Erollisi Day Bugs and Feedback 2014

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Extemper, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When I picked up (pardon the expression!) Love Lines from Dalron Pinhead--er, Pinot, and looked at the potential quest rewards (haven't done it yet, but still like to know what I can get ;->), when I looked at the various Candles in the Dressing Room, none of the floating hearts that emanate from the Candles were visible (and yes, I have my graphics settings up pretty well. They should be visible). Granted, I know that the hearts do come forth, but it's been a year since I've seen them last, and I'm sure there are actually folks coming in new to the game that have never seen them, and there's not much else to choose from among the four other than the different color of hearts for each (and the names, of course). :-/

Uwk
  2. Extemper Developer

Hi all,

Has anyone actually gotten and completed Bouquet of Trust and not received credit for the achievement? The misspelling (which should be fixed shortly) shouldn't interfere with the ability for achievement to recognize the quest has been completed. I'm having a hard time replicating this, so if I can get confirmation it'd be much appreciated!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Alenna Well-Known Member

I can't say if this is what it is as I have no characters on Test that were made before last years erolissi day event that did the quest Bouquet of Trust and it may be those who have done it before that are having the trouble. I do know Cloudrat who is having trouble with it on the ones that did it created a new toon and had no problems with it. so might be a problem with those who have done it before the acheivement was set up
  4. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I did quest with new toon and it worked just fine, I can't get credit with the toons that did it before the achievement was implemented since it doesn't seem repeatable.
    Finora and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...and the ones that are repeatable, I got no credit for completing at all (I think the same thing occurred for NotD and FF), even though it says I have in the Completed Quests section and my houses are full of "souvenirs" from all the times I'd finished them in the past... :-/

It just takes more time to finish the achievement, rather than just picking up any new quests or going back to ones we didn't get in the past. In a way, it feels like everything we did before was thrown out and stomped on, our prior efforts worthless. :-/

Uwk
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

To repeat Cloudrat, it's not new characters getting the quest & completing it who aren't getting credit. It's the older characters who've completed Bouquet of Trust previous years that aren't getting credit. This is a problem because the quest is not repeatable.

The quest is giving credit towards completion of the achievement on the live servers just fine.
  7. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

[IMG]

This is what cloudrat has in her completed journal, I did a new toon to verify for some asking before they started.
    So, yes new ones work well, old ones are having issues.
  8. Extemper Developer

OOOOooooohhhhhh. I see! I was only looking at the good version, silly me. I should be able to make that work though. Thanks much!
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We're counting on that, yes. ;->

No pressure! :)

Uwk
  10. Extemper Developer

Okay, so good news is that changes to the achievement that will fix Bouquet of Trust will go live here soonish. The bad news is that due to the way that achievements work and are implemented, the credit that you've gained from the repeatables will be lost with this change. I'm not sure if the timing of this will prevent folks on test from taking the repeatables again, but it's looking likely. I wish it wasn't so, but I do thank ya'll for helping me sort this before it hit Live.
  11. Mophia Active Member

Ok, I'll hold off on running my older ones through the repeatables, until this goes live, and will just concentrate on gathering roses for the next couple of days.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Tcha...good thing I'd only run 3 of my toons through it already. >:-/

If we've already gotten the Achievement, will we still have that?

Uwk
  13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Didn't Frostfell run into a similar issue? It was extended on Test for an extra week to allow those quests to reset so players could get the achievement. Could something similar be done for Erolissi event?
  14. Mophia Active Member

The ones with the problem on Frostfell were once a year quests, that is why it was extended, as the once a year had 5 week cooldowns or something like that. As only 2 of mine have done 2 repeatables already, I can hope they will be able to repeat them at the end, after my live chars do it, I'll try to get back onto test for them, but I'm not that worried.

And as we'll be testing Brewday straight after, doubt Erollisi can be extended.
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

it didn't work there was a reset and the quest deep ice mystery was bugged would not let you talk to the first npc you unfroze. I'm wondering if deep ice mystery was supposed to be non repeatable and that is why it cna't be finished
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, you're right with that...when I got "booted" due to Test Server going down--last night, now (at least we got a bit of warning! Thanks, guys! ;->), around 8:30 PST, I only had to do the Hearts A'Flutter quest to get the achievement on one of my Test toons. I logged back in with her, much later, and lo and behold, after finishing the Hearts, I was surprised to find no reward, no achievement notice, etc.; when I looked it up, I now need Love Lines, Find 'Em a Find, Catch 'Em a Catch, and Tainted Love/Heal the Pain (of which you select one or the other). Granted, these are all indeed repeatable, but only once per year, not infinitely (Love Lines is listed as "infinitely" in its Freeport and Qeynos write-ups, but this is incorrect, apparently). I tried to talk to Dalron again and get Love Lines, but apparently HE thinks he already did it with me, even if the list for the achievement doesn't (my list of Completed Quests agrees with him, and thinks I've done it on 1/28/14. Needless to say, I won't be able to "get" it again this year and so complete my achievement list. This SUCKS). >:-/

My vote? Look at everything, not just the stupid broken achievement list, and get us the stuff we've earned. Barring that, clear the Erollisi Day achievement list slate completely, and give us another few days to re-do everything. >:-/

Ideally? FIX the achievement stuff before it messes up everyone on the live servers as well. >:-/

Uwk
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

drat another holiday where my new toon on test wont' have the acheivement until the next year. I did love lines and catch me a catch. and since they are showing on my completed list I won't be able to get them again

and reset might not work it didn't with Frostfell got stuck on deep ice mystery.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

That's exactly what we did. The issue that you and your fellow testers identified, with "Bouquet of Trust" not being recognized, has now been resolved in time for the event on Live. Thank goodness!

The "issue" that you've observed is one of confusion. The NON-repeatable Erollisi Day quests listed in the achievement are retroactive, so when you have already completed them the achievement recognizes it (because you can't do them again). The repeatable Erollisi Day quests are NOT retroactive. It is intended that if the quest is repeatable that you must do it again to get credit.

Fixing an achievement will often reset it, as Extemper warned you in this thread. Unfortunately, it causes an issue for those of you on Test that have already completed the annually repeatable content. I wish it didn't.

Thank you again for helping us polish the content! It goes much smoother due to all the testing that happens on Test!

~ Kaitheel
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's what makes it tough to get the achievement this year; the game thinks we've done the repeatables, the stupid achievement list does not, and there's no reconciling the two. :-/

Uwk
    who wonders if the folks doing Frostfell ever did get their achievement this time 'round...
    Alenna likes this.
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Deep breaths, Uwk, deep breaths. /comfort

This happens on Test, and is one of the hazards of playing on Test that we learn to simply accept and move on. Things break, sometimes they can't be fixed in time to help us. Other times, fixing it before it hits Live breaks us. Just keep reminding yourself: it is Test, things happen. Be glad it was caught/fixed before it broke for everyone's live characters. It means that Test is doing what it should - finding the creative bugs, and providing enough detail so the devs can find and fix the problem before it breaks for the rest of Norrath.

If you, or anyone else on Test really wanted that item reward, I've got someone who earned the achievement who can buy more of them for folks. (If you're upset because you're a completionist, sorry, can't help there, and Test is going to give you grey hairs, but if you're mostly just upset about the reward, that is easily doable by dropping an in-game mail to Niami on Test within the next week or so. so I have time to shop and ship.)

~Mum