Essence of flame/frost/mind/ ecc ecc

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Ansom, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Ansom Active Member

Today i have found a fragment of flame.. so i have craft a Essence of Flame, just for curiosity.

on the description: "This stone can be used to imbue it's essence into a weapon".

I have tried to use on my 2h weapon (from tov), or the Thrown Weapon (from AoM), same result: "That is not valid target for this item". I have even tried on the reforge, maybe is the new decoration for weapon..

Someone have some news about the essence? tips?
  2. Jodiph Active Member

I am assuming they change weapon damage type to the type specified by the Essence, IE Essence of Flame on a 1h sword would change damage from slashing damage to fire. Sort of like the weapons that dropped out of HKC would usually hit for a different element type instead of the standard crush/slash/pierce.
  3. Jodiph Active Member

Forgot to add, I have no idea how to actually put these into a weapon. I assume you either right click on it and click the weapon and it acts as a permanent invisible adorn or you use the reforger.

You said it didn't work for your 2h or ranged so maybe it has a hidden restriction to be only usable one handed and above level 96?

The only other thought I can imagine would be selecting them as a component during weaponsmith creation of MC items, but unless they dramatically increase the base stats as well I wouldn't expect them to be used much.
  4. Crychtonn Active Member

So are the Fragments you need to make the new arrows and essences a rare harvest you found?
  5. Ansom Active Member

From ts apprentice daily quest.
  6. Crychtonn Active Member

Cool, thanks for the info. I finish off my research on the Flame Essence today :). Guessing you can't get the fragments from the ts daily until after you have one of the receipts fully researched?
  7. Ansom Active Member

nop. At least.. i have complete the research on my main, but i have found the fragment on a other alt.

One my guild mate have found an other flame fragment, without research the recipe.
  8. Crychtonn Active Member

/sigh

So my poor ranger is at the mercy of the stupid RNG on if he gets to use the new ammo :(
    Stealthmode likes this.
  9. Crychtonn Active Member

Looked up on EQ2U and so far a total of Four people worldwide have made any of this ammo. Two have made the Flame ammo and one each the Venom and Void ammo. This NEEDS to be addressed. Why do scouts and to a lesser extant tanks keep having to deal with rare and expensive ways to get ammo. Mages and priests have never had to deal with this EVER!

Last xpac if scouts wanted the best available ammo they had to pay crazy money on the broker or get their guilds to run Arena of the Gods for materials to make it. Now this xpac they have to again pay crazy money for it or be a crafter and then rely on pure random luck for the materials to make the ammo.

Please stop punishing scouts for having to use bows and slings. WTB magic bows / slings that never need ammo or have their auto attacks timed like ez mode mages.
  10. norwendor New Member

even worse is getting the flame ess and still have 7 days to research so I can craft it
  11. Ansom Active Member

I have found a divine fragment to XD

and... i will need to start the recipes..
  12. Purrako Active Member

No worse is have one recipe researched, a second one started and finally getting an essence and it doesn't work for either one :(
    Loredena likes this.
  13. Trakanom Member

Channelers :(
    Loredena likes this.
  14. Crychtonn Active Member

Oh snap I forgot about our new ranger / healer type friends. Sorry friend ranger with heals. Your to closely related to your ranger brethren and will have to suffer with them :(
  15. Crychtonn Active Member

Well some of these arrows finally hit the broker on Guk. For the small price of 5,000 plat per arrow you can go play the game with this great new ammo.

Good game Dev's good game. I can't wait to see what other inventive way you guys plan to bend over and abuse scouts with this expansion. Between the new poison and these arrows you've got off to a grand start.

#StopDevScoutHateIn2015
  16. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

And please let mages cast on the run too just like scouts ! Thank you :)
    Enoibia and Kraeref like this.
  17. Dtrick New Member

After a guildie disco'd the shard of divine essence on our server, I decided to research the recipe to find out what it does. I got the WW disco on Essence of the Divine and decided to use it on my Channeler's refined mastercrafted 2H'er just to see what it does. You click the essence then click the weapon and get a confirmation stating that the item will be destroyed and all adornments will be returned. All this did was change the damage on the club to divine and it removed the refined status, so 10% of all stats were lost. I ended up remaking another refined 2H weapon to get my stats back. You can see the weapon comparison below:

[IMG]

I also had to experiment on all of the stats again. For 35 ferrin it was a complete waste. I wish I would have made the ammo instead, at least it would have been useful.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

Losing the experimentation isn't a huge surprise, since you're getting a new item, but it is unfortunate they didn't take refined versions into account.
    Do those items only work on crafted weapons?
  19. Crychtonn Active Member

Go for it. Give them potions that let them cast on the move. As long as they get charged insane plat to make and use them. Then they can enjoy the high cost of playing scouts get stuck with :)
  20. Prrasha Well-Known Member

In game-database logic, it's "[not] a huge surprise". In in-game logic, it's completely bogus. Why lose only refining and experimenting? Do non-crafted (or non-refined/experimented crafted) weapons lose stats when you use these conversion stones? I'm guessing not. So if they "only" change damage type on Weapon One, they should "only" change damage type on Weapon Two.

This is a bug.
    Azomonas and Loredena like this.