Erudite Guardian AA Advice

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Moonlit_Evening, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

How is your Valentine's Day going so far. I am writing today because I am looking for advice on how to arrange my Erudite Guardian's AA's and where I should perhaps place the most emphasis on. Usually I play as either a mage or a scout thus tanking is still very new to me. While my toon is still a level 46 I would like to at least prepare the AA tree for when she eventually reaches level 100. Thank you, and below is a link to my Guardian's current AA's.

https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/450977605539
  2. Soloder New Member

Just my two cents, My guardian is Wulfegar on the Skyfire server. If you look at my AA's it appears that I play more of a DPS role. Truth is, To hold hate over the DPS now with all the crazy numbers they throw out, I had to maximize my Crit Chance, Crit Bonus, Potency, Health, Mitigation, and avoidance to be an effective tank. This took a lot of doing and your AA's will change while you get gear/grind deity points. My advice to you will be to go down the right side of your prestige tree to start to get that 12 points of potency for 1 point crit bonus to start.
    Keep your health as high as you can get it, with other AA's make sure to get your stone skins and damage reduction abilities, but at the same time get as much hate gain as you can.
    The Hate gain stat is easily adorned/reforged to max. So you can safely ignore any AA's that increase that stat. Make sure that you do not confuse it with Stats that increase the threat...
    Auto attack dps is dead, my abilities do the bulk of my damage, you can pretty much ignore the auto attack skills and stats. the only ones I would keep up would be AE auto attack. There is a potential argument with Geomancy you would want all this higher, but it's highly situational so I wouldn't bother with it.
    you can go to EQ 2 Library and EQ2 Wire to get the latest stat caps. Things didn't start getting easier for me until I had about 3k crit Bonus, 2k Crit chance, and 12k Potency for damage stats, Mitigation around 20k and avoidance of 18k. my health sits at about 9 mil which is low imo for a tank. but with the mit and avoidance of a guardian it has worked out just fine. I can make it through heroics with a non chain healer with decent stats. Plenty of other things to consider but this is a good place to start. I am on dragons armory and eq2 wire if you want to look at my AA spec. Feel free to message me if you are on the server and see me on.
    Cragfire and Moonlit_Evening like this.