Everfrost Endeavors

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Feara, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Elyshka Senior Guide

While standing at the broker, perusing his wares, you feel a slight tugging on your cloak. You turn around to find a Halfling dressed in green, holding out a piece of parchment that is covered with scribbles.

Pardon me, friend. I think you dropped something? *smiles*
    • Friday, June 21st around 10 am - Citizen, Qeynos needs YOU to help quell the gnoll menace! Recruits should organize outside the main entrance to the Blackburrow Den in Antonica. Young adventurers are encouraged to come cut their teeth and cull the curs!
    • Friday, June 21st around 4 pm - Haldun's calling an emergency harvesting committee! The ale kegs are running dry! Grab your haversacks and head to the Timorous Deep for more details.
    • Saturday, June 22nd around 12 pm - A frosty diva will be popping by New Halas with fashion tips to take you from drab to fab! Sashay your way to the Frostfang Sea, and be prepared to turn and work, fashionistas!
    • Saturday, June 22nd around 8 pm - A frantic gnome has been seeking brave adventurers to locate some precious research that's been misplaced. Interested folk can find him in the New Combine Foothold camp in the Withered Lands. (As with all things Gnomish, safety is NOT guaranteed, particularly for folks with less than 90 seasons experience. Tinkerspark Tinkertronics is not responsible for loss of life, limb, or lederhosen.)
    • Sunday, June 23rd around 11 am - Tragedy has befallen the Loresinger clan, as one of their most prized tomes of lyrics has been damaged. Following a tip that the artisans in the Village of Shin know a few things about precious books, Odelyn has traveled to the Isle of Mara in search of assistance.
    • Sunday, June 23rd around 4:30 pm - Did you know that the first thing that dragons begin collecting for their hoard are stories? It's true! Don't believe me? Visit Spire Island in the Sundered Frontier and see for yourself!
    The Halfling turns and departs quickly, giggling as if she knows a secret.
    Feara likes this.
  2. NanaranEverfrost New Member

I would LOVE to babysit some baby dragons, would that be possible soon? ;)
  3. Elyshka Senior Guide

Due to some minor squirrels hiccups in the works, our fashion diva has been delayed. She's going to take this opportunity to do a bit of shopping for accessories and hopes that you'll forgive her absence.

((This quest will be run at some point later today, though I cannot give an exact time due to log in server issues and the great possibility that some people *coughMEcough* have a tendency to get distracted by shiny things... so just bear with us and if you feel the air grow noticeably cooler, keep this in mind.))
  4. NanaranEverfrost New Member

Code:
    http://i41.tinypic.com/md0exk.jpg
    :D We had fun telling a story with the baby dragon!
  5. Nitestar Member

I happened to be up in the Withered Lands yesterday on an alt and helped that gnome who lost his papers. How in the world did he find himself in all those areas?! Took me forever to find those papers! I am just glad he gave me his "real" journal by mistake! It was a very fun quest with a great reward! I am so glad I was in the area!
  6. Nitestar Member

Freeport docks! Dang I was waiting in the Commonlands! Next time!
  7. Tyndaleon Member

That was fun....and I can only imagine the look on Zaden's face when he woke up from that dream! o_O
  8. Elyshka Senior Guide

It seems that the latest tinkered gizmo has caused quite the ruckus amongst the bibliophiles, and one young scholar is planning to take matters into her own hands. It is rumored that she'll be in Qeynos Harbor on Wednesday, June 26th around 4 pm, in search of something very near and dear to her heart.
  9. Elyshka Senior Guide

Oh my word, y'all! The Gnomish pictograph machine has been working overtime lately! Picture postcards have been flooding in from across Norrath from grateful folks that you, the citizens of Everfrost, have helped! I've posted one below, but check them all out on the Guide Program Facebook page!

[IMG]
    NanaranEverfrost likes this.
  10. Elyshka Senior Guide

All around the gossipin' bush, the Halfling chased the rumor!
    The Halfling though 'twas all in fun...
    So she tackled it around the knees and tickled it until it gave up a few of its secrets...

