EverQuest II: Poet’s Palace Dungeon Maker Forum Challenge!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-SOE-Brasse, May 25, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Spisme Guest

• Character Name: Spisme
    • Server: Freeport
    • Published name of published Poet’s Palace Dungeon: The Great Jabba's Lair
    • Brief description of the theme, max 100 words: It's a star wars dungeon based on Jabba the hutt

[IMG][IMG]" />
      [IMG][IMG]" />
      [IMG][IMG]" />

2. ARCHIVED-Cenen Guest

Character Name: Cenen
    Server: Permafrost
    Name of Dungeon: Djinn's Holiday Plans
    Description:
    The Djinn Master Kafide-Noom has found a way to steal Norrath's holidays. He has captured the holidays, brought them to his palace, and is draining them of their power. He will become unstoppable if he gains much more power. Right now he has stolen Nights of the Dead and Erollisi Day. No doubt when he is finished draining them of power he will steal others.
    You have been brought here to stop him. You must send the holiday apparitions back from where they came. Then you must do what you can to stop him from doing this again.
    [IMG]" />
    [IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-oldmandove Guest

This poet’s place has four poets residing in it. There is the Master Poet and his court; Poet of Despair, Poet of War, Poet of Nature. Each poet has their own suite of rooms and lackeys which verbally taunt the avatar. A solo avatar can make it through but will die one or two times. An avatar with a wide swing might bring in separated mobs in the center room so to truly experience the layout it is best to try to avoid wide swings in that room. Hope you enjoy it.

Thank you
    Oldmandove
    Stonebeast
    Everfrost
    ps I did not know how to include jpg screen shots in this reply, I would still like to be in contest. I am a 8 year veteran player.
    thanks
    oldmandove
  4. ARCHIVED-Rhamen Guest

Character Name: Pagom
    Server: Oasis
    Dungeon Name: Let's Get Out
    Description: The theme of this dugeon is FUN. Having fun facing a variety of different mobs and exploring the dungeon.
    [IMG][IMG]
  5. ARCHIVED-RodHammer Guest

I am posting this entry for my son, because according to support, it takes 72 hours for a newly created forum profile to be able to post. This would cause him to miss the dedline. THIS IS A DIFFERENT ENTRY FOR MY SON'S SEPERATE ACCOUNT FOR THE DUNGEON HE CREATED.
    • Character Name: Highmagecameron
    • Server: Antonia Bayle
    • Published name of published Poet’s Palace Dungeon: Undead Horde
    • Brief description of the theme, max 100 words: your kidnapped and forced into a living nightmare. fight your way through the horde and get out alive.
    • Screenshots:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-ShadowWeaver Guest

I cannot figure out how to post screenshots to this. I finally figured out how to resize them correctly, and now cannot copy and paste the images. I click on the insert/edit image link above, but it asks for an URL. They're not published online, so where do I get an URL? And I couldn't even copy and paste to the space for the photo. So, what's the deal??? Should I assume this contest is meant only for completely computer literate people?
  7. ARCHIVED-LadyMist Guest

My top two favorite dungeons are Raferty of Unrest, and Rahzuul of Crushbone <3
  8. ARCHIVED-ShadowWeaver Guest

Character Name: Mervath
    Server: Nagafen
    Published name of published Poet’s Palace Dungeon: As The Poet Once Bled
    Brief description of the theme, max 100 words: The Droag have heard rumors of the Poet's Tomes, powerful books of magic that can resurrect the dead. It is said to be how the Poet will one day be reborn when he is once again needed. But the Droag have other plans. They will amass an army of their dead using the infamous Poet's Tomes, an army that will help them conquer nations and become the most powerful force in Norrath. (Sadly, the Flavor Text appears not to be working so the story isn't able to be conveyed that that.)
    Screenshots:
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-Katenab Guest

Character Name: Folly
    Server: Freeport
    Published name of published Poet’s Palace Dungeon: Trial of the Djinn
    Brief description of the theme, max 100 words:
    The Trial Master has opened his palace to adventurers. What he didn't expect was a group of dervish nomads seeking to summon unknown powers, a voracious naga, and the infestation of the gardens by pests of all sorts. The trials require observation and patience as well as combat and jumping abilities. Signs provide clues. The reward is rich.
    This dungeon is designed to provide a balance between décor and tokens.
    Screenshots: at least 1 and up to 4 web-ready screenshots (.jpg .gif or .png), either posted in this thread or linked. Screenshots must be no larger than 800x600 pixels!
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  10. ARCHIVED-IvyBlackrose Guest

This is my SUbmission on Freeport server its Based off Oblivion one of my all time favourite games....sorry if theres not a whole lot of similarities I hope you all enjoy it Pale Rock Pass is the name of it

Character Name: Maharet
    Published Name: Pale Pass Rock
    Screenshots: [IMG]" />[IMG]" />
  11. ARCHIVED-Tellostoy Guest

Name: Windseye
    Dungeon Name: Crypt of Valdoon
    Description: Explorers discover ancient evil deep beneath Norrath. Mechanoids, Drolvarg, Insectoids thwart attempts at discovery in a sacred crypt. The Keeper watches!
  12. ARCHIVED-scarter4work Guest

