EverQuest II Community Summit -- Voice Your Concerns Here

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Xalmat, Sep 8, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

SOE is hosting an EverQuest II Community Summit at the end of this month. Guess who's invited? You guess it, me. I'll save the bragging for another day though, so I can get down to business.

As part of the Community Summit (much like the Guild Summit from EQ1) we will have three round-table discussions on Saturday October 1 at SOE Headquarters in San Diego, California. Who knows what the schedule is this early, but you can bet I'll be bringing up things that affect Conjurors.

I have a good idea what to bring up, but what I want to know is, what do YOU want me to bring up?

You have until September 28th to either post here, PM me, or email me what you want me to bring up at the round-table discussions. Please be as specific and clear as possible.
    Message Edited by Xalmat on 09-08-2005 02:20 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Fierce Rage Guest

If the new test update goes to the live servers. That should be at the top of the list. You know which one I am talking about. The one with making the gameplay so ridiculously hard to where we die on one single blue conned solo mob.
  3. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

Here's a post from beta boards that nicely summarizes current problems (I removed the ones that were just bugs that are supposedly going to get fixed):

Pet: Zombie (Tank) Mitigation is to low, takes to much damage against appropriate targets for its level. Making it difficult to impossible to heal during a solo encounter because of the rate the pet losses health against the rate we can transfer life back to the pet.
    • Fix: Raise Mitigation to a value that provides adequate abilities to solo effectively without having to FD or run from green NPC’s. Add a way to see what the mitigation currenty is by examining the pet

Consumption
    Great addition for Necromancers, Recast time is 90 seconds to long
    • Fix: Set recast time to 30s seconds

Stun Line
    Casting times not in line with other class Stun/Stifle based spells/skills
    • Fix: Lower Casting time to 1 second or instant.

Exchange Life / Transfer Life
    Current pet healing values are to low compared to health taken from the caster. Spell line does not show the amount of health that is deducted from the caster.
    • Fix: Lower the Health taken from the caster and increase the value of the heal approximately 20% and show the current values of the health exchange on the spell description

Lich
    Drains health at a rate that is detrimental to the use and function of the spell. Shape changes characters to inconsistent forms and has morphing hair that produces a stretched Gumby effect while in motion
    • Fix: Lower the rate in which it exchanges health for power to half of current value. Adjust illusion to be uniform across races. (Without the red wig)

Skin Rot / Death Rot
    4 second duration doesn’t provide adequate damage over time.
    • Fix: Double the rate to 8 seconds

Deathly Pallor (Feign Death)15 minute recast time. Spell has a chance to be interrupted when in motion
    • Fix: lower recast time to 5 minuets. Make spell uninterruptible.

Dartain’s Cloaking DebrisHas never worked since introduced into the game.
    • Please do something with this spell.

I'd also like to add that Misty Image still doesn't work very well, it turns my Iksar into a misty image version of a human or elf with green hair.
  4. ARCHIVED-borwin Guest

Before Combat Revamp the best thing about the Necro profession was the lack of downtime involved since we had such great power taps from our pets.

During the Beta Combat revamp our power conversion and pet healing was nerfed all to hell but I didnt complain too much since our pets were beefed up in the process so that the added power and healing werent needed.

But after 9/7/05 they nerfed our pets all too Hell in fact they are worse off now than they are on live currently and we also are dealing with nerfed power generation and nerfed healing.

So you can see where Im leading here, the necro community has been patiently waiting for the day that we would be brought in line and made into a good profession and for quite some time actually.

Out of all the professions the conjurer community was one of the last professions ever to expect any nerfing since we were so far down on the totem pole when it came to powerful professions but here we see it that this revamp has given us a net loss of power instead of a net gain.

