Everquest 2 And Automation Bot Programs

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by toschoolforkool, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toschoolforkool Member

When is sony going to get these people and there bots out of here.. I have petitioned numerous times and yet the bots are still there How do you know its a bot you dare ask? cause im friends with some of them and ive even asked them numerous times do you even care you know your ruining the game?

they have told me what programs they use and most of them are using 3 main programs to run It (3 programs are required to run it). and these bots do more than raiding and the heroic zone i have seen these bots in action total script setup automation where the person botting basically does nothing but type in set up for "Insert Mob Name Here " and the program totally takes care of the rest using red text Que's ... emotes... etc..... and this same program does crafting also total crafting.. transmuting and tinkering automation... there needs to be some kind of detection program implemented.

.I wont say the name of the programs cause if i do i know this thread will be locked but people know what program is mainly used.

kronos are going through the roof cause of more and more people are using them.. went from 800p to about 2500p on Freeport. AB is the bot capital of eq2. You got people running whole 24 man raids full mystical geared out using scripts and such and one of the biggest programs out there dare I not say the name? Is ruining the whole game.
    And yet everytime I petition sony I feel like im the one bother them not the other way around..But i will still continue to post and report all of these botters even if its in vain. i don't know if sony thinks there subs are gonna fall if they get rid of the botters or what.. but some of the botting action bring real world RMT into the game and that's a bad thing.. Thanks for reading....
  2. Malleria Well-Known Member

How exactly are they ruining the game? If EQ2 was heavily contested I could really get behind you, but it's not. EQ2 is 99% instanced content now. How can they possibly be bothering you when they're in their own instances? The only effect I personally get from people botting is a steady supply of SLR items I gladly pick up for my alts. Since taking a hiatus from raiding a while back it's nice to have another option to get some choice items.

Krono prices are going up because of ******** buying low and selling high, you can see it happening every day, not because of anything botters are doing.
    Feldon likes this.
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

atm it's more like "as long as they don't steal your kills, soe doesn't care".
    were they doing something like, just sitting in 1 spot in a contested waiting for a mob to spawn? if not then they aren't really doing anything bad.
  4. toschoolforkool Member

See this is whats wrong with this game when people think botting is ok..lol..... and yes kronos increasing is from botters I have personal indepth knowledge thank you very much.. any of you kannkor btw? lol..Another easy way to tell a bot is to pay attention to forced patch days usually not all the time around 10pm est that's when they bots gets there exe updated when sony does a forced patch and then you will start seeing the SLR steadily pick back up. this is very evident on AB.
    I have visited the bot chat room and spied in on there talking about how sony doesn't care that they bot as long as there not drawing attention to themselves like doing open content .. but I have seen multiple bots in SOS contested myself.where is Zaltaroth when we need him? lol.. they blatently give away tshirts at fanfaire so in my mind sony is fine they automate and play since they are getting a mad cut $$$ of all the money they make from new toons.. increased kronos sale etc.....unless something is done about this I take it sony is fine with it.. and if so.. if you cant beat them join them?

and there is one certain person(s) who bots on ab who actually has cleared the expac botting 24 man raids selling fully mystical geared toons at a certain website and ive reported him to no avail.. I going to keep on reporting him till something is done. and btw he knows who he is .. he used to be on the bazaar,, then Freeport now he is on AB been there a while.

Maybe if I get ahold of one of the big gaming news sites and talk about the in depth botting and mass RMT going on then sony will do something about it.. Atleast there I can doa tell all and say the names.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Noting that I do not have more than one account and thus do not multibox, I think you are failing to make the fine distinction between multiboxing (perfectly legal) vs. automation. As long as the player is there with his group of boxed toons, it's legal. He is not AFK while his Super Sekrit Evil Program plays for him.

You might be able to stand close enough with ACT running to get a good parse log and show that the boxed toons are casting at identical, machine operated intervals. If a person is silly enough to tell you in chat channels or tells that they are using bannable software, then you could submit your logs. Otherwise, you have no evidence that anything unusual or wrong is happening.

I do know that some boxers are set up so that one keyboard splits to operate more than one computer, so depending on how you set up your hotkeys, you can push one button and have each of your six toons doing something different. That's not against SOE's rules.

SOE also supports the advanced Logitech keyboards that have a dozen macro keys down the side. I have one. I can set up a key to do an instant deathsave, wait a second, then cast a series of heals. Or one to do all my regular group buffing. Apparently this is okay because I am here at the keyboard mashing buttons.

If you see AND CAN PROVE that a person is botting (as opposed to simply multiboxing), /petition and report them, attaching your evidence. If you see someone selling fully geared toons, it's possible to track the person down (they often use the same handle on multiple forums) and get their real name, address, etc. and then include THAT information when you report them.
  6. Ragna Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you're wrong on this Sig.
    Automated gameplay isn't allowed even if someone is at the keyboard (just to be clear, I'm talking about programs running 1 or more toons when you're playing one - or more - others.) Obviously being at the keyboard will shut 99% of GM's inquistions...

The only "grey" area is when you play with "gaming" mouse/keyboard like G15.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

tech by the rules of Soe, any 3rd part program that changes your gameplay is not allowed, that means anyone using ACT should be banned since it does alter your gameplay since you can make triggers to call out AoEs and stuff like that.
    the question is "does it effect you personally" which the answer is no.
    krono prices may have gone up? it's possible. but we just had an expac, the real money value to plat value will always increase at times like that. thus making kronos more expensive.
    and what have you seen in SoS? were they waiting for you to kill some trash so they could rush in a kill the name you were fighting to? if not then they weren't really bothering you, you just have an issue with their even existence.
    Also, there is no 24 bot raid that is clearing the expac. Which is probably why Soe isn't responded to your reports. they can easily look through their data and see who killed the boss in ToV and who didn't at a given day. a 24 bot raid (if one even exists) hasn't killed Zlan, probably not even close
  8. Ragna Well-Known Member

LOL @ Ucala.

