Ethereal second wave, tad confused

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Redlight, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Redlight Well-Known Member

The ability to purchase black adorns that only function in raid zones ? Is that it for wave 2 or was something missed with the patch? If you raid this far in the Xpac you would have them and if you dont then they are worthless unless someone forgot the bonuses dont apply,i can think of lots of things that would have made a better option.
  2. Bentenn Well-Known Member

alts lol.. this makes it far easier to get adorns on alts, where most raids won't bring an alt in for a weekly completion, because most high level guilds are getting their t4 mythic kills done and then go back to TLE.. mid-teir guilds are starting t4 mythics and are not wasting time with alts.. this is actually pretty practical as any new jewelry or what not on an ethereal merchant will be worthless in 2 month tops anyway, although so will the black runes.. so whatever.. worked out great for lots of people with alts...

I'm still more curious about the CB added to weapon drops, are they leaving that, and if they do are they updating weapons that have already been attuned and leveled, because if not that will be painful..
    Hiza likes this.
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Wave 2 unlocked the ability to purchase the celestial crate for your class' current 101-110 spells. As well as add black adorn's for alts, but unless you're raiding with that alt, they are pretty useless.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually, they're really only useful for alt accounts or people who recently started raiding. The status and plat cost was removed from the black adorns on unlocked accounts and raid currency is much easier to get access to than ethereal currency, so I expect most alts are buying blacks from the status merchant, not the ethereal merchant.