Ethereal Expertise rune - DC? where?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by kiota, Jan 12, 2017.

1. kiota Member

The Ethereal Expertise rune now is suppose to give mages double cast. I don't see it in the description.
    Also now scout have 100 fervor and double cast runes?
    Mages have nerf runes?
  2. Simien Active Member

• Ethereal Mastery, and Ethereal Expertise now use the new Ability Doublecast stat instead of a scripted effect.
    I am not sure yet but the way I read this update is that either the rune will proc and it will show up in the new Ability Doublecast stat, or you now have to have Ability Doublecast to get it to proc at all? Kind of a confusing patch note imo. Do all mages now have to reforge out of spell doublecast and into ability doublecast?
  3. Ynnek Well-Known Member

The rune procs, which bumps Ability Doublecast from 0% to 100% for a short period of time. A spell cast during that window will gain an extra multiattack.
    Simien likes this.
  4. Simien Active Member

Thanks,
  5. Rondo9 Active Member

They just hate mages!!
    Scrappyz likes this.
  6. kluxor Well-Known Member

this means you're going to quad cast....hate mages soooo much huh?
  7. Yards Well-Known Member

It does not quad cast, it triple casts. The way it appears to be working is it raises your ability doublecast to 100% ( which basically means you can also double cast ca's as well ) and it instantly recasts the ability it is used on. So basically both mages and scouts triple cast with this rune.
    Beee likes this.
  8. sycla Active Member

Not really... swarm pets still do next to zero damage with rune even now
    They always manage to s### summoners.
  9. Yards Well-Known Member

Not really what? It doesn't triple cast? please explain.
  10. Twisty Well-Known Member

Mage version doesn't apply to group in my testing.
    I don't get a buff, a message or anything out of the ordinary ACT-wise when the mage with the rune gets the message

someone confirm pls
  11. Yards Well-Known Member

The rune itself says it is a group buff, which is wrong. The maintained buff the rune puts on you says it is self only, which is how it is currently working.
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

Seems the spells of the swarmpets work corect the 5-8 seconds ability double cast window.
    Swarmpets itself do almost no dps.. als before ;)