• (TODAY) Saturday, June 29th around 1:30 pm - Calling all craftsmen! A rather clumsy bard is seeking assistance organizing supplies for his Next Great Concert (tm). If you're handy with a hammer, head over to the Antonica and find our friend near the gates to North Qeynos.
    • (TODAY) Saturday, June 29th around 5 pm - Ah, summer! There's nothing like it to bring the stinky, sweaty tourists out in droves. Trying to escape the sweltering heat of the swamp, one *ahem* lovely young troll lady is making her way to the Frostfang Sea to see the sites and she's hoping that there will be some tour guides in the area to safely show her around.
    • Sunday, June 30th around 4 pm - Let's see... she's got a lovely leaf blanket, some romantic candles, a satchel full of... Umm, where's that satchel? A sweet lady Fae needs your help to ensure the success of her summer picnic. Don your gathering gloves and make haste to Kelethin if you can help!
    Feara likes this.
  11. Feara Well-Known Member

Love your write ups Elyshka - thank you - and the times are actually doable :)
  12. Elyshka Senior Guide

Bless that poor girl's heart!

News that the tinkerer's invention is flying off the shelves (sometimes literally, because you know... Gnomes *shrugs*) has left our book lover in complete despair. She's returning to Qeynos Harbor this evening, around 6 pm in search of more kind souls eager to help her save these most precious of things.

And, while we're speaking of the Gnomes and their wacky creations, strap on your flight goggles and head on over to the Thundering Steppes starting this Thursday, July 4th, and all during the weekend. The Gnomish pirates will be holding an Aether Racing celebration. The track will only be up for 6 hours each day before having to come down for repairs, so be aware of the following times:

• Thursday - 8 am until 2 pm
    • Friday - 12 pm until 6 pm
    • Saturday - 3 pm until 9 pm
    • Sunday - 10 am until 4 pm
    If you see any of the pirates milling about the track, be sure to say hello! They always love a good story about the races!
    NanaranEverfrost and Feara like this.
  13. Jeslan New Member

Are these times Pacific? So glad to see more guide activities on Everfrost! I can't wait to see some of the housing items quests like the axe recipes and such. The book of limericks and candlestick were awesome!

Thank you :)
  14. Elyshka Senior Guide

Exactly right, Khatay! Unless otherwise specified, all Guides adhere to Qeynos Standard Time ((or Pacific Time, as it is known in the great realm called San Diego. *grins*))
    Feara likes this.
  15. Rosita Senior Guide

Tomorrow (7/8/13) a young swimmer will be checking out the competition. And just to make it a little tougher, she will be testing you out in the fridge waters of Halas. Meet her at the docks at Piligrims Landing around 4pm (pst), if you think you have what it takes!!
  16. Elyshka Senior Guide

Things are heating up on Everfrost, friend! We've got folks from all around going at it all pugilist style right along side others coming together as one to help give back to their community. I tell you what, it's certainly going to be a busy few days coming our way!
    • Saturday, July 13th around 2 pm - I hope you're not afraid of heights... This stage of the Festival will challenge both your bravery as well as your accuracy (and quite possibly, your sanity!) Grab your griffon riding gear and your favorite drinking mug and meet at the N'Marr's Ascent griffon station in Nektulos Forest. GERONIMO!
    • Sunday, July 14th from 8 am until 4 pm [Player Event!] - <Kindred Souls> invites you to join them for their annual "Give Back Days" in celebration of three wonderful years together as a guild. Make sure you stop by the maroon welcome tent just off the docks in the Village of Shin so you can get your guide to the events that they have planned!
    • Monday, July 15th from 8 am until 4 pm [Player Event!] - It's day two of the <Kindred Souls> Give Back Days celebration. If you didn't get an opportunity to stop by yesterday, be sure to stop by and say hello!
    • Monday, July 15th around 4:30 pm - Aye, you're all big and strong with that fancy armor of yours... but what happens if we take that away? The Festival of Might challenges all comers to a duel - IN YOUR UNDERPANTS! Bwahaha! For those who think they have what it takes, head to the Frostfang Sea and shiver in your skivvies!
    Stay sharp, hero! You never know when someone will pop up needing your help!
    (And don't forget - all times refer to US Pacific/San Diego time zone... Stay classy, Norrath!)
  17. Elyshka Senior Guide

