EverQuest II Atlas Available

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Darkmortis, Feb 23, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Darkmortis Guest

Looking at the news today SOE finally made an annoucement that the EverQuest II Atlas is finally available http://eq2players.station.sony.com/ via PrimaGames.

Can I just say "Thank You"

I pre ordered that book August 29th 2005 as the release date was November 2005, then it got pushed til December 2005, then February 1st 2006, then February 13th 2006 and then apparently now; February 23rd 2006.

Lets just say that book has been pushed back so many times I was about to give up. I sincerely hope it has all the maps I need compared to the Original Strategy Guide. Now I just have to go downtown to pick up my copy.
  2. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Great news, ah pre-ordered it from DVDBoxoffice a couple weeks ago when ah was looking for any sign of KoS/PoR (still no listing of either :womansad: )
    Just checked, Atlas is still listed T.B.A. for release date :womansurprised:
  3. ARCHIVED-agentsix Guest

went to GameStop and looked though the atlas.

it is basically useless for use. colored paper with dark print. you would have to be in a very well lit room to use this while playing.

it would be vitually impossible to look at this guide while actually playing.

maybe good for a collectible but worthless as a gaming tool.
  4. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Ah was planing on just using it as a reference and getting an idea on the layout of zones when not playing
  5. ARCHIVED-Darkmortis Guest

Well typical the Gamestop store didnt have it in stock, so I ordered it from the Website.
    192 pages, I'm sure its worth it. If you cant afford to flick the light on a few minutes to look at it, then you know you play too much EQ2 hehe
    PS Off topic: I've turned my light on, in the basement, over 1million times probably since I've lived in this house (Dec 1999) and not once has this light bulb burnt out :)
  6. ARCHIVED-agentsix Guest

You know you jinxed it right?
  7. ARCHIVED-Pravius Guest

I was expecting so much more out of this guide. I was hoping it would be like the original EQ atlas with the nice bindings and everything but this one feels very cheap and doesnt even qualify as a collectible for me.... I guess its just preference.
  8. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

So it's just like a regular book? DVDBoxoffice has both the EQLive and EQII Atlas available (ah pre-ordered the EQII one and now that it is available it has a different catalogue number so ah keep getting an email about it being on backorder, same thing is happening with Baldur's Gate III :womantongue: )
    One question about the EQII Atlas: is it accurate? not worried about it being out-of-date with placement of mobs/npcs/etc, just the layout, specially places like the Serpent Sewers/Vermins Snye/etc
  9. ARCHIVED-Darkmortis Guest

EQ2 Atlas, I find it very useful. Accurate?? Well I'd have to say so considering it has Kingdom of Sky maps + the new Isle of Refuge Maps which is now known as Queens Colony and Outpost of the Overlord. I highly doubt they would publish the Commonlands with a 2yr old map but then again....no wait...has to be accurate. Remember when Gobblerock was added?? Heck hold on. I own the EQ2 Strategy Guide, let me compare maps of Commonlands to that of the EQ2 Atlas.........has to be very accurate, cause again with Kingdom of Sky there are spires in Commonlands, amongst a few other zones and EQ2 Atlas has them added.

Its not published on a glossy paper but then again I'm still satisfied with the color of these maps. All maps are alphabetical so if you zoned into Nest of the Great Egg...thum to N and voila

Each Map will tell you what its based off of, for example: First Map is called Acts of War and it tells you its from the Splipaw Saga; Antonica is just EverQuest 2; Ascent of the Awakened will tell you its from Kingdom of Sky etc

Starts at page 8, ends at page 189 and also gives you points of interest.

The only default I ever saw is as you mentioned.....NPCs, in the new book it says Kizdean Gix is in Commonlands, yet since they removed the quest for Fallen Gate I think they took him out of the game.

