ETA on TLE version 3.0?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Zenji, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Zenji Well-Known Member

[IMG]
  2. Julesholland Active Member

While I appreciate your attempt at informing and enlightening me, I would point you to my question.. not when is the new server being launched, rather when will we find out more.... your underlined script is lovely and all, but nothing new.. I was blessed with the skill of reading so I did realise the launch will probably be around 16th March.. but was wondering when we would get the information around rule set etc... Thank you to Elskidor for giving some useful information :)
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

I apologize for using the same pic I used in another thread, that had the first half the of paragraph underlined instead of the second half. Using that same reading skill you would see it says "The exact details on the rules of this server will be announced as we get closer to that date in March."

Seeing how it is February 8th, it would quit easy to deduce that you will get those details in the next couple weeks.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. dunkle New Member

wow Michael I feel sorry at your pathetic attempt to be passive aggressive just go outside
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

So, do we have any announcement yet?

Given players are already abandoning FG based upon this announcement with no information to make an informed decision, it sure would be nice to understand if I should be spending the effort to rebuild to keep playing on FG, or if I should just quit as well.
  6. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I think you already answered your own question.
  7. Fistpower Well-Known Member

What we know about the new progression server so far.

No Beastlord or Channeler until the expansion they were released on live.
    Familiars might not be on the server. Quote: "That isnt off the table."

There will be other changes but wont be announced until a later date.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

Which means never, cause they'll kill the server long before those expansions.
    Siren and Mizgamer62 like this.
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

Possibly they don t want to itemize Velious properly, indeed current itemization is fully broken (unless she Lburn my necro has a huge part of her parse from her ranged crappy staff -- since most ranged quality item have no damage --). I came back a week ago and i have 200 shards and nothing to buy since WOE and x4 previious expac raid gear is better than T2 heroic gear. Some piece are marginally better but i shall miss the 10% potency set buf.

I m wondering :
    1. Shall they somewhat " balance" the classes, of course there is nothingexact there but we all know that summoners dps is not really good and their utility is not massive (you never need a summoner but you often need enchanters).
    2. For healers i don t have major issues since channelers won't be allowed, the positive side of FG is that i rolled a channeler and enjoyed her.
    3. Shall heroic content be non trivial ? I remember when during RoK non raiders would almost always have an enchanter or 2 healer for Maiden, and the same was true for Erudin Palace.
    4. Shall solo content be non trivial ? Recently i got ganged by 3 ^^^ in the hole it was a bit hot but i won and i m ungeared, in vanilla you could solo in the hole in T2 heroic armor but a triple pull would mean evac or die (at least for a warden)...
    5. For raid content i believe we should have a easy mode for non hardcore raiders but requiring good coordination and decent gameplay but not a super optimal raid composition and for which not everyone will have 10 hot bars with miracles signet potions ... And for hard core raider a hard mode to keep them busy.
    6. Shall they allow massive buffs from SC or premium expansion features, honestly i don t really care but this remove the meaning of raid progression.
  10. Fistpower Well-Known Member

One could hope that since its to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the game that made the company what it is today that they would put extra effort into making it the best TLE experience yet.

But with their track record the last decade I understand why people wouldn't want to get their hopes too high.
    Molly likes this.
  11. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I'm curious to know how much reitmization would be needed for DoV onwards. I thought most of the big changes to gear happened either before or during DoV.. But since we seem destined to never go beyond SF, I guess we may never know...

No familiars on the new server definitely gets a thumbs up from me though. I spent a small fortune on those damn things on FG.
    Zenji likes this.
  12. Elskidorr Active Member

I'm kinda hoping they try something semi- similar to the recent announcement of EQ1 Selo TLP. Fast unlocks and fast xp. It would definitely have a higher chance at reaching eras beyond SF. Although I would likely still get bored beyond Velious era, but maybe not. It would be a neat approach. Too fast of XP and might lose some XP potion sales but if it was appealing enough to draw in the masses that would easily be made up for with subscribers. Open it in PoF and 2 month unlocks with XP values to make leveling less of a chore getting to the meat and potatoes.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

No please, Never start a server in Desert of Flames. Either start in Vanilla, or start in KoS. DoF was the hands down the worst expansion out of the first 10.

And the only way we need 2 months for an expansion is if loot is itemized well enough that people want to farm gear.
  14. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you're going to skip anything, skip DoF and go straight to KoS. There are only so many buggy runs of Gates and PPR I can stomach.
    Zenji likes this.
  15. Sotiak New Member

So .. will FG be getting Velious? Would love to know so I can either stop or continue on developing alts.
  16. Fistpower Well-Known Member

You will but there wont be a lot of players to play with.
  17. Satyr Well-Known Member

I love DoF but PPR must be the worst x4 raid in the entire classic era (up to TSO).
    Zenji likes this.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

It's all the trash, and then back tracking, and more trash... maybe if once you cleared it once you had a way to teleport to the end.
  19. Satyr Well-Known Member

Halve the HP of the minotaurs. Easiest fix probably. I think they fixed the doors for FG though. Thing is, you have to do it because the loot is worthwhile but the timesink from the trash makes it difficult to fit in to a 3 hour raid session.
  20. tbroark New Member

Well, that's why I'm highly skeptical that they'll not have familiars again (despite really damn wanting a TLE without any P2W bs). If people spend a small fortune on them, then of course they'll have them again if there's a chance that people will drop the cash again (which they will, even if they say they won't, gotta buy your way to the top of the parses, especially for raids).