Everquest II cannot load your next zone (mod01_dun_tombs_of_night)

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Malombra, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Malombra Member

I can't do the Bloodline Chronicles Timeline because I'm not able to enter any of the 3 instance of the Tombs of Night (the normal one, and the 2 quest related). I tried with various character but I keep receiving the error message
    I vaidated the game, updated it, checked pack folder (2 different files there: exp01_dun_living_tombs.vpk and exp01_dun_living_tombs_SG.vpk) but nothing, I can't enter the Tombs.

[IMG]
    Ronjah likes this.
  2. Ronjah Active Member

What you can do now without waiting for an official solution which might happen whenever or not at all: Use the streaming client for this zone.
    Malombra likes this.
  3. Corinna New Member

A guildmate is having the same problem, can't zone in. She was written a bug report, but no answer :mad:. Dito with a petition, no answer. I'm sorry, I have no solution for this, but maybe Daybreak?
  4. Brotherhound New Member

I had the same issue, the file exists if I start US English, but disappears as soon as I choose EU English.

I did like this:
    I copied the files (both Tombs of Night zone files) that appeared when I choose US English onto desktop (directly copy/paste between directories did not work).
    Then I launched EU English, choose Game Directory and copied the files from desktop into the "pak" directory.
    Then launched the game.

I am currently, as I write, standing in the Tombs of Night zone on the EU server :)
    Sharann likes this.
  5. Bemep New Member

Confirm.
    The zones are unlocked :)
  6. Sharann Well-Known Member

Arf I should have looked at this thread before posting! Thanks for the solution :)
  7. Doomravin Well-Known Member

/Bump

Just ran into this today after trying to help a guildie

Looks like over a year since it first got mentioned in forums

Please fix sometime this year, maybe? :confused:
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Necroposting is a bad thing. It causes a prurient rash on your tender bits. Really.

And the fix for the issue is discussed in this thread. Look in your directory and make sure you have the appropriate files IN THAT DIRECTORY. I'd recommend switching to your appropriate region FIRST, then try to validate from the Launchpad (the button with the crossed wrench and hammer). After validating, open the folder for your region's install and make sure you have the paks and other files required.

Remember that Test, Beta, US, and EU are all gonna have their own directories.
    Juraiya likes this.
  9. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Hmm,

What part of "Just ran into this today after trying to help a guildie" did you not understand? I find your accusation of necro posting unjustified considering this issue is still active and directly affected me and two other guildies today

And that's not a fix, it's a bodge which requires peeps to download from the US patch where they don't have the same problem as EU server and you have to save the necessary files in a special folder in case you ever want to run a validation check
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, it doesn't. You select your region, then validate. That should force the files to download if they are not there.

If you happened to have a computer crash at some point, it's possible that you do have the files needed, but they're borked. In theory, validation should fix that, but if not and you do have the files, delete 'em then revalidate to force a reload of new files.
  11. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Please,
    Try reading the thread or simply stop with the faulty assumptions

Validation deletes the tomb of night data on the EU server install, it does not on the US server install. You have to manually copy over the tomb of night data over to an EU install from an US install. The zones will work properly then and you can zone in and play them

Any validation attempts after will simply delete both the necessary files on an EU install and leave you back at square one
  12. Karamella Well-Known Member

Found that solution in an older thread and it saved my quest today.
  13. Lothian New Member

Hey there folks, hopefully I'm not necroing this thread too harshly, but having the same problem. Switched over from the US server to me native EU, and I'm having the same problem.

I've read the solution, so by all means correct me if I'm mistaken, I'm supposed to:

"Load the US version back, copy the Tomb pak files, then switch back over to the EU, and paste the lost files into the pak folder again "?

Easily done if that's the case, so if there's a correction to be made, by all means let me know ^_^
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Normally, the game creates separate folders for regions. Check your installation and see if the US folders are still there, if so you can just copy 'em over.
  15. Lothian New Member

Had a look, oddly enough couldn't find the US version. Fixed it easily enough though :)