Essence of anguish ?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Nhilist, Dec 19, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Nhilist Guest

When this is granted to you on having Grisly Mark cast when a mob dies...erm...what does it do or what is it for?
  2. ARCHIVED-Vasudanessa Guest

From what I understand they are used for a Revive spell you get in the late 40's.

Why they give it so late when you get the Essence of anguish so early on is beyond me.

Vas.
  3. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

Is the Essence of Anguish no rent? How exactly did you obtain it?
  4. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

It is temporary, so goes off when you log off. The spell is also a debuff spell which drains power on the mob, so I use it anyways.
  5. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

The spell goes off when you log off? I am not sure I understand........ Or are you saying the EoA is no rent and it leaves your inventory when you log.? :smileyindifferent:
  6. ARCHIVED-Qrgauthil Guest

The spell is a resistance debuff that also does disease damage that drains power from the target.

If the target dies while the spell is in effect, the caster gains a NO-VALUE, NO-TRADE, TEMPORARY item called "essense of anguish" that is highly stackable (30 instead of the usual 20 I think).

When the caster logs off, any essences he has disappear.
  7. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

That is correct, but it is stackable up to 50.
  8. ARCHIVED-Tzenn_ Guest

50??? holy crap!

Can you imagine having to do that many rezzes in a day?
  9. ARCHIVED-Urguwno Guest

An Essence of Anguish is also granted when a mob is debuffed with the 39th spell, Horrific Mark.

These essences are used for the 48th spell, Revivication. (non-combat rez)

IMHO - Revivication is a complete waste of a spell and has no business being in the Necromancer repertoire. As such, these essences are nothing more than an annoyance and waste of inventory space.
  10. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

Yeah I mean if it is no rent and you can't use them till umteen lvls later what is the point??? How odd.
  11. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

The point? Well the point seems to be to fill up my last remaining slot in inventory to prevent me from winning that next lotto :(