Erudite Dirge: Requesting AA advice

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Moonlit_Evening, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

Hey,

So I have been playing EQ2 for almost 2years now and for the past year [prior to my hiatus] I've been trying to work on my stats. Updating gear, trying to figure out which spells will most benefit my toon etc...I've tried using eq2u as well...but often find the aa's I currently have, work better then when I try to apply the aa's from another play..or another erudite dirge. Hence, I'm hoping for some advice and guidance on how to amp up my dirge.

I tend to do a combination of soloing, and grouping hence, I've tried working on my aa's to improve dps, multi-attack, critical chance, my health etc...so far...I feel as if my stats are still lacking incredibly. Thanks for any advice that may be given to me.

~Xire
  2. Pitta Active Member

You should adorn your character. If you dont have the ethereal war runes from last expansion, the purple war runes (primary,seconday,ranged,belt,cloak) you should use are bolstered attributed, relentless conviction, magnitude, winds of obol, and then Foundation of Earth. Your armor slots should be taken up by the following: Firmament of Fire, Ascension of Destruction, Firmament of Growth, Foundation of Ruin, Firmament of Passion, and Ascension of Life.
    All of these can be obtained by doing the crafting weeklies to get Blank Luclinite Runes, and then asking in channels for people to craft them. Most will craft them for free as long as you provide the materials.
    You should do the KA Signature Questlines and the KA Tradeskill Timeline (can be found on eq2wikia.com) for 2 best in slot pieces (2ndary/cloak) and a bunch of gear that is slightly better than what you are wearing.
    The Wantia Adornments of (critbonus/potency/abilitymod) are best in slot for almost every character. These adorns will take up ever slot except charms and shoulders. Crit bonus in all available slots, abil mod in all available slots, and then potency in the slots that are left.

As far as Ascension class goes, you should do the KA sigline and choose either geomancer or etherealist. These will give you very powerful abilities that will help you immensely. if you dont know how ascension works, say so and i can explain it.

you will also want to get good food and drink. these help alot. Victornut Butter Tart and Strategist's Smoothie are the best available options

aa spec: copy mine. if you dont like to copy people, then talk to me in game at halls_of_fate.pitta and i can tell you some things you can improve upon.

Stats:
    the following are hard/soft caps for stats that you should be meeting:
    DPSMOD: 600
    attack speed: 200
    multiattack: 117.5
    reuse speed: 100 (do not go above this, its worthless)
    casting speed: 100
    recovery speed: 58.6 (accounting for the fact that you are a bard)
    doublecast: as much as possible
    flurry: 100
    ae autoattack: 100
    weapon damage bonus: caps at 300, dont worry about it unless you like terrene destruction. if you dont know what terrene destruction is, then dont worry about it.

Stats 2.0:
    these are the stats that you want to get that do not cap/cap very high/etc that you want to get, in order of priority
    fervor
    crit bonus
    potency
    crit chance
    ability mod
    Billzbub, Moonlit_Evening and Azian like this.
  3. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

Okay, but I don't have latest expansion yet, therefore what can I do at this time to better improve my AA's and dirge capability? Also, I am going to attempt your AA from EQ2U on my dirge later tonight, and will let you know how that goes.Usually what seems to happen is that not all AA's are converted to my tree, thus I have to randomly guess what points should go where, and I shall in fact look into improving the fervor, crit bonus, potency etc...
  4. Billzbub Active Member

Thanks for posting this, Pitta. I just betrayed an old troubie from years ago to a dirge that I want to bring up to speed, and this is exactly the info I needed.
    Moonlit_Evening likes this.