Essence of Duality Ethereal Wand

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Veta, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Veta Well-Known Member

Is there anyway to change the delay to 8 seconds instead of 9 like the other wands and also increase the damage output overall to make up for the loss of not being able to change the ethereal's damage type?

Longer delays are worse on items for when it comes to 100% base proc abilities like victorious concerto, etc. The damage rating is only slightly better especially when it is supposed to be considered as one of the two best in slot items. It has mostly all best in slot stats. The only thing that seems to bother me the most about the wand is the damage rating which, I would think, should/would be closer to that of the mythical. Doing this would help the damage of the weapon to offset the fact it cannot have its damage type changed. The mythical would only be slightly better in overall ranged damage output because of the weapon damage bonus it has.

I cannot justify the wand for summoners at all. The amount of damage it gives is far less than that of upper tier raid dropped wands, because you can change their damage type to be a far greater increase than just crushing damage, or the mythical wand. On top of that, the wand does not reset anything great for summoners, especially, pet abilities. I can understand that it does not reset the pet's abilities but it does not reset anything like elemental blast, energy clash, blazing avatar which are modifiable damaging abilities cast by the summoner used through the pet. It would help summoners a lot more if it reset our swarms, especially undead horde for necromancers which has a long recast as is. I do not understand why it would not reset swarms considering these are supposed to be considered modifiable damaging abilities too. The abilities it already resets for summoners already have low reuse timers except for theurgist's detonation and elemental toxicity, which do not reset often enough to even offset the damage loss from the wand's crushing damage.
    Celrath, Luciuz and Beee like this.
  2. Luciuz Active Member

I'm a necromancer with this wand and I approve of this message.

I agree totally. It resets some things which do not make sense and does not reset things that would be more desirable. It's supposed to reset damaging spells yet it resets things like Absorb Magic and Bloody Ritual.

As far as the not being able to change the damage type, I could understand why. The ethereals are rare enough, would be a waste to see something like a divine essence of duality exist. Well in the eyes of summoners and sorcerers it would be. A better solution would be the wand itself have a description like "magical damage type based on mage subclass" like noxious for warlocks / necromancer, elemental for wizards / conjurors, and arcane for illusionists / coercers.
    Luciar likes this.
  3. Twisty Well-Known Member

the wand needs to reset dumbfire pet spells. without them resetting, the wand increases the Warlock / Wizard advantage way disproportionately relative to summoners
  4. Eles Well-Known Member

we are just doing live betas with this kind of gear :( Campansion weapons will be better /sadpanda
  5. Heck62 Active Member

The easiest fix would be to allow us to change damage type.I reforged it ,i should be allowed to change it's damage type.I do wish it would reset all spells.
  6. sojuc New Member

any chance to get a dev response on this pls? wand does not reset anything worth for summoners except elemental toxicity ,while for sorcerer it resets some great spells (make them more OP as they are already) , please adjust this by simply allow to reset the swarm pets, which they should reset anyway since they are modifiable damage abilities (undead horde since is a 5 min recast) to balance the things out
  7. Veta Well-Known Member

I disagree with the damage type statement a little bit. As a conj or even generally mage/scout/fighter/priest I will take any damage type modifier over physical damage. Any of the damage types will provide a damage increase and in this case make up for the damage loss because of physical output. I am a little surprised they did not just make them all heat damage like they were previously. The only one that is able to have the damage modified is the bow and that is because the damage is based off of the arrow damage type.
  8. Entropy Well-Known Member

What exactly is it resetting for warlocks that's so amazing? We have exactly one damage spell on a long recast, and that only gets used at max stacks when you can insta-cast it.
  9. Twisty Well-Known Member

lol oh i don't know... assuming everything with direct dmg on it... only chains, plaguebringer, apoc... peanuts i know. we not gonna tell 'em about that extra FC reset chance windfall
  10. Twisty Well-Known Member

All the necros asking for UndeadHorde reset need to drop it imo. You all know too well it'd be unjustifiably OP, you're killing your credibility by pushing for it.

The fix only needs to reset Soulburn, 30s dumbfires (blighted horde, awaken grave for necro - forget conj equivalents) and BlazingAvatar for conjs
    Luciar likes this.
  11. Rondo9 Active Member

Wat the? you getting them confused with Assassins?
  12. Entropy Well-Known Member

Those are already ~25sec recasts. Work out the math on the average amount of cooldown you're saving when the ethereal triggers once every ~30 seconds. Yeah, it's another FC reset chance off Apoc once in awhile... so, uh, great?

We're looking at ethereal weapons that are ultra rare, and in many cases are now only giving you a nice bump to blue stats. Many of the effects (mage wand isn't only one) are pretty marginal.
  13. Luciuz Active Member

No ethereals or even mythicals can have their damage type changed. That's one of the game's rules when it comes to that stuff.
  14. Heck62 Active Member

Yet,they can be reforged.I'd be okay if they were all burn like last time.Still would suck for many classes.These items are rare but not sacred.I should be able to modify the damage type.
  15. Yards Well-Known Member

I can tell by Entropy's post that he is a warlock that does not have the ethereal ranged.
  16. Luciar Active Member

This times a million, thanks Twistyd. Stop asking for Undead Horde. It has a super long cool down for a reason. If you can't accept that it would be insanely unfair to have that skill resetting potentially several times during the fight then there is no making you happy (except maybe adding an instant cast and instantly reusable death touch ability lol). If you wish you could use the spell more often use Brews of Readiness between combat.

Sticking to valid arguments that won't completely break the game: The effect DOES say that it resets damaging abilities yet does reset several "support" abilities for the necro as mentioned above.
  17. Heck62 Active Member

Blazing avatar in popular conji spec can reset elemental blast.Kinda like lifetap resetting LB.
  18. Twisty Well-Known Member

yea Blazing resets EB with a decently high chance like 15%. might be a bit OP. altho i guess still not nearly as OP as the current Apoc situation for warlocks lol, so i think my above suggestion is fine even if it favors Conjies over Necros on a good RNG streak
  19. Veta Well-Known Member

I know they cannot have their type changes. During ToV they released all ethereal weapons with heat damage type which is what they should have done for this set or give it a high enough damage rating in physical to match the damage output of other higher toer wand that can be changed.

Ya, you guys may think apoc resets are overpowering but look at rift. 90s cooldown ability which means you have multiple resets of it before it would actually comes up, can insta-cast and be used up twice per FC chain if timed correctly. Apoc is not a great reset for them as it usually is up before the hard cooldown hits anyways. Even if it does reset it has a large cast time without increments and a 4.8s duration. Rift is one of their top parsing abilities. As a conj my top parsing abilities excluding the terrible passive proc is swarm damage. We need our swarms to reset with this and pet abilities.

I am surprised that noone has brought up wizards and their ability to use the wand to reset fiery blast chain abilities.
    Beee likes this.
  20. Twisty Well-Known Member

Apoc reset is great because it double-dips on chance to reset FC. It's not a huge deal averaged, but will produce those eye-watering 1-off parses everyone will forever talk about when FC resets 3 times in 1min fight