• Character name: Glenorian
    • Server: Permafrost
    • Published name of published Poet’s Palace Dungeon: Djinn Rummy's Magic Academy
    • Brief description of the theme, max 100 words: You're a first year magic student. You can pot a mandrake in herbology, attend study hall, face your boggart and catch esacaped cornish pixies in defense of the dark arts class, and brew potions with Professor Snape. There are many evils lurking around such as a giant basilisk in the girls bathroom, and a 3-headed giant dog named Fluffy. Make it past the dog and find where the evil Lord Voldemort is hiding. Make sure you reserve the courtyard for last! There is a surprise. And it is Triwizard Tournament time! Defeat the champions and claim the trophy for yourself!
    Screenshots:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  13. ARCHIVED-Spelchek Guest

• Character Name: Deajei
    • Server: Freeport
    • Published name: Deajei's Rescue of the Thespians
    • Brief description of the theme: You have been hired to rescue the employee's of The Court of Blades Theater. The prop department aquired a niffty looking item that ends up being a working device that can bring forth a ghostly horde. You must fight your way through the horde to retreive every employee of the theater.
    • Screenshots:[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. ARCHIVED-MokaJava Guest

Character Name: Froggen
    Server: Antonia Bayle
    Published Name: Angry Aviaks
    Brief description of the theme: The Avian eggs are a prized item to everyone, even the pigs.
    The pigs have taken it a little too far now and the Aviaks have become very angry...

at everyone...
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Froggen Dazs of AB / Everfrost / Test
    Ranger/Carpenter

Other published dungeons:
    Vampire Vineyards on Everfrost
    Froggen's Frostfell on Everfrost
  15. ARCHIVED-birdscry Guest

To enter, respond to this thread with the following information:
    • Character Name: Sissal
    • Server: Crushbone
    • Published name of published Poet’s Palace Dungeon: The Dream Maker
    • Brief description of the theme, max 100 words: Orcs are taking over to create their own dream.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • [IMG]
  16. ARCHIVED-Merker Guest

Character Name: Redsoniah
    Dungeon Name: Palace of the Queen
    Theme: Rumors, circulating in Qeynos, claim that an upstart Queen is threatening the stability of Norrath through her callaborations with Crushbone and Mistmoore. You are charged with entering the palace, obtaining the journals of the missing Qeynos spies, determining whether the rumors are true and to destroy the queen and her alliances if they are. Good luck and may the gods be with you. (NOTE: Was able to solo using the Duhjalm Sentinel avatar)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  17. ARCHIVED-Perniciouss Guest

I would like to enter the contest for the Poet's Palace Dungeon Maker.
    Character Name: Ironik
    Server: Butcherblock
    Published Name: The Magik Lamp
    Theme Description: This dungeon looks amazing, and has a desert theme with genies, dervish, mummies and other desert races with quite a few boss types. It can be completed solo easily by any avitar type. The decor is true to the normal trappings found in zones where desert populations live. Many of the inhabitants have plenty to say as you work your way through this zone. This is a great place to work on body and face pulling, and learning where and how to pull a mob. The reward upon completion is 213 dungeon marks. Happy Hunting!!!
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Thank you for your consideration!
  18. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

• Character Name: Afista
    • Server: Crushbone
    • Published name of published Poet’s Palace Dungeon: Search for the Sorcerer's Stone
    • Brief description of the theme, max 100 words: Search deep within the castle to retrieve the Sorcerer’s Stone, but beware of what creatures are lurking! Battle Fluffy and head down the trap door, where only the strong will be able to get through the Devil’s Snare that waits below. Fight your way through rooms with flying keys, transfigured chess pieces and a very confunded troll. But, only those with logic will be able to solve the potion riddle, pass the black flames and face the final confrontation.
      ((This is a solo dungeon that yields about 22 marks))
    • Webpage link for full dungeon pic walkthrough (I don't do video :p )
    Screenshots:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  19. ARCHIVED-fonkthat Guest

• Character Name: Ogake
    • Server:Freeport
    • Published name of published Poet’s Palace Dungeon:One Dungeon to Rule them All
    • Brief description of the theme, max 100 words:
    This is the Final Resting place of the the first Pharoah Amen' Ra and is family... such a devout pharoah many of his subjects followed him in the after life... this is Necropolis the City of the Dead.... this Pharoah is loved and protect by All is his city..... so beware....

http://tinypic.com/r/292s9qe/6
    http://tinypic.com/r/63sisj/6
    http://tinypic.com/r/29eizic/6
    http://tinypic.com/r/2j1o378/6
  20. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

Character Name: Hedvika
    Server: Antonia Bayle
    Dungeon Name: The Mad Poet's Release
    Description:
    Just outside the desert city of Maj'Dul is the palace of the renowned poet Adrianna. It is a palace of beautiful gardens, an impressive library, and the chance for poets and students to study and create in a serene and inspiring environment.
    During your travels through the desert, you have decided to pay your respects to Adrianna. However, when you arrive, you see nothing more than Adrianna's open diary, hinting of madness and ending with a plea to seek her out if she has failed to return to her writing room ...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Additional Notes: There are four readable books, a musical instrument, and flavor text for future adventurers. The dungeon was primarily tested solo with the Bloodhorn Sentinal and Clockwork Executioner avaters. Some strategies work better than others in a few spots! I enjoyed fully embracing the Maj'dul architecture for this design. I've always liked Maj'dul and the desert regions.