EU Server Consolidation FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hassu New Member

"Q: How will we be able to retain names if others have the same name?
    A: In the event of duplicate character names during a server consolidation, priority will be given to the character who has logged in to the game within the past sixty (60) days. If multiple characters have logged in within the past sixty (60) days, then the character which was created first will retain their name. Other same-named characters will have an "X" (or several) added to their names automatically until their name is unique. Each player that is auto-renamed this way will get a rename potion to change their name"

Would this be good time to rename old names for chars that havent been used for ex. in 8 years or so ? Would that rename potion be better just to give everyone as some old players might want to change their old character name to something else but didnt want to buy the potion.
  2. Alarra Well-Known Member

Quests will be impossible to understand for them. I play with a Chinese guild on Halls of Fate, some know English, some don't. The ones that don't ask the ones that do understand how to do something or they use google translate with the eq2wiki.

If I want to use Japanese characters on US servers I have to first write it into notepad then copy and paste it to the chat. Taking off "Smooth Fonts" in UI options allows you to see the characters.
    The reason for the block letters is that EQ2 doesn't use a UTF-8 font by default. By disabling this option it changes the display font.

However I would love it if we could set our own font for the UI as the one for Japanese font can be a little hard to see.
    Also, I would love to use the IME directly in EQ2 like I can on Sebillis server.

I remember being able to change to English logging for ACT by changing the locale folder when on the Japanese server, and it also changed most of the game to English as well which I seem to feel means that the game does store most of the translations locally.

I will have to check it on live and see if I can make my UI Japanese by copying over the locale folder/files and launching it from the exe file as opposed to launcher. Don't hold your hopes up too high though.

開発者はいい環境を作成するといいな~、そうじゃないとSebilisの皆さんは全員同時にゲームから消える気がします。
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. octi New Member

hello !

plaese, translate the all FAQ in french language for correct enderstand all this modification

thank
  4. Lasse New Member

I really looking forward to this server merge, on Splitpaw the grouping has been gone for years especially noticable when ToV was released. A month of perhaps extra lag is ok as long as the consolidation to NEW servers (which many seem to have missed) isn't delayed. (New hardware, yummie!)
    Language have always been and will continue to be an issue for some, russian guilds will probably continue be russian, just as german and french. And some of any nationality will go look for new guilds, good players that will be in such high demand on Splitpaw as every active guild, both raiding and non-raiding, is spamming the channels for new recruits/members.

To be frank, this is the best news in years!! :)
    Maevianiu likes this.
  5. Korucuu Well-Known Member

6. Zacatl Coatl New Member

Translation : we don't care about non-english players, go find another game.

Traduction : nous n'avons rien à faire des joueurs qui ne lisent pas l'anglais, il vaudrait mieux qu'ils cherchent un autre jeu.

Ten years here, all access, lot of money spend, attract new players, and all is gone now because of the lazyness of people we can trust in the past. Not anymore. Playing alone again or not playing...
  7. Armageddoux Active Member

Déjà fait et à consulter sur : http://www.guerrier-celeste.fr/le-serveur-europeen-la-faq.html

Toutes les traductions de notes de mises à jour ainsi que des courriers et billets importants sont fait sur le site de la guilde Guerrier Celeste de Storms quasiment au jour le jour et bénévolement (pas sponsorisé par Daybreak Games)
  8. Armageddoux Active Member

9. Numagga New Member

Da ich nicht wirklich Lust habe in Englisch zu schreiben eben in Muttersprache.
    Warum Server zusammenlegen wenn die Leute die da ankommen die Sprache nicht verstehen?
    Am Ende sind das doch dann nurnoch mehr Spieler die gehen.

Ich finde das wie sicher auch viele andere mehr als schlecht. Im Grunde ist es sogar diskriminierend für alle die kein Englisch lesen oder schreiben können.

Erst dieses mehr als enttäuschende DLC und dann so ein Mist.
    Gebt mir mein Geld zurück dann könnt ihr weiter solchen Blödsinn machen.
  10. Jannish Member

Die deutsche Community wird ihre schlüsse daraus ziehen.
    Nahezu 50% meiner Gilde werden EQ2 nicht weiter spielen.
    Fehlende Lokalisation ist nichts für deutsche Spieler,ebenso Franzosen haben damit ihre Probleme.
    So eine Entscheidung,kurz bevor Black Dessert(welches komplett Lokalisiert ist) im Westen released wird,ist das dümmste was man machen kann.

Zu Spielerbindung trägt diese Entscheidung mit sicherheit nicht bei!
    Sturmlocke, Sala93, Jaden and 4 others like this.
  11. Brax Active Member

Black Desert ist ganz sicher KEINE Option, da es dort im High Level Bereich PvP Pflicht gibt.

