even in the game. You should've had fighting in the video... especially when he was teleported into Cruma Tower... and your EQ2 video was pretty good. Would be better if u had a video or two in there with asorted fight scenes WITH music. And your FarCry video woulda been better had you had some better shots in there. Other than those couple things the videos were pretty kool.
  19. ARCHIVED-Sebastien Guest

Heh.. I knew that wasn't bloom. ;p

Although I have to say that I've been giving bloom a second change lately with my new x800 pro and I love it. The spell effects, particularly at night, just burst into life. It's very cool and much more vibrant than anything I've seen in an MMORPG. But in a way I think that the filter you chose accomplishes the same thing bloom is trying to do, only better. Nice to see that you are getting those kind of frame rates off a 9800. ATI all the way. ;)
  20. ARCHIVED-Crodacier Guest