Etch the Stone Quest - Yelnar Apprentice

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-ocarinah, Jul 4, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

According to test patch notes from 7/12, this is being fixed to be repeatable! THANK YOU!
  2. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

That's great news. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

Yes. Most excellent
  4. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Maewyn@Unrest_old wrote:
    The drop NEEDS to be Hierloom or the quest made repeatable. Right now there is no confirmation window when it is looted.
    So if I click the wrong name in the loot window (which I did once). BOOM the item is in the wrong person's bag. If that person happens to have already done the quest, the item is now completely useless.
    I petitioned on this one as well and GM basically said to go frak myself he wasn't going to help about mis-assigned loot due to no confirmation window.
    Granted, they assist on mis-assigned loot when there is a confirmation window all the time, but whatever, SoE is being ignorant about this item for some intentional reason.
  6. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

TBH the damm drop rate on the components is hit or miss especially giving that most but not all components drop from x4 raid zones with the prime bone golem shards droping of contested (are you fri*gin kidding me) with worse loot than the x4 ss zones which isnt saying much...the rates def need to be increased and all from the raid zones this contested crap is garbage...you need to have a decent raid to kill the quest mob in an x4 raid zone yet components dropping off of contested makes bout as much sense as a screen door on a submarine.
    As for the quest itself agreed repeatable is preferred.
  7. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Game Update notes for 17 July 2012: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=520251
    QUESTS
    The quest "Etch the Stone" is now properly repeatable.
  8. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Doesn't really explain why CSR ignores tickets on this item, but will take action regarding any other item that drops from the mob or zone. When the item in question is the only one missing a dialogue box to confirm before it is dropped into your bag.
  9. ARCHIVED-bopboy Guest

I agree that the stone needs to have a confirmation window. People who win it may want it for a different toon or even for a toon on another account. Simply making it heirloom, or making the quest repeatable for that matter, would not help with the latter if it was accidentally looted to a person before they had time to switch toons. I have seen this be an issue. Although making it heirloom would be a big plus.
  10. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Meirril wrote:
    There is precident for this or doesnt anyone remember emerald halls raid craft recipies?