Error 4-503 AGAIN

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by gaymer77, Feb 7, 2017.

1. gaymer77 Active Member

For the past few days I've been having to manually run the game without the launcher because the launcher hasn't been working nearly every time I've tried to load the game. Today I tried doing that and I can't because you guys released a patch and the launcher still isn't working. Please fix this damn stuff.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I have to wonder if it has anything to do with the old DNS stuff, where a lot of the coding still deals with "Sony Station" or "SOE" or whatever the heck the old stuff is. My suggestion, o Powers? Go into the code files. Do a search for Sony or SOE. Find such things and KILL THEM, replacing Sony or SOE with whatever the correct DBG answer is now. X-P

Really; it ain't rocket science. ;->

Uwk
  3. Slayan Member

Been having this same problem since the Feb 2 patch, I try around a dozen times at a time before I give out and try later but still cant get in
  4. gaymer77 Active Member

Still having this issue
    Slayan and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The various *.exe stuff not helping--sorry, stupid question; of course they won't help if we can't get to the most recent patch. X-P

Uwk
    Slayan likes this.
  6. Efokub New Member

Still have this i am getting tired of this...
    i Re- subbed 3 February and haven't played.
    wonder if I will bee to tired when they fix it!
  7. Agee Member

check pc clock hasn't drifted - check year is 2017
  8. Nacla New Member

This is weird..

When I login here it is not even my account. Can't access as myself. Dunno how the Nacla account/name was created??!

I also experience that Launchpad is working. I login and see characters.

Press Play and wait.

...invalid username or password..

How is this possible if just coming from the launchpad with a successfull login. I don't recall having to both login at the launchpad AND the game and that the two logins are different?

Any ideas?
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, that is weird...and no, it's the same login for everything here (major security hives breaking out on the skin), including these forums, the game, the "help" site (/snert), and once upon a time, LoN. :-/

Have you been successful in submitting a petition about this (yeah, I know, good luck there)? :-/

Uwk
  10. Slayan Member

So put in a ticket for this , was ignored for over a week, then was sent an email that I needed to change my computer settings, because its my computer and not the game, then the day after was sent another email saying that they consider the matter closed. I am so done with the crappy CS this company has now
  11. Lilaeth Member

I was having the same problem - verifying the game files solved it for me.
  12. Stunmyster New Member

Validating settings sounds great, but how do you do that when the launcher errors and won't run? Is there some command line thing you can do to do that?
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

I have not really had any issues with this particular error, however a quick search gave some answers that worked in other Daybreak games.

It was suggested that deleting the Lauchpad.libs folder and then verifying or the lauchpad.cache inside that folder then running the launcher again. Once again these were solutions posted by people having the error in other daybreak games, not EQ2.

But, if you can't get in anyway, might as well try it. They all pretty much use the same launcher.
  14. Liithe New Member

I had been having problems with the launchpad about a month ago. I would get some type of error message and the game wouldn't load so I started bypassing the launchpad but of course I wasn't able to patch hence unable to log in because my version wasn't up to date. Arghhh...so I uninstalled the game and bought Spyhunter and ran it. It said that my DNS servers had been hijacked and so I corrected that and any other issues. I then reinstalled EQ2 and had what seemed to be a nice fresh start again. Unfortunately within a matter of at most 2 weeks the launchpad has been corrupted in some way. The minute I begin to type my username, page after page of the internet just continues to open over and over...I hit control alt delete and end the game and all is fine again. I have been playing since the game came out and don't want to unsubscribe but I may have to. I ran Spyhunter again and found that my DNS servers had been hijacked once again, and although it claimed to have fixed it the issue has not resolved. I am not the most knowledgeable about what's happened since Daybreak took over so if anyone has any helpful information it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening!
  15. Csipi Active Member

The pages opening over and over is a virus. You need to clean your pc.