Black Desert is no option. As high level you have to play pvp style.
  12. Pantero Member

Oh !!! tu n'es pas payé toi ? dommage moi si :D
  13. Lavanda New Member

Hello, I am plaing on the server Barren sky over 10 years and didn't change the nickname all that time. Soon EU Server Consolidation will occure and I plan keep my nickname. But someone has occupied the nickname, having created the character of the 1st level yesterday. Is it possible to return a nickname to me, if my character is more older and active?
    Character name on the Russian language, but recently, caused EU Server Consolidation my nickname must have english transcription.
  14. Armageddoux Active Member

Tu n'as pas honte ?? :p
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Pantero like this.
  15. Rynda Active Member

I don't know what linguistical expertise DBG has consulted prior to making this decision but merging Russian, German, French and English and expecting it to work (if they do expect it to work) is not just naive but plain stupid.

The result will be that non English speakers will leave the game as it will be rendered impossible for them to play content not translated to their language. Furthermore, this will not provide a larger player base that can play together due to language barriers.

Over the years I have been in guild with Russian, French and German players and all but a handful left again as we couldn't keep a satisfactory level of communication i.e. not even the necessary basic.

This is not about server "consolidation", this is about reducing costs including those for translations. It is once again a decision that will aggravate players making them leave, DBG will lose funding and the game's reputation will suffer further.
  16. Orjolares New Member

Hallo Daybreak!
    Ich spiele EQ2 seit Erscheinen 2004 - Solo, mit der Gilde, in Gruppen, im Raid.
    Die Entscheidung, alle Server zusammenzulegen und nur noch in Englisch anzubieten, kann ich aufgrund finanzieller Hintergründe noch als "gar nicht anders machbar" irgendwie nachvollziehen.
    Der Punkt "EverQuest II is best with friends" wird aber sein "There will be no Everquest II anymore". Wenn man im Europäischen noch argumentieren könnte, Lateinische Buchstaben ("English Alphabet Letters") und Englisch sind gängig, so wird die Russische Spielergemeinschaft ebenso wie die Japanische mit dieser Entscheidung so was vor den Kopf gestossen, da sie gezwungen werden eine Sprache zu verstehen, die grundsätzlich erst einmal außerhalb Ihres Kulturkreises ist.

In Folge wage ich zu behaupten, dass Ihr so viele zahlende Spieler verlieren werdet, dass selbst der Betrieb der zusammengelegten europäischen Servers sich nicht mehr finanzieren wird - womit dann engültig EQ2 am Ende sein wird.
    Wie ein anderer Poster schon schrieb, ist es auch mir nicht verständlich, warum es keine lokalisierten Clients geben kann, die auf ein und den selben Server zugreifen – so wie alle aktuell erscheinenden, auch Free-2-Play MMOs es vormachen.

Ich bin zwar noch offen und gespannt, was kommen und passieren wird – aber ich sehe ziemlich schwarz.

Und da ich zwar des Englischen mächtig bin, aber gerne den Effekt eines nicht-in-Muttersprache-Spieles verdeutlichen möchte, habe ich dies hier eben in meiner Muttersprache gepostet und fordere Euch hiermit auf:

Translate this post yourself, see and realize how much "fun" it is when you are not able to fluidly understand what the poster is telling you.

Thanks for your time.
  17. Amaitae Active Member

If the game engine does not support multiple languages to be active at the same time then it is time to change the game engine to support that.
    Sala93, Igochan, chattie and 5 others like this.
  18. Armageddoux Active Member

and

Localisation files are located in subdirectory named locale and there are 4 files for each language,
    For French : fr_fr_data.dat, fr_fr_data.dir, fr_fr_dict.dat and fr_fr_dict.dir
    For German : de_de_data.dat, de_de_data.dir, de_de_dict.dat and de_de_dict.dir
    For English : en_us_data.dat, en_us_data.dir, en_us_dict.dat and en_us_dict.dir

it's seems apparently not so difficult to have only 4 files : data.dat, data.dir, dict.dat and dict.dir which are simply updated by the four original files (downloaded once after each upgrade) depending on a simple flag in eq2.ini

May be I am totally wrong but this files seems to contain all the sentences and the mix between them for fully implement a multi language usage for EQ2

Of course I do not know what is behind in the body of the programs, .... maybe someone could explain us where is the real difficulty of the problem ?
    chattie and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Armageddoux Active Member

Ia Ich kann es sagen : mit translate.Google.com es ist einfach nichts zu verstehen (Entschuldigung für meine schlechte Deutsch kaum besser als mein Englisch) ;)
  20. Tabbyclouds Member

Guilds

Q: What happens to items that I own, but I’ve placed in my Guild Hall?
    A: Players should pick up soulbound (NoTrade) items from shared housing (such as Guild Halls) BEFORE the merge. This will prevent losing ownership of placed items during this merge.

We have many items in our guild hall that are no trade items but belong to a small group of family members. If we are all happy to leave them in there, what happens to them? Do they then "belong" to one person or disappear? Or are no longer No Trade?

Thanks in advance
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.