Pretty sure you've been here long enough to know the difference between ACT (which only takes datas from your own log) and other programs that shall not be named.
    Feldon likes this.
  9. Ucala Well-Known Member

no, it's the mere fact that nearly everyone uses ACT which makes it allowed. if you can add triggers to ACT that tell you when to joust, who to cure and when, is that not changing the game? the rules clearly state that is not allowed.
    but again, since everyone and their mom uses it, Soe is fine
  10. Ragna Well-Known Member

I think you misunderstood what SOE means by "changing the game".
    ACT doesn't cure/joust for you, it doesn't "packet-sniff", it doesn't change any datas from or to the server. In fact it doesn't do anything that couldn't be done "by hand". Does it make it easier/faster ? Sure ! But it doesn't "change the game" as SOE means it. (OTHO if you were to use a mod that do nothing but show everyone naked, it would be against the ToS/EULA ;) )
    Feldon likes this.
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

making it easier is like the definition of altering game play
  12. toschoolforkool Member

Yes a 24 man bot crew has cleared the expac... what you all fail to realize is that bots play actually better than any human since any raid mob in everquest 2 can be scripted out to perform each action to perfection.. and this bot program does just that..You all are clueless....im sitting in there chat room as we speak watching them talk and a couple guilds using the bots have cleared the expac but there smart they don't put there kills on any website that tracks that kind of stuff like eq2 raiding etc...there 2 grouping PK with bots which I think is reasonable anyway but when you say you know they haven't cleared the expac I tell you I have been in the raids with a bot clearing all of the content in TOV that can be cleared..mind you the ones I was in with were 2 people boxing 2x groups each with me getting updates etc.....but quit trying to spread false rumord about bots unless your one of the people who use them? and I also know of a top WW guild that has actually had someone run an entire group with his bots so they could clear the TOV content when people weren't logging on...
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

you do know that the current progression site tracks the kills of guilds straight from the game, right? people don't actually submit kills anymore.
  14. toschoolforkool Member

Really how come my guild kills aint on there? hmmm? don't LOL
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

what's your guilds name?
  16. toschoolforkool Member

how come maximation from AB isn't on the raid progression thing but if you go to eq2wire and check out there guild achievements you see that they have cleared the expac I believe unless I missing some mobs..
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

you mean these people?
    [IMG]
    by the picture, they haven't even killed the first boss in AS yet
  18. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Ragna, Sorry but you are wrong. SoE have posted in the past that they have no issue with multiboxing as long as the player is at the KB, exactly as Sig. described.

Also you might want to read Luperza's post at https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2...za-everquest-2s-new-community-manager.546259/

Paricularly this section:
    EQ2 and Me As far as EverQuest 2 goes, I have been an avid EverQuest 2 player since way before I ever worked at SOE! I’m a bit of an alt-a-holic and I enjoy multi-boxing my whole group. Call me anti-social, but I call it efficient! I currently have a level 95 Defiler, Shadowknight, Dirge, Coercer, Inquisitor, Wizard and Paladin. I’ll be making a new public character that I hope to play with all of you!

suka and Feldon like this.
  19. Avianna Well-Known Member

Multiboxing is not against eula however splitting a keyboard over multiple computers is. Problem is proving it. Also actively sitting at the keyboard while a third party program pushes buttons for you is also against eula. Actively playing one toon while a third party program plays other toons for you is also against eula. Looking like the crazy cat lady at double cards bingo night with a dobber in each hand mashing multiple toons buttons on several different keyboards is not against eula.

But this issue came up a while back in a thread and a red stated simply one button press = one action on one character. Anything beyond that is against eula.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

As for whether your guild shows up in the guild rankings, you have to have a certain number of people present from one guild for it to automatically register. If you are in a raid alliance of some sort, you may need to manually submit yoiur kills. This isn't difficult at all, one person in the raid submits, and one or more others verify that submission.

The real problem about supposed illegal automation in EQ2 that it's really difficult to prove. The guy who is in "their chat room" needs to either audio record or screenshot or whatever, and include that documentation with his /petition. Because you do know that you can attach files to /petitions, right? Otherwise it's just your word vs. theirs. There's also financial math: does customer service choose to P.O. one guy paying for six accounts, or one person complaining with one account?

I have ONE account, and I do not multibox (dang, I still fall off cliffs sometimes, how the heck does anyone manage a group?) But how is a multibox group hurting me?

If a 'boxer is killing all the mob(s) I need for some quest update, I send a tell to each member of the group saying, "Hey, I need those Winged Whatevertheyares for a quest, can you take a short break and let me advance my quest?" If I get no answer and no change in behavior, I /petition based on them blocking my quest progress. I could care less whether it's one jerk or six.

A 'boxer crushing raids? Color me dubious. But even if some 'boxer has amassed 24 accounts and has magical software to make them all work together as a raid, it doesn't stop me from raiding, doesn't stop me from enjoying raid time, doesn't prevent me from winning loot. If he's exploiting in an instance, it's no skin off MY nose, because he's not interfering with anything I am doing. After a certain amount of time, as the top-end guilds on each server become fully geared up, they'll often put the zones they've whipped on "farm status" and SLR all the loot they don't need. It doesn't hurt me whether it's Fatality selling loot rights, or some overautomated yahoo. If I want the stuff they sell, I might buy it. Or, since I raid, I might not, since I can probably get whatever it is for DKP instead of plat soon enough, /shrug.

Explain EXACTLY what harm other people cheating in a PVE environment causes you.
    Avahlynn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.