In order for this to be fixed one or more things needs to happen:

1) Fix our pets mitigation amounts prior to 9/7/2005 or
    2) Reinstate our previous power generation capabilities or
    3) Give us way more efficient heals when it comes to our pets or
    4) Put back the heal component in our pet buffs or
    5) Perhaps giving lower level necros a mini-lich to help us regain power faster and heal ourselves faster.
  5. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

My primary concern is actually the timing of this meeting. Revamp/DoF releases on the 13th along with the host of changes in LU13. ~ 2 weeks is not enough time for the community at large to really get a feel for anything. I'm not in Beta and don't play on test because there's no way I can give the quality feedback those programs deserve so when it all hits on the 13th that'll be alot to absorb and process and I'll need to see myself relative to others as well. I've posted my concerns already in the Necro combat utility thread I started and El Chup and the test/beta folks who are posting here have posted alot as well but, there's no way I can fully voice my concerns by the time the meeting starts on the 1st, much less earlier since I highly doubt you'll be reading this thread and the conj one right before the meeting. Maybe you will, you seem good like that but you'll excuse me if I have my reservations.It's simply too soon. Heck, the retune wont even be in a fully stable form by the 13th so thats even less time.

We're looking at least 2 weeks post DoF launch of patches full of tweaks and changes. Less than a week to go and they decided to effectively eliminate conc use and make other major gameplay changes that will almost certainly make it to live. Necro's especially can expect to be constantly tweaked and retweaked because as it stands now we lack a group wow factor outside of our style(no one touches our style!) rehashing some of my complaints-

Heal's are nice and all but in groups it's situational- where are you going without a healer? And couple that with the amount of aggro you'll draw from both dps and healing? and the pet?! not looking that great. FD is awesome-if you raid, otherwise it's a nice little get out of jail free card every 15 minutes.As sacreligious as it sounds I'd rather have conj stoneskin because the recast is shorter and as a non-raiding Necro, a reliable aggro reducer that can be recast fairly fast does me alot more good than the 15 min fd we have. If I'm in a group that just wiped, what are the odds of me being somewhere safe enough to get up? And now rez the group? It would pain me but I'll trade in a heartbeat. Everyone debuffs better than us, more than us, more reliably and with more effect. Our stuns take too long to cast, last too short and are just that, stuns. We are the only Mage that lacks a secondary effect to stuns. Last I saw, every other Mage buffs better too. Pretty much what we bring to groups is style . As nice as style is, utility is better. With conj's groups can go "Wow! Fireseed is nice!","That AoE stifles?! That one Snared?!" chanters... not even starting that, too much to list but Sorc's get weapon procs,debuffs, huge raw damage and very nice group buffs last I saw.

I'm a Necro thus number 2/3 on their damage teir, if a sorc is number one outright from his personal damage AND brings more of those wow factor things, where do I fit in?Oh wait! I just got snare back! If I really wanted to spend endless hours snare kiting because of a poor grouping situation I would have stayed in EQ1. It's fun the first time, the 1000 its grating and by the 10k kill you're about ready to shoot yourself...or quit.What even needs to be snared in a group really?Fighing solo mobs thats what the tank pet is for so that leaves kiting heroics and above. Thought the whole point was to make that unrealistic?If so, how long do you think that ability will last?Actually it might because just how many places can you really kite in this game? In groups mobs stand and die so exactly how much good is snaring them? Charm! Yay! oh wait....umm....how many undead are in this game post 50? Haven't seen it as a new line before 50 and all the reports I'm hearing are saying little to no undead are in DoF. And why exactly would I want 2 pets to manage anyway? Especially one thats going to want to kill me and I lack the reliable CC capability to stop it?

Those are my current concerns assuming nothing major changes from current test/beta build that I'm aware of. As I said,I play on neither server so I may be off but those complaints are dervied from the statements of our testers and they arent the Chicken Little type.
  6. ARCHIVED-wurtin Guest

I think any posts now would be severly premature as we have very little idea what our class will end up like next week. With the severe changes going on in beta and test daily, it's hard to know what to think. We need to make sure we keep this thread up towards the top, or sticky it so we don't forget about it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

This is the thread I started-

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=30&message.id=8885&jump=true

but It was rendered somewhat obsolete by this one by El Chup

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=30&message.id=9042&view=by_date_ascending&page=3

Especially pay attention to Page 3 reply 74

Edit Add: Heh, saw your reply about CoTH in the conj thread and have to ask- make sure Necro twitching never gets brought up either. At least CoTH whoring ended when the fight started. Twtitching is the sorc's baby now and should stay there though I'm personally for seeing such a spell permanently removed.

