EU Server Consolidation FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellspiller New Member

Thanks Ragna, I'll give it a shot.. hopefully I can remember a password from back then.
  2. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Noob question - I have a bunch of characters on Splitpaw, but I also have a ton of toons on Valor. Will I get extra character slots to handle them all once the servers become one?
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

From today's Update Notes:
  4. qwe456 New Member

Oh sorry daybreak. It seems at first I got angry again, and then began to understand. Description patchnoutov we have not written. Havernoe none of this and did not know. Maybe there is a chance to run the client. Before turning off the server 1 a day, it is necessary to have time to find out.
  5. Korucuu Well-Known Member

We're almost there! Be interesting to see if the downtime etc will be the same as the other mergers. But time will tell!
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

How many Russian players will continue to play with a 160% price increase? Due to the cost of living in Russia, an EQ2 subscription will now cost the US equivalent of $35 a month*. Have most Russian players purchased many years of subscription back when there were endless Double and Triple StationCash promotions?

* Those who say "well they should pay the same price we pay" will receive a lesson in economics and possibly a club to the forehead.
  7. Korucuu Well-Known Member

To those that did not take advantage of the sale period (which I am sure there are many).

The sale prices were:

EverQuest II - code for 30 days - 399 rubles. discount 11.14% $5.93
    EverQuest II - code for 90 days - 1199 rubles. Discount 7.7% $17.81
    EverQuest II - code for 180 days - 2199 rubles. Discount 4.35% $32.67

According to the Google translation of the website: "All keys can be activated until 30 March, with everything that has been activated will continue to your account after the entry into force of the changes that will take place the 1st of April. Thus, you can pre-pay for a subscription for a long period of time and recharge your DayBreak Cash balance at a bargain price, so have time to do everything before March 30!"

So although I do not disagree with your thoughts, as when any discounted subscription runs out, they will need to pay the highly inflated price, but I think there are savvy Russians who did use this to their advantage. (and I'm a bit of an eternal optimist lol).

Link: http://gama-gama.ru/News/Details/?number=38885&utm_referrer=http://forums.akella-online.ru/showthread.php?t=43352
  8. RadarX Community Manager

Glad you posted this because it felt weird responding to your tweet 3 days late. Exchange rates are pretty simple to look at (at least for me anyway) but a little harder to keep sustained. Absolutely no argument it's cheaper to live there but a monthly subscription (an annual would have even more value) is probably in the realm of 2 full price movie tickets. A few competing products I looked at are somewhere in the realm of 900 Rubles which is absolutely a hike but not completely out of left field.

These decisions are never easy to make and we do have to make some tough (and unpopular) calls at times. What I believe it comes down to is folks who are passionate about EQ2 and spend the time to get that value will very likely continue to subscribe. Those more casual may not but can still do quite a bit for free.
    Febrith and Kuulei like this.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

wow, hardly seems fair. most of us would not pay more than double for our sub. we would go f2p or off looking for a cheaper game. are other games really that expensive in russia? we love our game, but seems only the rich in russia will get to sub. is there nothing that can be done for them? we know it is a luxury, but sometimes it is the only luxury a retired person in the usa can afford. going to movies is definitely out for most of us
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Also the Terrors of Thalumbra expansion had these costs in Russia:
    • Standard Edition - 1199 rubles ($17.63)
    • Collector's Edition - 2499 rubles ($36.75)
    • Premium Edition - 3999 rubles ($58.81)
    After today, the costs in Russia are:
    • Standard Edition - 2589 rubles (+116% increase)
    • Collector's Edition - 6659 rubles (+166% increase)
    • Premium Edition - 10359 rubles (+159% increase)
    With the cost of living adjustment, the Premium edition now costs the Russian equivalent of $362.57.
    suka likes this.
  11. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I asked this question somewhere near the beginning of this thread and it never got answered, so my guess would be that you will not get the additional slots needed and will therefore most likely after to fork out for more slots or be faced with deleting characters in order to play those you most cherish.
    If this turns out to be the case, then it's a poor judgement call, although I have my doubts that the implications of merging servers from different regions onto a single region merged server, on character slot counts, have never even been considered.
    Berserkerkitten likes this.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

none of us got extra character slots. i had to delete a few of mine before the move. and then had to buy a few slots.
    Berserkerkitten likes this.
  13. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Well that sucks hard....! Thanks for letting me know. :(
  14. Spindle Well-Known Member

