Essence of flame/frost/mind/ ecc ecc

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Ansom, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Dtrick New Member

I only had one essence to try since that is all you get when you craft it. I am pretty sure this will work on any 96+ weapon? I tried it on my mastercrafted bow at first and it did not work, it only worked on the 2Her

I agree that this is a bug and I was meaning to send in a bug report on this, also the confirmation box and description of the item could use a little more information. When I first made the essence I thought it would be a weapon appearance mod for reforging until I clicked it and I got the highlight icon on my mouse pointer.
  2. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Does anyone have a large sample size of daily apprentice tasks completed that they could share. If I had to guess I would say I have completed these task a total of approximately 75 times. Currently I received one Essence, the most common reward I receive is one of the potions. If Essences are entering the game at this rate I doubt there will ever be enough for rangers and channelers to use often, never mind other scouts and tanks.

Is this ammo intended to be used sparsely on named encounters that may be more vulnerable to a certain type of damage, or is this intended to be the new master crafted ammo of choice for players? Also in regards to the imbuing aspect of these items.. I have only seen one decent weapon drop outside of raiding in AoM (a variety of bows from Ssra Temple). This includes all heroic zones leading up to tier 3. I would think if the plan was for us to have a variety of weapons capable of doing different types of damage more weapons would be available. Some developer feedback in regards to those questions would be most excellent.

Thanks,
    Gnomad ~ Crushbone
    Loredena likes this.
  3. Jrel Well-Known Member

Do you lose the essence after using it on a weapon? That would be lame if you wanted to try out different imbues to see which is better on creatures. Or worse if you imbued a weapon and it was the worst type for the whole zone.
  4. Dtrick New Member

Yes it is a one time use item. It is consumed when used.
  5. Crychtonn Active Member

You loose the fragment. It may be lame but it's still better off then the people reliant on the arrows. The weapons are imbued forever. While the arrows will be gone in a week or two. Then you have to get lucky again to find another. Which at the rate people are posting getting them means your screwed.

I've lost count how many TS apprentice daily quests I've done. I have perfect track of how many Fragments I've seen. ZERO!

The chance of getting these fragments needs to be increased drastically.
  6. Trakanom Member

Or max out ammo conservation for endless quiver!
  7. Avithax Well-Known Member

I feel kind of robbed. I crafted the ammo out of the Fragment of the Divine but never got the essence to put on a weapon. Submitted a bug but these are so rare as it is i'm going to guess it's low on their gaf list.
  8. Crychtonn Active Member

As soon as I see the patch notes requiring other classes to drop 31 Pot or CB on their adorns for no good reason that's a BS alternative for scouts.
    Gaealiege likes this.
  9. Dtrick New Member

Fixed
    Crychtonn likes this.
  10. Crychtonn Active Member

BAH!

Can't believe I forgot to include Channeler's again. Good catch and thanks for the edit fix :)
  11. Fieringel New Member

You don't get an essence as a by product, you choose to make arrows from the fragment or the essence. Essences are made using a work bench.
  12. Clevemo Active Member

So I bought one of these essences in order to imbue my weapon ... its the level 95 Zlandicar 6.0 fighter weapon and I got the red "No no" message saying sorry I can't imbue that item. I'm just wondering why we aren't allowed to imbue whichever item we want regardless of level. I like the concept of modifying a weapon's damage type, but the implementation ... well it was bad. I'm a crafter as well and the RNG god has not been kind to me i.e. no essences from the daily apprentice b.s. Also, scouts ought to be able to imbue their bows and the ammo be whatever damage type the bow is and stop with the specific damage type ammo.
  13. Crychtonn Active Member

It would be nice if you could imbue older weapons. Especially since from what I've seen drop so far the Zlandicar weapons are better then any of the weapons dropping in the new raid zones. Or at least the stuff that drops off the early tier 1 and 2 raid mobs.

For scouts they said they can't change bows to make them determine the damage done it has to be the ammo. The easy fix they can do for this is have the fragment create a clicky ammo summoning item instead of the ammo. That should be easy to do since they already have ammo summoning bows they can copy / paste from.
  14. Kraftie New Member

9 level 100 crafters I surely have not done all 9 everyday but still not one of these for ammo or a weapon.
  15. Azomonas Active Member

Seems like a bug to me. Especially the refined tag. You could probably petition and get your weapon/essence back.
  16. Gharyn Well-Known Member

There is an alternative to the conservation adorns, it drops in one or maybe both of the dino heroic zones.
    \aITEM 1510190707 -40658354:Marring Goede of Conservative Fire\/a

I've tried it, works good. Did a 3 hour raid last night and used 13 arrows. And the only reason I used that many is the effect drops when you zone and I lost some before I remembered to turn it back on. Sony needs to fix that, and the spelling. Should be Geode.

So, with this item, 4000 arrows will last a long time. You do lose 100 haste while that's on but I feel that's balanced by the the ability to use the top level arrows all the time. If you're rich and use the top level arrows all the time anyway, then this is not for you. But then you wouldn't be in the thread anyway. :>
  17. suka Well-Known Member

kk why is it failing and why is it taking plat from people when it fails??? why should it take plat at all- it already took my fuel. this is very upsetting- took all of my friend's plat but failed to remake his weapon

and it keeps telling me my fabled weapons - level 98 - are not valid targets.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the items that you make from the components that come from the tradeskill apprentices.. they only work on AoM weapons, pre-rum cellar.
    The ToT weapons require the new weapon damage changer thingies that drop in instances.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

i have aom weapons- fabled ones. but they aren't working on them. and when i did it about a month ago on fyuri's weapon- i had absolutely no problems then and i don't remember it charging me plat. it kept taking plat from my friend on each fail - don't understand that one- and on mine it simply told me none of my AOM fabled weapons were valid targets.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Where the from the new fabled zones? Those don't take the essences either.