Evernight Abbey

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Loxosceles Reclusa, Nov 20, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Loxosceles Reclusa Guest

Great Job on this Zone Kendar! The zone is huge and a ton of fun.
    The Caretaker (not really a spoiler).
    Interesting mob, every so often a coffin will explode sending a burning vampire running around the zone screaming (my PTSD theropist is gonna love this). This followed by an Focus AE that drains power and and hit for 4424. We really couldn't figure out what to do with this mob so we just straight out burned him. The biggest complaint I have here is, there was a shiny on the floor in front of the caretaker that when you kill him the wall opens up behind him covering the shiny. My poor friend about lost her mind because she couldn't harvest the shiny. So if you start receiving death threats, it's probably her.
    The Boss mob (kind of a spoiler)
    He's surrounded by 5 non-agro vamps. The key to the non-agro vamps is you need to kill them in the room directly behind them or they will repop. Each one of the vamps (upon death) gives up their power to their coffin that you can use. Btw if you have an open box on your hot bar you weill get the spell icon. I suggest the tank taking the pet spell. The named will charm you (the tank) for 2 mins, if you have the pet he will charm the pet or bring 2 tanks. The named will say something to the effect of "feel the power of the sun" Remember, you are a vampire to get into his room! Run away! The named can only be damaged in his room. This the best fight I've had in a long time, it's alot of fun.
    Pythoness Olsa,
    This named is the hardest mob in the zone in my opinion. On the level with the last named in Veksar. She's linked to 2 82 ^^^ and her routine is always the same and it wiped us 8 times. Agro, linked adds come, she casts dumbfire snakes (3 that hit for 2K a piece) charge the tank, AE Stun (uncureable seems zonewide healers couldn't get out of range of it), level drain 3 to 5 lvls, Game over. Everytime. We never did kill her. What we did though is with the necro and troub in the group have them each charm her linked adds and FD (tinkered item or spell) let everyone else wipe or FD if they have it and let the named kill the adds. That should give you about 2 pulls without the adds, although we still couldn't beat her we did get her to 40% before we wiped. Any stat on this mob would be most helpful
    edit spelling
  2. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

I agree, the zone is a blast. Kudos to timetravelling and anyone else who worked on it. Very cool effects around that whole Lord Thex fight.
    I would suggest the tank take the spell that does damage to the mob and also heals over time (4% per tick!) and let someone else take the pet. Or ... have everyone take them all ... although that hopefully/probably won't be possible much longer.
    We wiped on Pythoness once because that level debuff was nasty, but we had killed the linked adds and the next pull was fine. Didn't do anything fancy. That's not a very helpful strat, I know. I was glad I wasn't a healer.
  3. ARCHIVED-Loxosceles Reclusa Guest

DOH, sorry Time and everyone else I failed to mention, didn't mean to leave you hanging. Nice Zone
  4. ARCHIVED-Idako Guest

heehee she's not an easy one thats for sure. Def. worst named in zone. Not sure if the adds can be mezzed imagine they can.
    The mobs AE is a pain, best option is to avoid.
    When we killed the mob we had SK(myth), Wizzy(myth), Assasin, Ranger(myth), Troub, Mystic. Mystic poped a AoE immune item from the city merchant and when the adds came we'd have the wizard hit them with his undispellable AoE slow and proceed to run in circles pegging them off while everyone else burned the named. Kinda a clown show but it got the job done without casualties.
    Now keep in mind that was still with about 20k group dps and 2k hps, for lower dps groups you'd want a mezzer and some sort of chainable AE avoid/Stun resist. Like have a templar sanc, then AE immune self, then have the tank Tsumami/divine aura or ToS or something then rinse and repeat. Will take a fair amount of skill either way... I'll bet money the ae can be timed or has a signal of sorts to help along the way (or he's just bugged to hell, you never really know for sure :p).
    But great zone overall, lots of fun. End boss is really a well designed fight.
  5. ARCHIVED-Aquilistor Guest

We must've been wickedly lucky on the Pythoness then. We downed her the first pull. Group was an odd one, Guard, Dirge (me), Ranger, Illusionist, Coercer, Warden.
    The Coercer had a charmed werewolf from one of the jail cells, but it broke almost immediately (dispelled or something). We burned her down with the adds (and charmed WW) mezzed. It got a tad mucky at the last when a mezz broke at the wrong time but we recovered.
    Definitely a fun zone. This and Nu'roga (once Bricktop and the Crusader item bugs get fixed) are my favorites so far. Keirax The Energy Weilder is too fun as well... gosh I think I like them all!!!
  6. ARCHIVED-Armmiller Guest

did the zone the other night -- IMO it is a fun zone -- but largely wasted -- the zone is huge and really needs more names/quests to justify its size. The loot we got in there was very blah.
    As for the names mentioned by the op -- for the caretaker I didnt see any flaming vamps - maybe its bugged or just a graphical effect? The boss mob imo is prob the most fun instance'd fight that i've had to date - had a very raid feel to it. Finally the snake lady is clearly the hardest mob in the zone -- we didnt really work out a script for her, but waht we did was kill the adds then when she killed us , we then went back and pulled her without the adds. When she spawned the snake pets we found that they were targetable and could be killed very quickly. Ultimately we were just able to burn her.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dreamaria Guest

Don't know what the poster had in the group, but Pythosess Olsa was cake, killed it second pull and our tank went LD about a quarter into the fight, no deaths on that pull.
    Recommend an enchanter for a clean pull is all.
  8. ARCHIVED-JalentSko Guest

I haven't had a chance to run this one yet. I am looking forward to it!
  9. ARCHIVED-DonnyOddlegs Guest

Pythoness Olsa appears to have been made quite a lot easier. No adds, no delevel and no AE stun. A basic tank & spank affair rather than the multi-wipe road block she was a couple of weeks ago.
  10. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

I was there a couple of weeks ago.
    We had problems with pythoness so left her, and eventual came to the room from the other side. From there we found easier to clear the other groups, after which we were able to kill here. Her delevel was the main problem.
  11. ARCHIVED-Godofthunder Guest

Was wondering if there is a bug in this zone? last 2 times i have gone in this zone no shinies up at all and this is with new zone not after the zone was complete and also the pages for the list mission were not up at all.
  12. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

FD class in group?
  13. ARCHIVED-vinere Guest

Hint... Clear strait to boss, and get abilitys.. then go back to Pyth... Makes this zone cake.
  14. ARCHIVED-SinjenTrachion Guest

We cleared this instance last night and I noticed that my aa exp bar never moved. Is the exp for killing the mobs that low in this instance? I did not even gain 1% the whole zone. The only exp I got last night was from turning in the missions. This wasn't my first trip to Abbey, but with the amount of mobs in thezone surely there should have been some exp bar movement.
  15. ARCHIVED-JalentSko Guest

Solathan, I am pretty sure I got AA when I did it but there are not a ton of named either. Got to do this zone 2x now and it is pretty fun. I like the boss of the zone the most >). I posted a walkthrough to it here:
    http://downloadonlygamer.com/2009/0...vernight-abbey/
  16. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

A mezzer and a tank that can really take a hit help alot on the Pythoness. Everyone bringing a pet from the Boss room and killing her last helps too.