Today's currency exchange rate: 30 March 2016

1 USD = 0.88308 EUR Euro
    = 1.303956 AUD Australia
    = 112.447923 JPY Japan
    = 0.693024 GBP Great Britain
    = 6.478806 CNY China
    = 67.806605 RUB Russia
    = 1,142.414341 KRW South Korea
    = 8.161427 SEK Sweden
    = 123.986495 ISK Iceland
    VAT where ever applied is not added to currency exchange

Iceland, South Korea and Japan have worse exchange rates than Russia.
    The European Community and Great Britain have excellent exchange rate.

Many countries = exchange rates all over the board.
    Daybreak is not responsible for international exchange rates.
    I'm sure the cost of living in countries such as Iceland, North Korea, Russia and even Chine and Sweden have a lot to do with why a number of gamers like free to play. Other countries have very close exchange rates and, in my thinking, haven't a leg to stand on with the Gimme, gimme, gimme attitude. Nor do the countries with a lower exchange rate.

My few farthings worth,
    Spin
    (Edit; got my Korea's switched)
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

I knew I could expect posts tinged with ignorance and sarcasm rather than personal experience. Having actually been to St. Petersburg as a tourist and having lived in Denmark for two years, I'd like to think I have an informed perspective on the subject.

The average household income in the United States is $52,000.
    The average yearly salary in Russia is $6,000. If you figure both people work, then that’s $12,000 per year for the household.

Purchasing an EQ2 subscription for 1 year plus the expansion is $158.
    • In the US, $158 is 0.3% of the annual household income.
    • In Russia, $158 is 1.3% of the annual household income.
  16. Febrith Well-Known Member

My 2 coppers is that I think it's awful that people might have to delete characters because they're not merged with the servers. I know I'd hate to part with any of mine - all that work and commitment invested! Surely this can't be right?
    Berserkerkitten and Feldon like this.
  17. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Well, I just deleted some 10 year old characters and it felt like a little something died inside me whenever I hit that delete button. My first character to ever betray Freeport so she could live in Qeynos. My ratonga, who betrayed to become a paladin, back when ratonga were still evil. My sarnak berserker I created the day they were implemented. So many memories, so many characters... but my rosters on both Valor and Splitpaw were full and I don't want random characters to get deleted, so I had to pick some of them by hand. And then the login screen showed them sitting in Ethemere. I just wanna go to bed and cry into my pillow for a bit...
  18. nooooooo Member

Don't know what you people are talking about. They don't get deleted after a merge. You won't be able to play them till you buy more character slots but they don't get deleted.
    Armageddoux likes this.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

OH good gracious, why would you delete them?

I don't know if it will work like the original migration of Freeport to the standard US server set, but we didn't even lose slots. We got slots enough to cover character's we'd had on Freeport.

Even if they don't give slots to cover characters on the different server region sets it will be no different than dropping from all-access to FTP where you have characters over your character slot total locked until you buy more character slots with those logged in last taking the open slots. If you have huge numbers of characters, that can get expensive but certainly easier on the memories than just deleting them.

And just FYI, no one on the US servers during the server merge had to delete anything or buy more slots. All US English region characters from all servers in that region are on the same character slot count.
  20. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

I deleted them because I was told people had to delete some of theirs and buy extra slots for others. Judging by what I'm hearing now, it sounds like there was really no need to delete anything, as all I would have had to do is pay extra to play some old characters, which were never locked before the merge. Which also sucks royally, but it's a bit late now...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.