Edit: Misread the recast on stoneskin, I'm keeping FD.
    Message Edited by Deson on 09-09-2005 04:24 PM
    Message Edited by Deson on 09-09-2005 05:12 PM
    Message Edited by Deson on 09-09-2005 05:40 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Shirodan Guest

From my experiences on test:

1. Either increase the ammount of power gained from pet, or change the recast to 2 seconds so we can drain him dry for power if we so choose. (After all, as evil necros we see them as tools nots "pets")

2. As stated above, increase our pet's mitigation, hes currently taking a beating.

3. Make our snares useful again by not allowing a chance to break via hostile spells/actions.

4. The master II lifetaps consume health to drain health to heal us..hmm.

Message Edited by Shirodan on 09-13-2005 06:57 AM
    Message Edited by Shirodan on 09-13-2005 06:57 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Vates_Sacer Guest

FIX THE SNARE!!! If it breaks when we do damage, then why even have a snare?? Just take that line away from us and give us something useful. Tired of getting what we wanted forever, then they nerf it to where you dont want it........
  10. ARCHIVED-Anganos Guest

I want them to bring back liquor into the game. Nothing like running naked thru Kithicor drunk as a skunk with no armor on!! So if it is possible please bring back the Juice!!

That is all,
    AA
  11. ARCHIVED-wurtin Guest

Snare? if it's going to stay in its current form, please just remove it from the game.
    Pet mitigation - Please add some mitigation to our pets. Mitigation should be impacted by stances or, have it impacted by the quality of the pet spell.
    Pet armor - Another possible way to add mitigation to the pet.
  12. ARCHIVED-Vates_Sacer Guest

if you read my post, then the above post, kinda asking why he referred to my post. I said the exact same thing as he is saying. If they are not going to fix the snare, take it away and give us something in its place.
  13. ARCHIVED-MrGrimm999 Guest

*Snare: this is rediculous and needs to not break when the mobs take damage or give us something else useful in its place.

*Our one and only stun line: Please reduce the casting time, 3 seconds is enough to have us interupted and dead

*Lich: heals for too little does too much damage to us

*Pets: Either put back mitigation or give the pet much more hp and make our heals heal for much more, they are ineffective as is.

*Necrotic Mending line: Raise the duration on this so that we can concentrate on other things besides spam healing.

*Warlock pet: Runs out of mana way too fast

*Dumbfire pets and rats: Die much to quickly, up the dps on the stench line
  14. ARCHIVED-cfteague2 Guest

Well, it looks like summoners got the nerf bat hard at the last minute because we could solo heroic +++ mobs. Unfortunately, it looks like that was only possibily with lots of master spells and great gear (in which case it might be arguable that its ok for some really well geared player to do) or by kiting.
    The funny but sad thing is they nerfed everything else (forcing us to kite more) then nerfed kiting...
    If the only reason to nerf us was to stop soloing +++ mobs, I think the snare nerf would probably have done it. In which case, SOE can kindly UNDO the other nerfs that are hurting us, since those weren't ever really needed.
    My opinion! You dont like, go get your own!
  15. ARCHIVED-Janl Guest

The removal of mitigation from our pets wasn't aimed at Summoners or players. They removed mitigation from ALL NPCs. This just happens to include our pets. The problem isn't so much that our pets are taking more damage. It's that Necros and Conjurors didn't get a boost to our healing abilties to compensate for the HP increase our pets were given to offset the additional damage they take.

However, you shouldn't have any issues at all with soloing at least even con NPCs with no arrows, if you have at least Handcrafted equipment with Apprentice III spells (this is STILL the baseline, contrary to what some have tried to say).

***EDIT***

I'd just like to add, it didn't take Fabled gear and Master I spells for us to be able to solo Heroic ^^^ targets. As a level 50 Conjuror with mostly Legendary/Treasured gear and Adept I spells (had Adept III pet) I was able to solo level 54 Heroic guards in Maj'dul. This was with no downtime, and the fights lasted less than 30-40 seconds.

