Ethereals and Celestials in RoS

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Tanto, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

So I was wondering, looking at the gear we've seen so far in RoS beta, are this years Ethereals and BiS Celestial items getting a boost to keep them relevant for a bit of the next xpac? Can we expect some sort of announcement about this at some point?

Both are quite hard fought-for, so it would be strange if we're consigning them to the bin at the start of RoS.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I was wondering about that today as i was comparing stats on quested and looted gear vs. what i was wearing.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I'm told it's been announced on discord that they will be getting a boost. So that's good news.
  4. Ellah Active Member

I’m hoping they might make the coins heirloom...
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

They did that in the past before they introduced the mechanism to upgrade on alts once your main unlocked 3 items to level 5. Hard to say for sure, but last year they did not go heirloom.
  6. Ellah Active Member

Thank you for your kind reply, I really hope they do consider this.

I know a lot of people have had lots of time to play with all going on and Daybreak have offered lots of bonuses and shed a bit of extra love to their players in some very difficult times, and I'm really glad they did, Norrath has been a wonderful escape for so many people at very dark times.

However there are also a lot of people who work in key areas that have been extremely busy for a very long time (and there is maybe a glimmer of hope on the horizon for us now, we shall see). Working in healthcare, I have had very little opportunity to play (logging in and falling asleep on the keyboard doesn't count!) and have missed out on all of those kind, extra touches.

I can't be the only one who, even with GULU, won't have enough coins to max out 3 items on any one toon, but I would have if I could pool them.

It's an easy fix for Daybreak, to make them Heirloom, and I hope they are considering it.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Another positive reason Daybreak should make the coinage Heirloom is that it encourages people to open their wallets to travel to Isle of Refuge and purchase coins, which means a transfer fee in both directions, plus at least a krono or two to sell when they get there for cash.
    Ellah likes this.