Eryslai quest bugs and feedback

Discussion in 'Quest Discussion' started by Kaitheel, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Welcome to Chaos Descending beta!

Please post all the bugs you encounter, and feedback you may have, pertaining to the "Eryslai, the Kingdom of Wind" quests, in this thread. Doing so will help to ensure they are given the appropriate attention and the best chance of being resolved.

Be sure to include:
    • Quest name
    • Quest giver name
    • Current quest journal entry
    • Any other details pertaining to the issue you are encountering
    Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Quest Name: The Air Apparent
    Quest Giver: Rourre
    Current Step: Gather air scintilla (2/12)

The air scintillas seem very few and far between.. I've scouted the first island multiple times and only found 2. There is only 1 other person in the zone and he/she has been out of sight the whole time.

Note: I am randomly slaughtering the mobs on the windglade island.. since I'm bored looking for the bits.

Further Note: After finally getting all the updates (at least 15 minutes being the ONLY person around), the quest journal indicated that I defeated enough air critters... none of the critters had quest feathers indicating they were quest mobs.. and significantly fewer then 1/2 had an air scintilla to harvest nearby after they were killed
    Beee and Kaitheel like this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Same as Mermut, I've been roaming the entrance for a while, thinking greater mobs spawned them, but there isn't that much, they drop them only once. It's a bit counter intuitive and not very fun. Quest says "fight the servitors of air" which hints at a much higher chance at an update. And I got them from greater servitor of air, but also from regular servitors on air when I went on the upward platform. I'm a bit lost about what I'm searching for.
    No quest mob feather doesn't help.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Quest : All the flight moves
    NPC : Nidinof
    Step : Open aethersteel chests in search of the lamp

respawn of the chests is pretty instant (for the same char) so you can open the chests over and over again. I did mine with the chest at -426.70 435.48 -180.22 253.85 and the other at -449.20 436.04 -99.54 252.28 and never had to search for more until the next step.

Fast respawn is great, but it would be better if a single char couldn't harvest the same spot twice in a row.

After 2-shotting everything in the zone so far, I got my *** handed out to me by the hive queensguard. Are they not a bit overpowered compared to the rest of the zone? (or I might be missing something)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

It appears that many of the quests do not update if a pet (I haven't tested mercs) gets the killing blow in and not the character.
    Confirmation for the quest All the Flight Moves and I'm guessing it may be part of the problem I had with The Air Apparent.
    Since the mobs are so squishy, without turning the pet off completely, lots of updates are lost.

If it is just 'random chance of update', the 'you do not find a quest update' message should be added.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  6. Pheidra Member

Same issue. I found that the Greater Servitor's had a much higher chance - since I started tracking it I didn't see any off of others (from 6/12 on). 3 of my 12 came from ground spawns. Also seemed odd "an air torrent" didn't have a chance to drop any
    Kaitheel likes this.
  7. Anatha Active Member

The Queen's guard are pretty much unkillable right now. I can one shot everything in zone but they will not die. I do have a defiler merc with me and am wearing T2 and T3 raid armor from last expac. They are overpowered and I cannot complete the quest.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

aaah, could very well be, I'm a conjuror. And after getting afk for a while, I killed some mobs without my pet and every greater and regular air servitor dropped the air thingy.

I'm solo-guk geared (on a conjuror, so good survivability with wards on and I get killed very fast. If a raid-geared char cannot kill them, there's a problem.
    I managed to land just outside of range and get the ding from a chest before getting killed. You need to land on the very outsidest ream of the guards area (yeah, it's not English) and there's a way to click the chest that way. Diverting the mob with a tank pet didn't help.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  9. Pheidra Member

Same struggle, but I was able to get one on the outskirts. I also posted this in the zone discussion
    Kaitheel likes this.
  10. Pheidra Member

Step : Turned in
    None of the rewards appear to have mitigation/block options for tanks?
    Kaitheel likes this.
  11. Lewyr New Member

• Quest name: An Air Apparent : A fractious cloud
    • Quest giver name unsure but says repeatable
    • Current quest journal entry
    • Any other details pertaining to the issue you are encountering
      • Quest states that fractions clouds are extracted from Prismatic Recluse - over 100 killed including for other quests and no updates, no fractious clouds or anything left behind after kills I have dropped my hawk pet so only I am killing due to possible issues mentioned from other quests.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Dyeana Active Member

Current Step: Gather air scintilla

While doing my collection, I just killed all the Servitor's I could see, still took some time to get the spawns. I bugged in game about non-solid ground for te general location - The side of the upper island away from the tree going upwards. Just fell through the earth at the far side of the island. Had a bunch of ? spawns there too which could not be collected. Killed the Servitor in the area by pulling to rocks which I could stand on. The earth in this area needs to be made solid.

Agree on the difficulty on the guards. And the current solution to getting the chest with the lamp. Are these intended to be so powerful? Even stronger than the named that spawns in the center. I ended up dying 5 times before trying the rim to get the chest and lamp before breaking the lamp to get the update before dying once again.

Reduce the power of the guards to be even with one another.

Dye
    Kaitheel likes this.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

While on "All the Flight Moves" was the missed update on stealing the aethersteel keys from NPCs (efreeti windlords or stormriders), or was it smashing the lamp?

~ Kaitheel
  14. Kaitheel Developer

The guards are not intended to be that powerful. Kander posted in the Eryslai zone thread that it should be fixed with this morning's Beta update.

~ Kaitheel
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

All of the 'missed updates' for the quests (not just in Eryslai it seems, are from kill quests. If your pet kills a mob that you haven't hit yet, you don't get any udpates. Since the mobs are super squishy, it's not hard for pets to kill them if the pets are on defend.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  16. Anatha Active Member

I did what was suggested about landing just at the edge of the platform where the chests are. I was able to open one. Then the guards attacked me and I died but I got the update! ;)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  17. Lewyr New Member

Current Step: Gather air scintilla (12/12)
    • The air scintillas are still not very common (average 1 for 5 kills) . with 2 people killing for them. took me 23 min to get 12 scintilla. I could see this being a challenge and choke point with more people. I didn't get an opportunity to see if they updated a group as the other person preferred to solo kill
    • I am a glutton for punishment so did this quest 2 more time and average 1/5 remained the same and quickest I was able to complete was 18 min with me being the only person in zone killing
    Kaitheel likes this.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

The following changes have been made and should be in with tomorrow's Beta update:
    • The Air Apparent - Servitors of air and greater servitors of air have a higher chance at spawning air scintilla. Messages have been added when it does not drop.
    • The Air Apparent - Servitors of air and greater servitors of air now have a quest target icon.
    More fixes to come!

~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

From kills!? That is all handled by code. This is not the first time mobs have been weak enough to be taken down in one-shot by a pet, yet all those quests update. What's different now, I wonder?

~ Kaitheel
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, hey! It turns out I had fixed this issue yesterday, and should be fixed on Beta as of this morning. Those are always nice bugs to find!

~ Kaitheel