Essence of chaos

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Intenzive, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Intenzive Member

Has anyone found one of these yet, and if so from where?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

I got one as a reward from one of the daily harvesting quests (the ones given out by the guild harvesters).
    I talked to somebody else who got one from a wood node. It appears that they are super super super rare harvests from any nodes. Like unicorn spellshards or foundations with ninja training.
    Conifur, Rosyposy and Sigrdrifa like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Sounds like the victornuts and battle plantains.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

ROFL and scaring the cats.
    Xianthia, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Much rarer.
    Xianthia and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Marranda Active Member

I spent 3 days doing nothing but harvesting and have never seen a chaos essence, from harvesting. And I harvested for 6 to 8 hours each day! So they are SUPER RARE! A guildie did get one from dd. But this is crazy to have the drop rate this rare.
  7. Anatha Active Member

Especially since the orange rune recipe books are available and people can get all the other mats that are needed fairly easy. I am NOT going to spend 5 mil plat on the broker for 1 chaos.
    Pixistik and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Bardonio Active Member

Bet raiders have all four new orange adorns already. How? Well, the devs cater to raiders and this is a raid heavy expansion. It’s obvious with the last 3 patches. The gating just increases each year. Now excuse me while I get the proverbial forum ban.
    Lavinder likes this.
  9. Revanu Well-Known Member

10. Prox Well-Known Member

In a raiding guild, no one has all four runes. Some have one , most have none.
    Mermut and Anatha like this.
  11. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

You will have to do much better than this to get banned...I could teach you!
    LoL
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Redlight Well-Known Member

Could you explain HOW it is fairly easy to get 100x infusion of the celestial please?
  13. Anatha Active Member

Run solos, pqs, overland Dr Arcana quests and transmute or salvage (can't think right now which does which) to get what is needed. Yeah, it takes a while and a lot of running these things but doable.

I am in a raid guild and we have maybe 2 or 3 people in our raid force that have 1 new orange rune. So devs catering to raiders is not really true. A reason that the BIG raiding guilds may have them is their raid force are CC warriors as one of my guildies calls them. Buy kronos, sell them to get plat and buy the essences off the broker from someone that has better luck at harvesting them.
    Prox likes this.
  14. Anatha Active Member

From what I am hearing, finding the essences in the wild seem to come from ordinary nodes just extremely rare. No special nodes to look for. This should be interesting if that is the case.
  15. Revanu Well-Known Member

That is correct
  16. Redlight Well-Known Member

They seem to drop often from the CD harvesting quest. Doing all solo zones and muting all rewards gives about 15 infusions, not much for such a long run, especially when you eventually need 400 of them.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

During PoP, we got infusions by mass-producing Tome of the Planes and/or Ruby Heartwood Crossbows and transmuting those. I don't happen to have enough CD recipe books yet to know if there's comparable "high grade" mastercrafted stuff to bust.

However, it seems like every name in the instances and overland drops Legendary, so you can always grind the stuff you can do solo, then transmute. Legendary gear has a good chance to produce an infusion.

To get the best results, you can wear gear that boosts transmuting, equip a harvesting mount, and use a potion.
    • Mutagenic Essence (1 hour improved transmuting rewards, from Raffik's Shipwrecked timeline)
    doit likes this.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is no craftable fabled recipe so far this expac. And legendary gear has a very very low chance of giving infusions
  19. Redlight Well-Known Member

I can run all soloes in about 35 minutes, however most of my non dps friends and guildies cannot. Personally, for me, it is not the most insane grind to get 400 infusions, however, these non dps friends/guildies I refer to take about 10-15 minutes to clear the longer solo zones each. Now their grind is absolutely insane. For the sake of all players, just lower the infusion cost!!
  20. Redlight Well-Known Member

Also, I don't think transmuting skill increases the chances of getting better rewards.
    kingmob23 likes this.