Ethereal runes too rare for how overpowered they are.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Montag, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Teylothx New Member

I like this idea, though if that seems "too easy" for the devs' liking, I'll suggest an alternative. Group the ethereals by either archetype or in the wave they dropped during the summer that the player could "unpack" and choose their desired rune. So instead of say The One Above dropping, a" Mage ethereal rune" set will drop that you can pick and choose your desired from. You get how it works for the other suggestion..

My point being, there are options. I'm sure many of us see few reasons as to why things have to stay why they are.
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I like idea of unpacking rune on corresponding class. Other thing is - mages have only ONE useful eth rune - Eth Conduit, replacing mage rune on primary with similar to 1 that scouts have (100 fervor proc) would be most certainly nice as well
  3. Anzark Member

That and make all the other ethereal war runes that reset abilities function the same way as the hammer. They can literally remove all the current reset ethereal war runes and just have 1 that does it all.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

It might to much to ask - hammer is mythical after all and rare as hell to drop from 1 shot mob - in 3 month constant killing that mob I never seen single drop I already almost hit cap with DKP and ready to blew them all for that but ... no darn luck.... Eth runes on other hand far far more common hence should be less powerful (imo of course)
  5. Arieva Well-Known Member

Ethereal runes don't reset anything of serious consequence on the conjuror class. I have the essence of duality and I'd like to see the ethereal rune brought up to be in line with the hammer resets or at the very least have the list of things reset for summoners looked at. No swarms, EB. plane shift reset on conjuror for the rune, only spells of any real use is etox (arguably) and soulburn currently.
  6. Anzark Member

The ethereal runes are just as rare as the hammer but it just has more optional names that they can drop from plus you will need two ethereal runes(the right ones i might add) to add up to the myth hammer. So asking for the reset ethereal runes to function like the hammer is not asking much and nor is asking for a 100 fervor ethereal rune to be added for all classes.

The myth hammer will still be highly desirable even if they did the change i suggest here because you will have more options for war rune choices and you will have a higher base stat/infusion value for that weapon then anything else in the game as a weapon.
  7. Rondo9 Active Member

Well it looks like the devs did not take one single bit of feedback from this thread in regards to this thread, I have already farmed close to 500 of the new keys and only had 4 blood iron keys and got **** charms each time. So I have spent close to 6 hours a day for the last 6 days farming keys only to get 1 decent cyan.. Nice job devs still making this game one hell of a grind!
  8. OMFG New Member

I'm wondering, are eth runes still dropping in KP Contested? Some guildies and I spent 4 hours give or take in there and didn't see any. But we did see regular purps which we didn't think we'd ever seen drop in there before, hence the query.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

4 Hours? Try 4 Days and you may see one if lucky.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  10. Azian Well-Known Member

Just felt that last part needed some emphasis. This, of course, is true for any form of the ethereal items too it seems.
  11. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

4 days? I've been after a fervor rune for months, ever since TOT dropped. Haven't seen one yet.
  12. Bord Active Member

Months seems more like it. I solo a lot in kralet contested. Usually 20-25 hours a week for almost 5 months now. I can keep 11 names locked down.

I can't kill the x2's, but for regular names I'm about 4000-4500 kills, and I've seen 1 rune drop ever. I've given up and been praying for runes from keys now instead.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  13. Bord Active Member

And before anyone asks, no I don't mean botting, I mean me and my merc Zelbie
  14. Yards Well-Known Member

There should be a way to get ethereal runes from raiding not just solo and heroic content. Extremely low RNG from keys or contested names being the only way to get these seems rather lame.
  15. Xper Well-Known Member

Or heroic dungeons. I'm fine with them being hard to get, I just dont know why they want us being miserable doing solo quests to get eths when we want to be doing dungeons with groups or raids. Nobody likes contested, and even more of nobody likes grinding key quests.

People are just going to get burnt out and quit if they the have to spend hundreds of hours grinding keys in order to have any reasonable expectation/hope of an eth.
    Azian likes this.
  16. Casca New Member

Hey maybe the devs think that doing over and over those 8 key quests for nothing is what makes this game fun...
    bartlesman likes this.
  17. Eliziana Active Member

Gosh, I guess we're just lucky then. We haven't been in there that much and have had three. However, the point was more that we saw regular purple runes dropping, and we didn't think they usually did in there?
  18. Blackdog Member

I stopped running contested for the eth runes. With heartbound and the ferver i already had i am able to match and even beat the toons with the ferver proc.
    Dont waste your time on running contested for that drop, there are other avenue
    Of course..you have to pay 15 bucks a month for alt to stand next to the statue..you want to be the best tho..right?
  19. Brightlyz Active Member

Even if you were able to get to 100 ferver without the procs (not buying it) Ferver stacks to 200, and you deff cant reach that without the ethereal/hammer.