Yes there were a couple days where we were really hurting as summoners, but they have for the most part, fixed the issues. Now if they can just fix the healing issue to make our respective heals worthwhile, I'll be happy.
    Message Edited by Janl on 09-13-2005 10:28 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Ok, now that the changes are Live I have to say ignore my previous post(but not the one wih the links in it, those are good still). I'd like to see Some form of damage sheild or buff added to to our line. Maybe make Horrific mark add a chance to life tap on damage? or power tap? Somehing to make the group go wow!

Our heals need adjustment to reflect the new reality of our pets having no mitigation. There's almost no point in bothering to heal the pet when it gets low because you cant really keep up with the damage if you really need to cast it.We may not need to be able to heal heroic/epic damage but even against some even con groups of solo it's just plain worhless to try and heal because it's almost always smarter to just try and burn the mob down.If the pet dies/gets low just recast it because it takes too long to wait for a low pet to get to full-especially since necro heals come from health and the hit just isnt worth it solo(I like the concept of the heals though so no complaint there)

Haven't personally seen these next two yet but here are my evals based on reports I read and I'm happily corrected if I'm wrong.

Our charm is undead only, if it fails it dots. I'd rather see it coded to dot all mobs with a chance to short charm undead. I've never been a charm fan,unless it's going to redebut in all it's EQ1 (prenerf) overpowered glory, it's just never been worth the risk. It's even less so now since we get a pet for every situation except healer and our pets do pretty freakin well.I also have never been a fan of situational spells since they tend to have a gimicky feel to them and require dev thought to ensure they are useful in those very limited situations, but not overpowered and that it's not just easier to ignore you have that spell since you get along just fine without it most of the time anyway.

Our soul line of spells as posted sound very cumbersome. Some change to make them less so would be great like having the spells perma added to the book so they can be perm added to the hotbar.

Last concern for this post- Change the art on the Master level Lich. Necro's are all about style and to go from green flaming skelly to just ghost form skelly when you upgrade from adept3 to master...well, I dont care how practical the decision is I'll just stick with lower power regen/proc.

Message Edited by Deson on 09-17-2005 07:54 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Looks like people forgot all about this thread. I'm still taking ideas for what to bring up at the Summit.
  18. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

I don't think people forgot, I think we are just still figuring out how the game is working. I've got one though, as a summoner I'd like group spells to affect our swarm pets again. Tried it earlier and my rats weren't affected by my group illusion so I'm assuming no other group spell affeects them.
  19. ARCHIVED-Caliban Guest

just throwing out an idea. How about a unique spell on a long timer. (15-30min?) that would give a chance to animate any mob that is mid-size or smaller. It could be scalled down so the fighting ability is of the mob is poor but so what? It would be cool. or not have it fight at all, but you could drag it along to syphon the power and health when needed. hehehe.
  20. ARCHIVED-darkmagi83 Guest

A lvl 42 Necro here, and here our some of my concerns,

Please fix the spells that drain health and give us power from our pet, the numbers are so low that its almost pointless

Please fix stun so that its casting time is reduced to at least 2 seconds. Casting time is too long

Please add the skele laugh in our illusion spell, it was very disapointing when it was taken out

Please remove the clothing that our scout pets and warlock pets have now they are hideous

Please fix the snare line, It is worthless.

*Please fix the issue that pet classes must do at least 1hp point of damage to get xp! there are times when i group that mobs die so fast that i dont really get a chance to do damage.. (i.e healing pet,other group members or debuffing) also another important issue is that our swarm of rats line, and ghastly stench line don't count as doing "damage" to get xp! Please fix this immediatley, we are casting these spells in the middle of a fight and they should count as doing damage to get that xp we have earned!* * = Most important issue

Forgot to add that I noticed our walock pets like to go closer to the mob after casting each spell until they are in melee range please fix this.
    Message Edited by darkmagi83 on 09-24-2005 10:28 PM