Ethereal Cloak and Belt

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bentenn, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Bentenn Well-Known Member

There may be another thread on this somewhere, didn't much feel like looking, but I did not see one under this forum. The ethereal cloak and belt need to have a flurry version. There has been gear already in the game with flurry stat and every cloak/belt/neck seems to have a version with flurry. The gear that has had WDB added to it in great increments, whats the point, except to beef up the pets of pet classes? WDB and DPS mod have been made usable again, especially with flurry being a big part of it. Put an alternate cloak in the choice list as a lot of people would choose that over ability double cast.
  2. Vellox_EQ2 Member

I find it baffling that the 2 highly relevant stats for any melee class, based on what I see as some sort of class relevance, are the two stats missing from the whole ethereal run. I sadly began to level the cloak before I realized that the extra few thousand potency would never make up for the loss of Flurry and DPS mod (from AB) on the flurry cloak, belt,neck. It even amazes me (probably shouldn't after all these years) that NO item in the ethereal line has ANY AB on it. It is a waste of rime and effort to pursue these "coins" but as it is the only game in town, one more crappy time sink if one wishes to group at all. Maybe - just by accident - there will be a "scout" rune that modifies this, I would likely fall over is it did appear but lighting can strike once.....
  3. Revanu Well-Known Member

It’s quite possible that when kill achievements uNlock affixes on lvl 5 eth gear, future stats will be gained just like in last years ethereal extravaganza
    Argosunited and Breanna like this.
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Ability double cast is also missing. I'm also thinking the stats will be added later, or I'm not sure who's going to use the belt.
  5. Revanu Well-Known Member

Uhh he cloak and belt have adc...
  6. Argosunited Well-Known Member

[IMG]

I can't see ADC on the belt?
  7. Revanu Well-Known Member

The cloak can be converted to a belt with adc
    Argosunited likes this.
  8. Airwalker Member

Can you use both belt and cloak at the same time?

Are there two different versions of the belt?
  9. Revanu Well-Known Member

Cloak and wonky obtainable belt are both greater relic so no you will not be able to, similar to how you could not use ethereal bp and legs last years eth cycle
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

So does this mean class cloaks are coming in PoW?
    Obano likes this.
  11. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Probably not. It may just be because of the humiliating revelation that the Mythical loot from the final xpac boss is in fact, a cloak, so you can't use it with the main ethereal item. It was a mind-bogglingly terrible bit of itemisation, but then, we're getting very used to that.
  12. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I for one was excited thinking with the ability to change the Cloak to a belt, that maybe they would add a Flurry, DPS, WDB version instead of what we have. Since there is so much pressure that these are the necessary stats, yet nothing top tier has those stats. Perhaps just be rid of the melee stats all together...

On top of, what was the thinking to convert the cloak to a waist slot when players are working towards the collection timeline for the clickie waist item already? Why not convert it to perhaps hands, wrists, I don't know something that isn't going to be replaced so readily.
  13. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

If that is indeed the belt that comes from converting the cloak, then I will stick with the cloak. Had it have had ability doublecast after conversion, I would have considered the change to the belt. But without it, definitely not.
  14. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

a) We don't know what, if any bonus is applied once you have 3 pieces, and once you start working through the new raid content. If it's like last year, the stats you see now are not the finished article. The etheral gear already has crazy amounts of potency on it, so hopefully any bonus which pops up will be something else. Who knows? Maybe melee stats, maybe fervor OC or something?

b) Having the option of cloak or belt, with the same stats, is no bad thing. Ok, neither have flurry and so you have a choice of flurry OR bundles of potency. But say you keep having nice cloaks drop in raid, but you can't use them because you're using the ethereal cloak, well now you have a solution. Last year you had the choice of legs or bp for the ethereal greater relic. This is just like that tbh.

c) My advice is don't obsess about the meta. There are other options.
  15. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

It has the same stats as the cloak.
  16. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Its just really sad that not even one item can have the stat that a lot of melee have sought out, that being flurry. But that's not the "vision".. sorry to disappoint us all.. be ready to make more people into thaums and everything get ADC items again.. cause "he" wants us all to be the same to make the revamp easier in the fall....anyways... grinding as usual incase they add in that secret mechanic from killing say POW/SE mobs when it goes live..