PS As far as your Baldurs Gate 3..........there is no such game announced just yet, believe me I'm a BG fan myself and I havent found any information regarding it. I've had several years of PC Gaming Magazines that I heard talks of it but no such luck. Why would they make a strategy guide for it?? Beats me. I pre ordered EQ 1 Atlas back in Aug/Sept of 2005 for a release date of Dec 2005, nope. Last I heard EQ 1 atlas should be released Feb 2006 same time as EQ2 Atlas....nope. I called Prima Games specifically and they said they have no release date yet when I talked to Gamestop they said they also have no release date whatsoever but havent gotten any emails yet to stop pre ordering the book. Prima Games said EQ Atlas is very doubtful if it ever gets published :(
  10. ARCHIVED-Darkmortis Guest

But you may have brought up a valid point..........this will be edited when I find the question/answer...possible false advertisement.
    **Edit: Nope nvm, thought I saw somewhere that this Atlas was gonna be like 300+ pages but its truly 192 pages total......and the link SOE put up is in fact 192 pages hmm oh well**
    Message Edited by Darkmortis on 03-07-200605:10 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-AJoS Guest

Just use http://eq2.gamepressure.com/

Prima Games are not the most honest of companies when it comes to promises about updating game guides. See EQ2 Strategy for an example - they promised they would update it via their website. So far nothing.

Much easier to use an online guide that will be kept up to date.
  12. ARCHIVED-Howlingmoon Guest

Or GamerGod.com. ;) We're adding more maps often, and will be updating them along the way. :)
  13. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Check out DVDBoxoffice.com, they have BG3 listed for around $66CAD, they also have a listing for the EQLive Atlas
    Sounds like it is well worth getting the EQII Atlas for it's face value (why would you buy an earth atlas and expect to find locations of your local mayor/police chief/school principal/etc?)
  14. ARCHIVED-Mynxie Guest

For me the value on the EQ Atlas was added in the lore and storyline they have for a majority of the maps
  15. ARCHIVED-Meleania Guest

I know somethings lots cheaper (free, even) easy to use (access in game!) and did I mention free? and updates itself? You guessed it! EQ2MAP Updater!!!
    Instructions:
    Go to http://eq2interface.com
    On the left side of the page under Menu, go to EQ2MAP (its the 4th one down)
    Click on 'Download' in the top right area of the page between Forums and FAQ & Tutorials

I personally prefer the Auto updating one
  16. ARCHIVED-Darkmortis Guest

Only problem with downloading a EQ2Map is that its not official from SOE which means you could possibly face an error saying the UI wont be compatible which means that SOE will not give any tech support for your downloaded EQ2 Map

Also I've heard that people have had their client crash after installation so I steer clear of em :p

Though keep in mind "One Persons Opinion"
  17. ARCHIVED-Aslan's Friend Guest

I've been using it for more than a year now and find it completely stable and indispensable. However, it may not be entirely accurate as SOE sometimes moves items and it isn't 100% accurate as it is updated by users like you and me.
  18. ARCHIVED-Cronon Guest

I think you are intermingling general custom UI's with one specific plugin, EQ2map. The "not-compatible with" message is seen when SOE updates the game and the author of the UI has not updated it with whatever whistle that SOE has added. I have used custom UI's since I started playing way back when and always found them to enrich my game. I would recommend the Fetish line, personally and it can be downloaded at Eq2interface.com

I have used EQ2map since when it was in Beta and I've never had a problem with it. SOE was so impressed with it that they have had DEV's post on the EQ2map forum, helping the authors with tips and hints on how the game works. Scott Hartman himself uses the product as well

Scott's message

I find that it is invaluable and if you like that sort of thing, I highly recommend it.
  19. ARCHIVED-Darkmortis Guest

Umm so sure, if you like it, go for it "Ones Opinion"
    I just choose not to; unless SOE puts it in.
  20. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Just received mah Atlas (literally, it arrived about an hour ago :)) and it is great: detailed maps up to and including KoS zones, including the revamped Newbie Zones (The Sprawl, Forest Ruins) & the Outpost of the Overlord/Queen's Colony, placement of most NPC's/mobs, Points of Interest and background lore
    The maps themselves look like they were taken straight from the game so lighting/legibility is not a problem (screenshots could have been taking with increased gamma/lighting though)