Everportal

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Bella22, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Bella22 New Member

The Everportal looks like a very cool handy item, but it is a real shame that it is not available with the collector's edition for $89. $50 extra for a portal is quite steep. Also it only gives one. That one would probably be put in a guild hall. I wish DB would reconsider this and make it avail for the $89 edition. Thanks.
  2. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I wish they would reconsider and make it one per CHARACTER. The portals have always been so in the past; I'm not sure why they changed it this time, except that they want to put everything behind a paywall, and force you to only play on one server.
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

One per server would also be acceptable - lots of us prefer to play on more than one server. I get bored just playing on one!
    Momo, Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

That would be a LOT more difficult to implement than one per character. And since these things HAVE been one per character in the past, I don't see why, more and more, they've been making things one per account that never used to be so.
    Momo and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

DB has a way of cutting its own throat with many of its decisions. The Everportal is just one such instance of a good idea poorly implemented so that it ends up creating ill will among the player base. Of course they might change that by launch date but DB has a history of being incredibly stingy when it comes to rewards and xpacs.

Many of DB's decisions go against everything I was taught, in business school, about how to develop a loyal following. I can only assume that at least some of the senior decision makers have never taken business courses. It is really a shame because the game has suffered because of lack of business sense.
    Juraiya, Momo, HadleysHope and 4 others like this.
  6. trollanfrog Member

I wish this game didn't cost more than a triple A title and offer less and still want a monthly subscription to have fun, but that's just wishing lol
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Having the portal at least be one per server would be ideal. I could still enjoy playing on different servers without making do on expansion perks.

They're already doing a limited number with the beta rewards. They could follow suit on however they are implementing the rewards and do the same for the portals.

I do agree it would be preferable to have one per character.

note - they already started the trend of limited expac rewards with KA statue - my timing could be off, but it's been done already.
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.