Oh dear! It seems that the griffon riders got into their stash of ale meant for the contest and one of them underestimated the distance from the griffon to the ground and... Yeesh, it's not pretty. The not-so-high flying aces have accompanied their compatriot to the healers and won't be able to make it today. Sincerest apologies are sent, along with what appears to be a tooth that was knocked loose? Now what am I supposed to do with this thing? Ewww!
  18. Elyshka Senior Guide

Elm or Briarwood? Blue or Green? Draperies or bare windows? ARGH! What is a new homeowner to do?

If you have a knack for interior design, this poor ratonga needs your help! Meet him near the Silver Leaf Inn in Kelethin on Tuesday, July 16th around 3 pm to lend your expertise.
  19. Elyshka Senior Guide

Terrible, calamitous, crashing sounds assault your ears. Fearing for the safety of the little halfling in the tiny, round house with the open front door, you rush inside, quick to lend a hand in shooing-off any danger from within. From under a mountain of saucepans, discarded slippers, and other miscellany, a tiny fist clutching a small, leather-bound book punches into the air...

I KNEW it was in here somewhere! It must have slid under the sofa when I fell asle... Oh! Hiya! Didn't mean to scare you. :oops:
    I'd just misplaced my calendar, and with Tinkerfest cranking up tomorrow, I knew that I'd better find it quick!
    • Friday, July 26th around 1 pm - Gnomeland Security will be a-buzz with activity, what with Tinkerfest underway, and this clever inventor is hoping to take advantage of the added foot traffic by recruiting folks to help with a bit of research. Look for the lass in the green feathered cap, not far from the mailbox.
    • Saturday, July 27th around 10 am - Do you like things that go kaboom? That fellow hanging around the outskirts of the Moors of Ykesha Tinkerfest portal sure does. In fact, he's not even allowed back into Gnomeland Security after that last incident. He's going to need some help stocking up on his supplies and will be seeking some rather discreet folks to do it!
    • Saturday, July 27th around 7 pm - Ow! All this cog gathering sure puts a strain on the back, doesn't it? Perhaps some of the folks passing by Inventor's Overlook in East Freeport might be convinced to part with a few of theirs... for a price, of course. It IS Freeport, after all.
    • Sunday, July 28th around 2 pm - The Pirates of Ak'Anon never be takin' time off durin' a time such as these, ARR! Keep your eyes peeled for that sultan of swagger, Gilmort Goodboom, in the Tenebrous Tangle if yer lookin' ta fly th' friendly skies!
    • Tuesday, July 30th around 4:30 pm - Hrm... Did the plexsistor sprocket turn clockwise or counter-clockwise? What happens if I touch this? Uh oh. I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to explode like that. Care to help an apprentice inventor sort out his bot woes? Head over to the Thurgadin docks... and perhaps you should bring a flammable object exterminatronic device?
    Hrm... well, I haven't updated my calendar in the last several days, so who knows what sort of gossip I missed! Be sure to keep your eyes and ears open for all sorts of Norrathian mischief!

Elyshka turns back to her mess and sighs, knowing that everything will need to be put back in its proper place. A small gasp escapes her lips as she mutters to herself, "I wonder if the gnomes have an app for that?"
    Feara likes this.
  20. Elyshka Senior Guide

I just heard from the inventor in Freeport and she mentioned that her back was troubling her far more than she had realized. (Of course, this is what happens when you spend many hours stooped over and staring at the ground, but I wasn't about to point that out to her. She looked rather cross.) She's decided to make her way back home for a long soak in the tub and an early night, hoping that the crick in her back settles soon. She sends her most sincere apologies.
    Feara likes this.