Ethereal runes too rare for how overpowered they are.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Montag, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Skill is relative and comparing it to things outside the game or suggest it takes literally no knowledge to play well is just silly.

An eth'd out player will have an easier time parsing high than a relatively better skilled, non-ethereal player. I've seen non-ethereal players put up good numbers, but i've seen ethereal players fall backwards into those same numbers.

These need to be removed from 'contested' entirely. The original ones were dropped from instances and no, its not a 'balance' that these are contested and no-trade while the others were dropped in instances, tradable and limited time window. These aren't even comparable concepts.

I'm just hoping the devs learned from their itemization mistakes in ToT release (read;the entirety itemization) and when additional means of gaining ethereal procs are added to the GU they are done right. Specifically not through contested means and with a clear path to earning them that doesn't involve luck.
    duckster likes this.
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

I hope so too but I have lost confidence. ToT was such a screw up on itemization and it really shouldn't have been, it's not like it was new people to the game designing it.

It seems whenever some idea is reasonably well implemented and accepted, they change it the next xpac. And anything that was horrible grind fests, they make a worse one in the next xpac.

I don't know if the devs talk to anyone other than themselves for opinions on their ideas. They certainly don't for this kind of stuff with the Community Council members. They need to though - plenty of people can give valid reasons why purely RNG at tiny chances are not good, yet they refuse to acknowledge things.

I am absolutely sick to death of farming contested. Still not seen a single rune drop.

I'm quite disgusted that the devs can think this kind of rarity is a good thing for player morale and enjoyment. It's like having people work for you for $1 an hour. It breads resentment.
    Gharyn, Feldon and Darkstar like this.
  3. Lithinor Member

They don't want to hear negative feedback
  4. Nkito Well-Known Member

I think adding these runes to MC and Uzulu challenge could be a quick and easy change.
    Maldek and Noizette like this.
  5. Noizette Active Member

This is an excellent idea. By now most of us have got what we need from those zones, so adding a chance at eth war runes would absolutely increase interest in re running them.
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

Not at the rarity that they currently are. I've run all those zones hundreds of times, and our tank is still missing his Invigorated mit gloves and legs and we've had 1 uplifting crit ear drop in uzulu (EM ironically) and 2 brotherhood proc fabled rings (HM).

We've had enough leather to deck out a 24man raid of just leather wearers though.

The rare/desirable items are just too low a chance to get. It should not take 100s of runs to get an item you want.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Why not just move it to say Forge Golem?
  8. Montag Well-Known Member

I still think my idea of easily obtainable lesser ethereals would be the best solution. 80 fervor lesser ravaging, 40 second resets, etc.

Or even less if they want to keep the ultra strong ones really rare.
    Maldek, Ratitz and -Soteria- like this.
  9. Ratitz Active Member

Because it defeats the entire purpose and mindset behind why they were introduced in the first place. Ethereals since they have been introduced have always been in Heroic Instances, no questions asked.

I do agree with the previous statements. They need to be taken out of the contested, and made as a scaled chance of dropping from the tiered heroic zones. i:e: better chance from harder zones, lesser chance from easier zones.

Skill does still matter. I have been in groups and raids where I am consistently beating people of my class type who have ethereals, whereas I do not. But they are not far behind. The items, however, are still gamebreaking. A person of the same gear level as one player, save for one item, should not come close to another player if the player with out the item is significantly more skilled. it just shouldn't happen. The idea of lesser, but more common items would help with this. Skill matters, but it doesn't matter as much as it used to.
    Kraeref likes this.
  10. Veta Well-Known Member

Insert 4-Soulwell Drinal chest pieces and some old avatar pieces.
  11. rutro Well-Known Member

As long as the mob dies- i do not give a damn who parses the best. If you think about it- there is only so much health on a mob. I think it is funner if everyone gets an even amount of the DPS. How fun would it be if 1 toon hit the mob 1 time and it died? LOL
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

Saw my first eth rune drop yesterday. Wasn't one I could use but hey.

I reckon I've killed each named at least 25 times, maybe closer to 50, resulting in 500-1000 named killed for one rune, or a drop rate between 0.1-0.2%.

Then take into account there are 12(?) possible runes, and the chance of getting the rune you want is 0.01666%

Basically every kill is like /random 6000 and you need 5988 or higher to get a rune, and 6000 to get the one you want. And that's being generous on the numbers
  13. Brightlyz Active Member

I actually really like this idea the best so far!
  14. Brightlyz Active Member

Wat
  15. Ratitz Active Member

heh. got me there. forgot about the old old eth's. the recent ethereal weapons from ToV moving forward have always been in heroic zones.
  16. Anunnaki Active Member

There are multiple mobs (pretty much everything really) that has built in DPS checks in the form of enrage timers. Meaning if you dont have enough dps, you wipe at a time limit. If you arent parsing well enough, you are contributing to failure, and you should be replaced. It actually does mean something.
  17. Ratitz Active Member

Mr. Madison, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    Lea Plath likes this.
  18. rutro Well-Known Member

That built in timer is stupid...the DPS one...tell me why it is not stupid? Also, I suppose your Tier 1 DPS suks...So, you expect a non- dpser to pick up the slack and DPS? That makes a lot of sense...there Jethro
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is a built in 'heal/tank' check to every fight, why shouldn't there be DPS checks/requirements as well? Also, EVERY toon should be contributing as much dps as they can while also doing their primary job.
    Azian likes this.
  20. Brightlyz Active Member

Its a progression gate, If it wasnt a thing guilds would just stack healers and auto attack the mobs to death lol.