EverQuest II is Going 64-Bit!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, May 31, 2022.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

2. Fizzles Inapinch New Member

Yes same issue
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Fizzles Inapinch New Member

I have reinstalled and still cannot get in it won't accept my log in and password on my desktop but no problem on my laptop, so I'll be calling customer service
  4. PsiberDaemon Active Member

Same. I use Lutris. Ran launchpad as usual, it updated, I ran, it worked. :p
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Uhm, maintenance today. You shouldn't be able to log in just yet.
  6. Jesaine Well-Known Member

WOW! I don't know what they tweaked exactly, but the performance boost for me today vs yesterday is MASSIVE!

Great job, devs! :D

I see only one thing that remains years later; delayed death opponents.

LOL
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

Let's hope it stays just as good once the rest of Varsoon's players log back on. ;)
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Just stopping by to say that Varsoon anyway is immensely better lag-wise than it was yesterday. Whew!

Thanks devs! :)
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

At 7:10 am PST, there would've been the patch going on yesterday. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

'Cause there was a patch going on, if this was yesterday morning.

And I don't think customer service has a phone number any more... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna, Geroblue and Siren like this.
  11. Fizzles Inapinch New Member

It was long after the patch and took all day with customer service I got on and now this morning when I click play it won't work on my laptop or my desktop uuugggg
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just now? 'Cause I'd been doing all right all morning, but just about 5-10 minutes ago, poof... :-/

EDIT: Hmm; could've been my Spectrum connection, which seems to be par for the course for them at times. X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

One of the times I used FastTravel, Skyfire, this morning, I went back to character select without wanting to.

The ones after that worked fine.

I have noticed a slight slow down.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Fantasy_Splitpaw New Member

On Varsoon, the lag returned yesterday. It's no-where near as bad as it was, but I still have abilities going off without ever displaying a cast bar. On average I'd say there is about a 0.75 - 1.0 sec delay in everything that I do.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  15. Orionza Active Member

I'm having irrelated problems, but the crashing when zoning has stopped. I feel so relieved! I was afraid to zone anywhere. I'm still learning it's okay to zone to my home and the guildhall because I won't crash. Thank goodness.
  16. Merker Member

I've seen a massive framerate improvement after the update both on my beast of a computer with AMD dedicated graphics card and another small form factor computer with Intel integrated graphics.

For those noticing lag... remember that the x64 move will not improve lag that might be network bandwidth related or issues that might occur if a server is heavily populated (a heavy population, if you are in an area where player toons are in the vicinity, also requires more network bandwidth as more data needs sent back and forth). My PC is WiFi connected and I always would encounter intermittent lag, even on AB. Two weeks ago I updated to a better USB WiFi antenna that gets me a good 35mbps down and 50mbps up. I no longer have a lag issue.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My ISP claims we are on a 200 mpbs line... when I use speedtest.org, its more like 8/3 mbps.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  18. Evoli New Member

I have been trying all day to log in.
    The game is not preloading my assets and just stops
  19. Angeliana Senior Community Manager