Erollisi Day Feedback and Bugs 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Beautiful renderings! :D

One of the things that always sticks in my craw is how many of the rugs/carpets available to us are grungy/downright filthy; it detracts badly from the beauty of the design. It's nice to see that yours are well-cared for! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

So now I have a question regarding Feedback & Bugs for these events. I do play on test, but I rarely get the opportuity to test before it goes live. Still, I have related opinions that would fit under this thread. I have feedback - and posted it last year under the feedback & bugs - for NOTD PQ about the necklace. Do you even want it to be posted under these threads, or should I be (not) posting it under General with a Feedback tag?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Good question! If it's feedback for the future then the current test thread is still a great place to post it. You are exactly right that opinions to be taken into account for the future are welcome in the test threads, even after the event is live.

~ Kaitheel
  4. elflover Well-Known Member

So on new outfit(s) why are we being covered head to toe now? I kinda like new outfit , the back of the dress with the ruffles maybe make it all the way around instead of the spilt and see weird legging, but its like being in Victorian era and no ankle showing. I like the older style outfits.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the split is because how the toons are moving, you will never see a character with a skirt go all the way around like on
    the zombie merc you were able to get for the new expansion beta (I really want her outfit).
    I agree those leggings that look like white stockings and shorts.
    elflover, the outfits always pretty much follow this pattern, but the coloring is just weird.
    If you look closely at the old outfits, you will see that they follow the same pattern, only the under garment blends in with the outer wear.
    the old outfit looks bad on ratongas , I mean you can see that tiny underwear under the outfit when you look at it in the right angle.
  6. Carynn Well-Known Member

Thanks. And *points to last year's NOTD thread about the PQ necklace feedback for you to note*.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Once more, dear friends, into this breach (beech? ;->):

Can we please have the "I Melt With You" quest just have us have to kill off eight Tuwasp Wax Workers? Please?? Way too often (generally if it's an older toon, beyond Tier 1-2; apparently RNGeebus takes pity on the "children"), it's a matter of "kill 16, 24, 32 of these damn things to get eight quest items [which, thankfully, don't clutter up the inventory like in WoW, but still]. >:-/" It's time-consuming and frustrating enough to make one not want to engage in it at all, cool house item or not. :(

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

talking about house items, on some servers it's very hard to get even 2 people to do the Erollisi day PQ, but it's even harder to get the new stork plushy, at least for me it is.
    The only reason I got a stork, is that somebody was so kind to gift me one
  9. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Two changes I wouldn't mind seeing for next year.

1: Make the target box just a little bigger for the Erollisi Roses, at some angles they are a pita to target with a mouse. Not game breaking, it would just be nice.

2: Lower level characters cast much slower than higher levels, often the target has time to run off and zone before the spell has finished casting.. then I get a message about giving flowers to dead people, and no update (tho I see nothing wrong with giving flowers to dead people)
    If possible could it actually count if say I cast at least 25% of the time it takes to fully give the flower to folks?
    Everyone is in such a hurry these days.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the target for the roses used to be even smaller, you really had to zone in to see the stem to pick it up.
    The people who run everywhere are most likely running to New Halas to pick up some roses to cast at other people who run away
    Seriously I think some people do run away, it's not like with those flyers for Brew Day that clog up your bag.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Are those for Brew Day or Bristlebane's Day? Can't recall, and party bands would be just as popular for Brew Day (just look at the inside of the Brell Bars! Isn't the "house band" there called The Burglars? :D)...

But yeah, those things are obnoxious. I really love that we can choose to gift the same person with all eight roses for the New Halas part of the ED questline; granted, we get seven of them back, but big deal, unless we care about the "fling roses at X number of people for the achievement titles" thing (only did that once this time, with a new alt [yes...] Gnome who loves ED even more than Tinkerfest; he got the Flirtatious title :D).

Hmm! For next Brewday, or Bristlebane's Day, whichever one where we have to hand out the flyers, can we please just "hand" all of them to one person as an option? Please? :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Marae Well-Known Member

It's the Heroes' Festival fliers that clog up your bags. :)
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OH! Gods, you're right... X-P

(That's not one of those repeatable quests you have to do to get the 12-Year Anniversary flying mount, is it? :-/)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea Hero fest is the one you hand out flyers, and it's that festival that has the anniversary mount.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is weird ("Curioser and curioser, thought Alice")...I'd created a toon on a live server, Skyfire, back in 2016 around Erollisi Day (can't recall if she'd been able to get in her ED quests that year, but in six years, you'd figure she'd've done...), made her a Wizard Carpenter, and eventually Tokened her up to level 100 adventurer, all the better to harvest in areas she'd want to access once she became a level 100 crafter (I think I Tokened her up for that, too; it's been awhile, and many, many toons ago...).

At any rate, according to my records, she'd done just about all the ED quests, and really didn't need to do any more to get the Enamored of Erollisi achievement. Teach me not to double-check, just in case...according to the Achievement area, she'd barely done any of them, and the only ones she'd gotten credit for were the non-repeatables. I found this out at around 11:30 pm on the 25th... X-P She was busy shopping on the merchants for her Skyfire holiday house swap thing, and didn't even think about it 'til she was looking for more Erollisi Coins... X-P

The last thing I needed for the Achievement title was doing the Hearts a'Flutter race, and I was in the midst of it when the event ended. I didn't care that I'd only gotten 42 hearts (good number! :D), I cared that the quest giver had disappeared, so I won't get credit for it this year (though I haven't deleted the quest itself; I wonder...when it starts up again next year, could I just be able to mosey over to the quest giver and boom, done? Lousy score, mind, but that's why it's infinitely repeatable ;->).

My question is: has anyone who's Token-bumped their toons up to the stratosphere noticed any glitches or hiccups in any Achievement credits after Tokening? If so, then that's a pretty major bug...though by now, I'd "made up for it" (in a panic; good thing she's so effective at killing ;->) in doing the ED quests over again, so that might skew any official records of what she'd done in the past. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

A suggestion for next year: a buddy of mine lamented that we really don't have any Appearance-type weapons for Erollisi Day, like we do for just about all the others (even Frostfell), either recipe-wise or on the merchants. There are occasionally a few here and there on the Marketplace (and thankfully, some are on the Player's Studio and available all year 'round), but it's not the same. If nothing else, since this is celebrating the goddess of the hunt as well as love, and we have quivers for sale on the merchants, can't we have recipes for bows? :)

Uwk
    Breanna, Twyla and Carynn like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Kattt I found out, that not only is that "merchant display cart only available in Freeport, but it is also no trade, and that is on a free trade server.

So, I am again asking to have this item assessable to everybody.
    I also would like to see a Neriak display stand, for all to own.
  18. Chikkin Well-Known Member

all cities have items exclusive to the city or certain faction, and they are no trade, which can be still bought by someone and placed for you. Free Trade servers still have items that are no trade or heirloom, it's not ALL free trade
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Chikkin , I do know that, but for example in New Hallas there is a merchant who sells the city items down by the doc to everybody.
    And I have decided I will move to Freeport, just so I can buy these items for myself.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On a Free-to-Play server, can you still buy character slots (I haven't tried beyond the default slots I needed for things like decorated house visiting [before the merges], getting my new Gold account toons into the guild when no one else was on, etc.)?

Rather than having to do a Betrayal thing? :-/

Uwk