EverQuest II Behind the Scenes: Prestige Homes

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Jan 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-gourdon Guest

They need to offer the storm island as a map for dungeon maker.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

While I really dislike rain, I have to giggle at people asking for no rain on Storm Isle. It may be more appropriate to ask whether or not a non-rainy variation of that house will be available in the future. ;) Sunny Isle, anyone? :p
  3. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    This is exactly what I meant to say. AVAILABLE IN GAME, not by spending rl $ or SC. We were told that more would be available IN GAME. Give us a nice, long, lore-rich quest for a house. Maybe even make the quest racial, so that each race would have their own Prestige Home.
    As for the Unrest home, it "is" in game on the SC store, without the basement or all the floors. It is nice, but I was really hoping for the full house (basement, all floors, plus outside). They could have made the zone in at the entrance just like in the game, would have been great.
  4. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    I think the request to have it rain on the periphery, but not in the center of the island itself, is reasonable.
    Right now, any building or structure will have rain inside.
    I guess they could add a box of floor tiles that are in a moving crate when you buy the house which stop/clip rain. Make them invisible from the bottom or sides. So if people want parts of the island rain-free, they can just hover anti-rain tiles as big, and as high, and as large as they want without spoiling the view.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Make a building with no roof, give it a watery floor.
    Really though, how often does rain avoid land and only rain over bodies of water? I understand the intent behind the request, but frankly people looking for a free-building spot without the rain should get the Tenebrous Isle for now. /shrug
  6. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

gourdon wrote:
    It would be cool to have all (or most of) the prestige houses available as dungeon maker maps, even if they were maps you had to buy from SC.
  7. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    A guildie of mine had a similar idea last night -- he was hoping they'd add the guild halls as Dungeon Maker maps, and allow us to populate it with player-character race mobs. Then we could play the role of monsters invading our own guild halls!
  8. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

Bhael@Oasis wrote:
    That's what I had in mind actually. Open space is to decorating and design just as the sequences of silence are part of what defines a particular musical idea.
    I think that Feldon is on to something though with the invisible rain-stopper ceiling tiles for people who really want to pack-rat their island with custom closed spaces.
    I still am for rain ON the island though. I wouldnt' even mind random 2-3x a min lightning strikes to the top of the tower if it was able to be rendered realistically enough.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lazzdar Guest

I absolutely LOVE the island. In fact I'm the proud owner of one now.

BUT...what I would love to see are guild halls with these themes. We now have a good selection of prestige homes, we could use, for instance, a guild hall with the Lavastorm theme or something. Themes that cater to specific guild types, such as evil guilds, etc.
  10. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

For the record, not ALL structures you make will have rain inside them...
    The [crude stone bench] stops the rain where it overhangs.... I'm sure there are others.
    I love this island, don't dream of turning off the rain...
  11. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    I once had it rain across the street but not on my grandmother's property. And it was coming down in sheets over there.
    That said, there *is* apparently a prestige home available in game that isn't paid for with cash or a vet reward. I don't think anyone actually has it though. The kromzek hall.
  12. ARCHIVED-VikodiN Guest

They look great ... I got too many houses to decorate, lol.