Erollisi PQ - Broken?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by redwoodtreesprite, Feb 9, 2023.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Just did the Erollisi pq on 2 new gals. Each did over 30 flower/zombie clicks, at least 8 purple/black flowers and stayed in range of zombie lover for over 30 min up to the end. Each got just 2 tokens and neither got the egg.

Is something broken with it this year?

Lots of comments in chat from the others doing it the same. Just 2 tokens and nothing else.
    JessesMyriddin, Saree, Cassta and 2 others like this.
  2. Ahlyrial Member

I was thinking you didn't get the egg until you ran the PQ 5 times? Or maybe that is how many time you need to run it to get it to hatch. I can't remember. Sorry, not a lot of help but just offering up some ideas.
    Cassta likes this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The egg is completely random. You can run it 1000 times and not get it. Once you do, you have to run between 5 and 20 more PQs and inspect it after each time to know how it's progressing.

I've only ever gotten coins for full participation in past years as well. It's nothing new.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  4. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I got the egg on my third run. My first and second runs I got house item rewards, but every run since I got the egg I've only gotten 2 coins. Lots of others only getting 2 coins as well, despite participating as much as we can in it.
    Cassta likes this.
  5. Carynn Well-Known Member

I got the two coins as well, despite participating the entire time. Stop putting stuff on the PQ that's RNG.
    Xianthia and Cassta like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I have done this PQ for as many years as it exists, and I almost always got the egg the first time I did the PQ.
    most people get the egg to hatch after 6 to 10 times, I seen people who got lucky and only needed to do the PQ to get the egg to hatch, but that is very rare.
    Have not tried it this year, so got to see, but you should at least get 4 tokens if your proactive.
    Cassta likes this.
  7. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

I've run it several times now and I get 2 coins (4 because I'm a member) for proactive participation. This really seems off compared to years past.
    Xianthia and Cassta like this.
  8. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Years before we got coupons, costume items, and other goodies; but this is just awful, and as I recall you usually got the egg pretty early and had to keep inspecting it to see if it hatched. Rewards this year are very disappointing.
    Cassta likes this.
  9. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

I have been testing today. Proactive participation - 2 coins, Active participation - 2 coins, Passive participation - 1 coin. Something is really off.
    Schmetterling, Xianthia and Cassta like this.
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Just FYI, I'm getting Coupons for killing bosses in RoR solo zones and opening chests in older content like when I farmed the Chains of Eternity raid zone Harrows End last night.
    Cassta likes this.
  11. Carynn Well-Known Member

Tested today. Twice got two coin reward, twice got proactive reward. Had the same amount of participation every time. Think it may be time for a bug report.
  12. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

Ran the EDay PQ on 6 chrs so far this year, at least twice a piece. Didn't do anything differently than I've done in years past, at least a dozen or more roses to the dearly departed, smooshing the black/purple roses, and killing mobs by tossing the roses at them.. Each time.. active reward crate, which nearly every single time was just 2 Erollisi coins (doubled for member bonus). Only twice, did I get something extra, first was as single yellow rose, the second time was that pink stork (blushbeak stork plushie, I believe)
  13. Carynn Well-Known Member

14. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

Ran the PQ a few more times since I 3 boxed it, but this time only ran one chr, my fury, Jennsen. Last night, came in kind of late, about 5 min in, or so, the western departed had already passed the river. Stayed with it, stayed inside the PQ circle that was on the map, only got active crate, with just 2 coins (doubled to 4 for member bonus). But.. finished it just now (about 5 min ago), with the same chr, came in 3 min after it started, and went to the eastern departed this time. Did exactly the same thing as I have been doing this whole time, and ended up with the proactive crate, with 16 total coins, because of member bonus.
    Cassta likes this.
  15. Sydnye Member

I've been running 2 toons,, each got the egg the first run. One has gotten the egg to hatch after about 15 runs maybe., I personally haven't had a problem with this event, I've received several plushies, roses, coins and familiar crates.. anyway not sure whats going on i have seen people say they're only getting 2 coins..
    Cassta likes this.
  16. Redd Member

Same thing with mine, I was a level 20 trying to get this egg to hatch, also did like 10 flowers each color, clicked the zombie 30 plus times overall... Have done this about 10-15 times btw.
    2 coins, every time. Egg says the same thing every time as well. No new dialogue with the egg.

Now when I hopped on my 122 and tried the quest, got the egg first time around, 8 coins. Maybe clicked 3 black flowers and clicked the zombie about 10 times, it was crowded. The only difference is I killed an npc that spawned.

Being high level I can practically 1 shot those npcs. I think that is the main difference from my high level to my low level.

Low level will prob never get an npc kill on that quest, High level always kills the NPC if it spawns whether it grey or not. Just how it is. Not able to lock encounters with the PQ so lowbys are gonna be having a nearly impossible way of getting the npc kill credit.

I will check the egg this next time around and see what happens for the 122, but I think it has a lot to do with the npcs that are spawning. Will try to find a lowby and drag em around and let em kill the npc that spawns. See if that makes a difference for them. You other "Avatars" could try the same thing if you can get everyone on board.
    Cassta likes this.
  17. Redd Member

Ok just did the PQ, 122 got 8 coins, clicked 4 purple flowers, clicked zombie about 10 times. No change in egg dialogue.
    I killed 2 grey npc by accident lol. Will try the same thing next except no npc kills.

The lowby I dragged around, 2 coins he never got to kill an npc. He hit well over 10 black flowers and around 5 purple, clicked zombie around 20 times. Also no change in egg dialogue.

------

Third round of the PQ.
    122 took out a few NPCs just throwing the roses at them. took out 16 of the black and purple. Hit the zombie about 15 times. No launches. 2 coins.

The lowby, 33, took out 6 NPCs with tossing roses, hit zombie about 15 times, took out 10 of the black and purple. No launches. 2 coins!

The 122 pulled 8 coins plus a fluffy with less interaction with zombie as long as I killed the npcs using my spells instead of throwing roses.

The egg dialogue did not change for any of mine and some of them have done this well over 20 times...
    Cassta likes this.
  18. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Ok, Daybreak, I've been running the same character since noon last Friday; which means I've run this PQ 50 or more times by my count since I track the times. Years past it has NEVER (with one exception) taken this long to hatch my egg. For the love of EQ2 and since this is the last Erollisi Day this year, please have mercy.
    Cassta and Twyla like this.
  19. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

Ok, when a hostile mob spawns, you don't have to melee/cast on it.. hotkey the red and yellow roses.. and target hostile mob, and throw the rose at them.. poof, they're dead
    Cassta likes this.
  20. Cassta Well-Known Member

I am a hopeless romantic and have always loved this PQ, until this year. I completely understand why we were all upset. I had an egg from last year and it didn't hatch until the day before ED ended. However, the issue I was most bothered by was not the drop/hatch rates but my fellow players. It was like shopping on Black Friday. :eek: Numerous time I would have a "bad guy" pop and target on me; before I could even turn to kill it someone else killed it. I had my roses hot keyed and was ready to go but never got the chance. There were also multiple instances of players with huge mounts blocking access to the lover. BTW, if my alt did this to anyone, I sincerely apologize. I did change her mount, but it may have been too late. I understand everyone was desperately stressed about this PQ and looking out for themselves. That being said, I found when running it with others who worked together as a team so everyone got at least 1 or 2 of everything we all got the proactive label. Just putting a thought out there to ponder for next year. :)
    GrunEQ and Twyla like this.