Error 1002

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Tim5289, Jul 17, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Tim5289 Guest

Okay, so I used to play EQ2 a while back, and just recently decided to give it another whirl. However, I had to re-download the game. So I went to the EQ2 site, used the "new" launch-pad, and am getting an error when I reach 9.5gb/12.5gb:

An error occured trying to access EverQuest II® Extended.

Error Code: 1002

what, oh what is this crap? Have tried numerous times. Starting the d/l over, completely starting from scratch, everything.
  2. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Tim5289 wrote:
    You need to ask in the Extended forums (free to play) , this is the forums for the 'normal' game
  3. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Tim5289 wrote:
    Like the poster above said, you probably want the Extended forums. However, just in case you do intend to come back to your old EQII Live characters, I've included the correct LaunchPad below.
    Now on to Error 1002. These are typical network security related. Make sure any and all firewall, antivirus, and security suite software has been disabled or properly excepted from scanning/protecting the EQII game files and folders.
    Finally, always ensure that, if necessary, you are launching our LaunchPad as an admin. To do this, you simply right-click the icon you use to access the game and select Run as Admin.
    [EQII] LaunchPad