Error message keeps shutting game down

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tritton, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Tritton New Member

I just put in a new hardrive and reinstalled windows and reinstalled Everquest 2. I have had this error message 10-12 times since installation. Please help.

Error

Everquest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down.
    <verify> G:\live\eq2\framework\render\DDSTexture.cpp (235):
    !"Unknown DDS texture flags"
    00d2e4ae00d2d2a4
  2. Nixer Active Member

Perhaps updating Graphics and DirectX drivers may help.
    Tritton likes this.
  3. Blackmomba New Member

I've hit the same issue since the 3/21 update. I've updated all drivers and directX with no luck. I also have glitches in game about every 3 -5 mins..
  4. Tritton New Member

i did update my graphics card and im up and running, it showed that the driver was up to date but i downloaded from nvidia site and it wasn't. Thanks for the help.
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

If you are still having issues, download and install DirectX 9.0c from Microsoft - it can be installed into your Everquest II folder. EQ2 will not run correctly without this specific version of DirectX.
    SlayerOfTears and Shmogre like this.
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Following up on what Prissetta said, you can download the DirectX 9 files directly and put them into your EverQuest II folder. Feldon (of EQ2Wire fame) has made the files available for download on his site (quote is from another thread he replied to):

7. Tritton New Member

I keep getting the error message but its not as frequent, I went to download direct x9.0c but it says not compatable with windows 10 any ideas?
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you are still having issues, Tritton! The game is written to use DirectX 9.0c, and will experience problems without this version.

I have DirectX 9.0c installed on my Windows 10 computer - if you use the link Shmogre provided and install it into your Everquest II folder, it should peacefully co-exist with the current version of DirectX and Windows 10.
    Shmogre likes this.
  9. Tritton New Member

Well I found someone else having the same problem. They recommended downloading the entire game and not downloading in the background. That fixed it havent had the error since.
  10. Blastypowpow New Member

I had this issue and downloading the directx 9.0c zip file and unzipping into my game folder fixed it immediately!! Thanks for posting that as I see many posts where no one has posted it when I was searching for a solution to my game crashing every 5 mins. ;):D Now to try to figure out the game again after being gone for a few years.
    SlayerOfTears, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  11. SlayerOfTears New Member

Hi. Just discovered this thread, and thankfully, it's only from last year. My mother is having the same issue this thread details. I did follow your directions and downloaded the files and put them directly into her EQ2 directory, but she's still getting that error. Is there anything else I'm missing that she may need?